A few more details as to posting in the General Ficiton

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed there is a waiting period after starting a new thread in General Fiction before your thread can be seen. I presume this is to give the mods a chance to review the material for content and to make sure the selected rating matches the content. (I didn't know that at first, I thought my computer was screwing up again. Hence the duplicate threads over in Fanatsy.)

Am I right on this? Also, what happens if I start a new thread and forget to select a content rating. The reason I ask is because I started a thread either Saturday or Sunday and it hasn't posted yet. I wanted to know what the general turn around time was. Or if it wasn't being posted becasue I forgot to select a content rating, didn't have enough content as it was only a preview pic or maybe it never went into the system.

Just wanting some clarification so I won't make the same mistakes next time. Thanks.

1. The moderator of the section hasn't responded to the email that says, "Hey, there's a post to be moderated!" ... I'll get on him about that.
  2. Content must be approved because this isn't a restricted area like the Galleries. So, we do look for Content Rating Icons here. Missing one, however, doesn't necessarily mean that we'll reject it. We might add it ourselves. It just might not be what you would have labeled it yourself. You can, of course, correct that once it posts.
That all said: I'll go look myself now and approve anything waiting.

What was the title? I usually accept those within a day or two of them being posted for mod approval.

I probably clicked the 'delete' button instead of the 'approve' button :eek:

I didn't find anything either. If necessary just repost it and either FE or I will get to it promptly.

Yikes! I can't remember what I called it! I was trying to be mysterious with the title and I can't remember. :p Okay I'll repost. Thanks guys. :)

Hey, I've checked several times today and there was nothing there. Suddenly I go to repost now and it's up. Oh well. Thanks again guys. :D

Back