Bamf! vs Betrayal

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
Your playing Mutant Nation, it's turn 3 and you have no team-up. You control the 2 drop Shadowcat and 3 drop Scarlet Witch. You attack your opponent's 3-drop with Shadowcat. After the attack becomes legal, you play a nondescript pump, and your opponent chains Betrayal.

I'm presuming you cannot play Bamf! in response and choose Shadowcat for no effect.

Betrayal
Plot Twist, 2
Target player stuns a non-stunned character he controls if he controls two or more affiliated characters, unless all affiliated characters he controls share at least one team affiliation.

Bamf!
Plot Twist, 3
X-Men characters you control cannot be stunned while attacking this turn.

You can play bamf!, but then you'd be force to stun Scarlet Witch since Shadowcat is no longer valid to choose.

Just to help people get the entire picture here Dj could you please post up why you thought it would not be possible to play bamf!

I don't thing DJ was questioning whether or not he could play Bamf! but rather if playing Bamf! would counter Betrayal's effect allowing him to get away without having to stun any of his characters.

It does work. You as the player are the target and get to choose who to stun. Just because the character can't be stunned doesn't mean you can't choose them.

I'll try to find another example to show this.

Now thts exactly why I asked Dj to explain his reason for asking the question. Anywhere ya go people never explain VS questions and answers properly. For example you just stated the names of two cards without any explanation of what youre on about. Too many paces give the names a short scenario description if they even give a half decent one and the usual answer to a question is either yes or no and almost never a why. This place is supposed to be better than that. Its supposed to be filed with peope that pride themselves on giving detail after detail after detail. Maybe if more details and information were given each time it might attract more people to this section.

Couldnt hurt to get a VS card registry up too Da. <wink wink nudge nudge>

Pretty much, I was under the impression that worked the same way as red Star vs Tim Drake:

Tim Drake :diamond1 Robin, Young Detective
2 - Teen Titans - Character 2/3
If a team attacker you control would become stunned, you may instead choose another team attacker you control. If you do, stun the chosen character.

Boost 2: When Tim Drake comes into play, Teen Titans characters you control cannot be stunned while attacking this turn.

Red Star, Leonid Kovar
4 - Teen Titans - Character 7/6- Range
Whenever Red Star becomes powered-up, he cannot be stunned while attacking this turn.

Pay 1 resource point :vs_arrow Target player loses 5 endurance. Use this power only once per turn and only if you control another Teen Titans character.
There was just some question on it over at another forum, and I wanted to know if I had a grasp on it firmly. VS rulings, for some reason, muddle in my mind. They don't stick, so I pretty much keep my mouth shut when trying to answer questions on them, unlesss I'm absolutly certain. And even then.... :haveaday

Back