Duelist on the street: article #1

Let's see if we can get this straightened out. the duelist on the street article #1

Ok hi i'm i am cao pi and i'm thought I should give to the community of gamers of this online city that we call cog, so to make a long story short i'm going to grace you with my article that i'm gonna post weekly on my site and here on cog.This article addresses the things that some duelists can't get over[ good deck building,using cards right,mentality of dueling, etc.].And this week I'm gonna cover one of the most scariest and most exciting part of a duelist's career,going to their first tournement.

Hello fellow duelists. I welcome you to my humble article, now the lesson i'm gonna teach you this week is how to get through your first tournement and how to prep for it.

First, you should go to www.yugioh-card.com and go to forbidden/limited to check to see if you have any cards in your deck that don't comply to this list, most of the time the locals will check your deck but sometimes you might not get lucky.Next you should check to see what store in your area has a tournement[if you have a toys-r-us in your town or near it you should check there first]. Then go to the store and ask when it is scheduled,how much it costs to play, and to see if it is a advanced[forbidden list used] or traditional[no forbidden list(in this case the forbidden cards are limited)]. Now when you get there get to know the people and ask if anyone will help you to build you deck[don't forget to bring you extras!] and mabye give you some commons or if you have anything worth tradeble[try to find a reliable person or have a price guide on hand to determine if the trade is good] they might help further.Now you might want to invest in some card sleeves, most comic shops/card shops carry the ultra pro line of sleeves[heck even the wal-mart has them] some carry a brand called max protection[they have fancer pictures on the back of these sleeves and should be the size of your cards[if you need help ask the shop owner(both products are the same price so he most likely won't try to swindle you)]. Now here's some additional tips for surviving your first YU-GI-OH! tournement.

1. Don't expect to win.

2. try to be courteous and respectful.

3. Don't bet your cards on a duel until you get a lot better.

4. Have a price guide for reference when you trade[and keep one that's up to date]

5. Keep your stuff on you at all times

6. bring food[I found this out the hard way in my first tournement a year ago]

7. read the rule book again before the tournement[and read it thoroughly]

8. watch out for fake cards

-Jeffrey Houser a.k.a i am cao pi

Back