EEN Special You Sank My Battleship...NOT!

I would like to thank Digital Jedi for giveing me the opportunity to be a Staff Writer here at the City. Thankyou

Now almost all of us can say we have played "Battleship". A game that was very popular"¦a while ago. Now over time we have been introduced to Battleship cards in Yu-Gi-Oh! With the release of Big Core in Rise of Destiny no one ever really thought much of him. Next came B.E.S. Crystal Core in the release of Cybernetic Revolution, and yet once again these Battleships were thrown away.

But now with the release of Elemental Energy we are introduced to yet another Battleship monster"¦
B.E.S. Tetran, as well as a magic support card that goes by the name of
Boss Rush. You will more than likely not see these "Battleship" monsters make a huge impact with the new meta, but they can surely try.

In today's article we will be looking at an offensive defensive smack down. It combines the usage of stall by utilizing the "Battleships" effects. And hitting your opponent hard with their attacks and ability to stay flying with the effect of
Boss Rush.

Monsters

Big Core
B.E.S. Crystal Core
B.E.S. Crystal Core
B.E.S. Tetran
B.E.S. Tetran
Cyber Dragon
Cyber Dragon
Drillroid
Drillroid
Magician of Faith
Spirit Reaper
Sangan
Breaker the Magical Warrior
D. D. Warrior Lady
Cyber Jar
Morphing Jar
Night Assailant

Magic

Card Destruction
Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon
Premature Burial
Snatch Steal
Brain Control
Brain Control
Scapegoat
Limiter Removal
Book of Moon
Enemy Controller
Soul Exchange
Boss Rush
Boss Rush
Confiscation
Cost Down

Trap

Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole
Bottomless Trap Hole

The main cards of the deck include:

RDS-EN030 -
Big Core
Machine/Effect Level 6 ATK/2300 DEF/1100
Put 3 counters on this card when you Normal Summon it. This card is not destroyed as a result of battle. If this card battles a monster, remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If this card battles without a counter, destroy this card at the end of the Damage Step

CRV-EN021 -
B.E.S. Crystal Core
Machine/Effect LV5 ATK/2100 DEF/1000
Put 3 counters on this card when you Normal Summon it. this card is not destroyed as a result of battle. If this card battles a monster, remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If this card battle without a counter, destroy this card at the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can change 1 face-up Attack Position monster on your opponent's side of the field to face-up Defense Position.

EEN-EN017 -
B.E.S. Tetran
Machine/Effect LV6 ATK/1800 DEF/2300
Put 3 counters on this card when you Normal Summon it. This card is not destroyed as a result of battle. If this card battles a monster, remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If this card battles without a counter, destroy this card at the end of the Damage Step. Also, by removing 1 counter on this card, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. You can only use this effect once per turn.

EEN-EN047 -
Boss Rush
Spell Card
The controller of this card cannot Normal Summon or Set. During the End Phase of the turn that a monster on your side of the field that includes "B.E.S." in its card name, or is named "
Big Core", is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster that includes "B.E.S." in its card name, or is named "Big Core".

Big Core is really nothing to talk about, but he does help the deck with Boss Rush. This monster, when Normal Summoned correctly gets three counters put onto it. Every time it is involved in battle (Whether you attack with it or your opponent attacks your Big Core) a counter is removed from it. When it all those three counters are gone this monster can fight one last time, but when it has no counters and battles it is destroyed.

Crystal Core is like his comrade
Big Core, they both have the same effects except for one minor detail. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can change 1 face-up Attack Position monster on your opponent's side of the field to face-up Defense Position. So if your opponent is using a Jinzo you may use Crystal's effect to change it to defense position, and seeing as Jinzo only has 1500 defense it is an easy target for Crystal or another monster you may have. This is also why Drillroid is in here, with the limiting of Nobleman of Crossout more defense destruction is needed with all the Spirit Reapers running around, although Drillroid still flips the monster when it attacks so cards like Morphing Jar and Cyber Jar will still get there effects. The synergy between these two monsters is still indestructible. When Drillroid attacks a facedown monster it destroys it regardless if the monster's effect becomes activated. So you can see how these two are a lethal duo.

Our own Sevendash of itstimetoduel.com said this about
B.E.S. Tetran, "It's basically a three turn Breaker the Magical Warrior." Yes that's right it is like having three Breker the Magical Warriors on the field. At the cost of one counter from Tetran after it is successfully normal summoned he may destroy one magic or trap card on the field. With all of those pesky Sakuretsu Armors and Royal Decrees in decks this is a vital monster that supports its fleet.

Last but certainly not least we have
Boss Rush. A spell card that gives your command fleet its power. If and when your Big Core, , or B.E.S. Crystal Core is destroyed while you have Boss Rush on the field you may search your deck for a one monster with the above names in it. The down side of this card is that if you have two B.E.S. Crystal Core's on the field for example, and they are both destroyed on the same turn, and you have one Boss Rush on the field you may only search for one B.E.S. Tetran or Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">, or B.E.S. Crystal Core is destroyed while you have Boss Rush on the field you may search your deck for a one monster with the above names in it. The down side of this card is that if you have two B.E.S. Crystal Core's on the field for example, and they are both destroyed on the same turn, and you have one Boss Rush on the field you may only search for one B.E.S. Tetran or Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">B.E.S. Tetran, or B.E.S. Crystal Core is destroyed while you have Boss Rush on the field you may search your deck for a one monster with the above names in it. The down side of this card is that if you have two B.E.S. Crystal Core's on the field for example, and they are both destroyed on the same turn, and you have one Boss Rush on the field you may only search for one B.E.S. Tetran or Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">, or B.E.S. Crystal Core is destroyed while you have Boss Rush on the field you may search your deck for a one monster with the above names in it. The down side of this card is that if you have two B.E.S. Crystal Core's on the field for example, and they are both destroyed on the same turn, and you have one Boss Rush on the field you may only search for one B.E.S. Tetran or Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;">Big Core[/ycard] from your deck. If you have two Boss Rush on the field than you may search for two.

These monsters alone are weak but together they are united as a great fleet of ships. When your dueling with these monster remember these words"¦"You Sank My Battlship"NOT!".

','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;"> on the field than you may search for two.

These monsters alone are weak but together they are united as a great fleet of ships. When your dueling with these monster remember these words"¦"You Sank My Battlship"NOT!".

','ycard','width=600,height=600'); return false;"> on the field than you may search for two.

Um, you may want to edit the links on all the EEN cards so they don't link to Digital Jedi's user notes. >_<

-chaosruler

pretty sweet...considering i kept pulling a lot of the "core" cards out of all those packs...definitely one for me to try building...

The mis-linking is probably my fault. I inserted the EEN links myself, but it looks like the copy and paste process screwed with that. They should all be fixed now.

[hint]It'll be nice when they enable the auto-linking for EEN[/hint] ;)

Thanks DJ it is fixed now.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed this weeks article, I will try to bring you an water dragon article next week but may not becuase I don't want to offend Tiso >.>.

Or I oculd have an article called the viewers choice where you guys decide on what I write about.

so...you decide.

Sweet Article man... it truly shows that these monsters have alot of potential ... one has a built in Breaker effect... another has a built in Enemy Controlleresque effect... and they all have a bit of Spirit Reaper going on.... if done right this could be a truly devastaing deck..... Im actually thinking about how to make one right now.. Thanks for the inspiration....

No problem that is why I am herre and why I write them. But if I may correct you it does not have a built in controller but a built in Book of Moon, Crystal Core switches them into facdown defense not faceup.

Also about the whole leaving my article up to you guys ting...that may not be possible until the article after next as I might do a little SOI special on the new frog monsters or pikeru, also Another Battleship came out in SOI w00t.

So if you want to juice up the above deck throw in one of these when you pull one when SOI comes out but also remember to fit in another Cost Down.

Giant Battleship - Combat Core

Earth/Machine/7/2500/800

When this card is Normal Summon put two counters on this card. This card cannot be destroy

as result of battle. When this card battle, at the end of Damage Step flip a coin. If

it's head, remove a counter from this card. When this card do not have counters on it and

battle, destroy it at the end of Damage Step.

Super/Ultimate Rare

????????????

I like the review and the deck looks okay. I have a question about Boss Rush. Since the cards would be special summoned from the graveyard they wouldn't get the three counters, right? This means that they wouldn't have any counters on them and need to be recharged or they would only last for one battle. If that is so then I would put an Apprentice Magician, Pitch-Black Power Stone or Magical Plant Mandragola to place a token on them.

Crash

Yes as pssvr said they wouldn't be recharged because they aren't given a spell counter just a counter.

Also they come from your deck not your grave.

.:TDK:. said:
No problem that is why I am herre and why I write them. But if I may correct you it does not have a built in controller but a built in Book of Moon, Crystal Core switches them into facdown defense not faceup.

Your article said:
CRV-EN021 -
B.E.S. Crystal Core
Machine/Effect LV5 ATK/2100 DEF/1000
Put 3 counters on this card when you Normal Summon it. this card is not destroyed as a result of battle. If this card battles a monster, remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If this card battle without a counter, destroy this card at the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can change 1 face-up Attack Position monster on your opponent's side of the field to face-up Defense Position.

Well, apparently, you're confused. B.E.S. Crystal Core has a Enemy Controller like effect, not a Book of Moon. Note the italicized and underlined word.

-chaosruler

Back