first deck for VS EVER!!

EmeraldDragon

Bringer of Doom
Ok I dont know if this will look good to you guys but it seems ok to me. Bear in mind i only started looking into this game roughly a week ago give or take a day or so. Go easy on me.

Characters

2x Thermite
3x Beast
3x Rick Jones
3x Natasha Romanoff <> Black Widow
4x Dane Whitman <> Black Knight
3x Quicksilver
3x Carol Danvers <>Warbird
3x Hawkeye
3x Albert Gaines <> Nuke
2x She Hulk
3x Woner-Man
1x Hercules

Plot Twists

3x Call down the lightning
2x Call to arms
3x Might makes right
3x AIDA
2x Answer the call
3x Squadron Sanction
2x Other Earth
2x Enemy of my enemy
2x Avengers disassembled
2x Earths Mightiest Heros

Locations

2x Playroom
1x Pym Laboratories

What do you guys think? How bad does it suck?

It's not bad for a first build. You seem to be going for a reservist theme. Your main problem is having to many plot twist and locations and not enough characters. With a reservist build you want something like 40/20 (doesn't have to be exact) so you can get characters in your resource row. This is so you can replace or reveal them for your effects.

Also Squadren characters don't really fit in to a reservist build because they work better when your hand is empty. In your build that probably won't happen much.

I'm not going to comment directly, but I will give you some deck building help. When you build a deck you want to minimize the probablity of geting dead cards in your hand.

For instance you used "Answer the call" and you have no way to empty your hand and team-up fast enough for it to be useful. Another example of a possible dead card is "Avengers disassembled" the chances your going to be able to use this card are slim. Combine "Avengers disassembled" with "Answer the call" in your hand and that's two cards that are dead.

Other than minimizing the amount of dead cards, you want play cards that complement one another. Like "Pym Laboratories" and a row full of reservist. Your deck is trying to hit two different uncomplententary(is that a word?) themes reservist and empty hand. Pick one and roll with that and see if that makes a difference.

Well the way i saw it is that while there aint too many i admit but there were enough cards that needed me to discard that id be able to do it easy enough and quick enough to empty my hand if needed. Especially if i get a few rick jones in it.

I ran a Squad deck specifically designed to dump my hand as quickly and effectively as possible, I sometimes I could not get my hand dumped by turn 4,5.

The only thing I can tell you is try it out against some of the common modern builds and see how it does....

you don't need cards that let let you discard other cards. You need cards (plot twists) that can be played from the hand at any time (discard them)

Back