Infinite Loops with Pole Position Again :\

Judicator

The Man in Room V
This situation seems likely that will happen:

BLS plus Jinzo+Amp and Pole Position

If BLS gets wacked the infinite loop would occur :\

So um, the question I guess can BLS be destroyed in battle if the Jinzo+Amp+Pole Position loops is imminent on field?

I always understood that an equip card IS affecting the monster it is equipped to, even if the effect is not directly affecting it.

Im referring to what happens when you attempt to equip Raregold Armor to Guardian Kay'est/Legendary Fisherman.

I was told that Raregold, is affecting the equipped monster, even though the effect states that it is forcing other monsters to attack a specific target.

chaosruler said:
Umm, both of those monsters are unaffected by Spell Cards, and are not legal targets for Raregold Armor.....

-chaosruler
well, exactly.

So, how is Amplifier any different? it is still equipped to Jinzo, and affecting him, even if the actual effect is to allow traps on the controller's side to function.

By that logic, Pole Position would activate, causing the loop.

I understand DaGuyWithBluGlasses's argument, but it seems to not take into account that very statement, if the card is unaffected, it cannot be a legal target.

Since Amplifier has already been activated and resolved from previously, when this theoretical loop has been inacted, then why would Pole Position not create a.......*snap*
*snark*
*fizzle*
...bee-du-doo. "We're sorry, the number you have dialed has been disconnected. Please hang up and try again"

Some equip cards affect the monster... some equip cards are only affected by the monters.

If it increases the attack, it affect the monster. If it changes the monster's attribute, it affects the monster.

Necklace of Command on the otherhand has no effect on any monster. But rather looks for a condition and then affects a player's hand or deck.

Also Card that are unnaffected by spell cards are indeed completely legal targets for equip cards.

DaGuyWitBluGlasses said:
Some equip cards affect the monster... some equip cards are only affected by the monters.

If it increases the attack, it affect the monster. If it changes the monster's attribute, it affects the monster.

Necklace of Command on the otherhand has no effect on any monster. But rather looks for a condition and then affects a player's hand or deck.

Also Card that are unnaffected by spell cards are indeed completely legal targets for equip cards.

whoa. Has that always been the case, or is this revised since the days of DCR's release? I had been told numerous times how I could not legally target Legendary Fisherman/Kay'Est with Raregold Armor, because the equip is affecting the equipped monster. This, despite the fact the text states, "other monsters can only/must/cannot...(blah blah, do stuff)".

Is there something specific concerning Raregold Armor's effect (or Metalsilver Armor/other types of equips like Ring of Magnetism) that prevents this from happening?

Smashing Ground can still check the attack of a monster Kay-est or Fisherman. (Smashing Ground vs Pole Position)

Equip cards have 2 parts to them, and unfortunately it's not always spelled out what's the condition and what's the effect:

E.g. "Increase the ATK of a Dark Monster by 400" is both an effect and a condition: the condition is that it the equipped monster has to be a Dark Monster, the effect being to increase its ATK.

Only the condition matter for determining a legal target. It has always been this way for spell/trap cards that remain face-up on the field. E.g. Toon World has no effect, but you may always activate Toon World (if you have 1001+ life points) even though it has no possibility of doing anything.

Infinite loops are not allowed to exist as a game state, so we're trying to figure out how to stop them in the most democratic way ever, American Gladiator Jousting, w00t *Sean, thanks for the idea*

-chaosruler

chaosruler said:
Infinite loops are not allowed to exist as a game state, so we're trying to figure out how to stop them in the most democratic way ever, American Gladiator Jousting, w00t *Sean, thanks for the idea*

-chaosruler

So umm yeah, about that earlier thread on PP vs Muka Muka, did the officials make any head way on that?

Note: Kinda off topic I know

Back