2 MAV-013 Hercules ~ Son of Zeus
Plot Twists:
4 MAV-194 Heroes in Reserve
4 MAV-031 Call Down the Lightning
4 MFF-025 Flying Kick
3 MAV-029 Avengers Assemble!
Locations:
2 MAV-030 Avengers Mansion

i've been thinking of taking out 1 rick jones out for a carol danvers.

The only difference between your deck and 99% of the decks run in ATL is the wasp. I understand the extra leader helps for utilizing avergers assemble, but thats nothing ground breaking and certainly wont help win a PC. Out of the 10 matches I had in ATL, I had one terrible draw where I knew I couldnt win. My other loses came from simply being out played or making a stupid mistake that cost me the game. In this meta, avengers is just an average deck with average matchups. Against any other deck in MMA, it could go either way.

you see 1 card: wasp

I see the even initiative turning from a bad situation to a good one.

under droping wasp on turn 4 with natasha is amazing; although risky (hawkeye), it can pay off greatly

the leader thing adds 3 of evey drop turn 3+up

In my opionion, if someone is consistantly losing to squad using avengers they are doing something wrong.

I think it greatly depends on the players piloting the decks. Player skill and luck play into who wins and losses everytime. But your deck does have a similar build to most Avengers decks I saw at PC and Playtested against. Some people tried to add more tech to Avengers, which I think hurt them more than helped in Atlanta.

Have you ever tried throwing Rem-Ram in? I think he's decent so you don't miss your curve.

but I don't miss my curve... I think maybe 1 outa 20 games i'll unwillingly miss my drop/underdrop. Some times i'll underdrop on purpose with carol or a drop with cost 1 less the the number of resources I have down and a rick jones.

I did see a few leader builds, some people where doing some things right. But those people, along with people not using leader builds, where teching cards like system failure and war of attrition. I'm pretty sure these cards hurt more then helped; the only two decks war of attrition helps against is hellfire club and x-faces and avengers already has a great match-up against these two decks.

When I played this deck, which is a similar build I missed more often, I would miss a drop 1 out of 4 games on average.... And every once and a while I would end up with one of those incredibly awful games where I would draw nothing but plot twists....(that's very rare and the percentages are against it)

exiledforcefreak said:
you see 1 card: wasp

I see the even initiative turning from a bad situation to a good one.

under droping wasp on turn 4 with natasha is amazing; although risky (hawkeye), it can pay off greatly

the leader thing adds 3 of evey drop turn 3+up

In my opionion, if someone is consistantly losing to squad using avengers they are doing something wrong.

Hawkeye, Druid or Carol Danvers are much better choices than underdropping with 2 2-drops. Besides, I always drop Natasha on 2 anyway to use her effect on 2 or 3, whenever I have initiative. By overloading your deck with leaders, you add more risk to have reservists in the resource row.

On another note, She-Hulk is far superior to Sub-Mariner. Sure his effect is nice, but the fact you wont take 5 damage when she swings is bigger.

On yet another note, you stated in another forum you could stun back using avengers mansion. How in a 60 card deck do you expect to hit the mansion only running 2 of them?

The problem with Avengers is they have the ability to run out of steam as far as support cards are concerned. If you burn all your PTs early on, it is difficult to win because of the inability to do damage. If a 60 card deck, at least 40 are characters which means you may see 4-5 PTs a game. If 1-2 are Avengers Assemble, you only have 3-4 attack pumps. There is no draw ability for Avengers so if you draw no PTs you cant go find them. In this meta, there is so much rush and negation of PTs, it makes Avengers a weaker deck. In a slower curve meta where every deck is setting itself up for something, Avengers rule.

Back