OMG! A Tributable Scapegoat?!?!?!

Here's another really good card for the new Phantom Darkness. This card seriously is alot of Scapegoat brother.

So let's see it's effect.

---------

Quick-Play Spell

When you activate this card, you cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon or Special summon. Special summon 2 "Dark Blaze Phantom Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position (These Tokens cannot be Tributed for Tribute summon except for the Tribute Summon of a Dark Monster)

----------

Gee, a quick-play that lets you special summon tokens, what does this reminds you of. Yes, Scapegoats. But there are differences, good and bad. The bad thing is, it only special summons 2 tokens. The "good" thing is, you CAN tribute them for a tribute summon, for Dark types.

Now, this is just plain wrong. And thank GOD that you only get 2 tokens instead of 4. This card reminds me of Dandylion, except it's a quick-play spell instead of monster. Tributable token is not fun. Mainly cause even non-tributable Tokens can be tributed or used in NUMBER of ways.

Let's list the use even WITHOUT the effect of the Dark Tribute use.

#1: CRUSH CARD VIRUS?!?!

EEK!!! Another HUGE different of this card and Scapegoats. They made a mistake of making DARK tokens with ATK of 0. My gosh, we're already getting Fiend's Sanctuary, do we REALLY need another Crush Card Abusable card? If they're going to pimp cards like this, might as well just give the Crush Card to the common public now. And when it does, I HOPE this card get either banned or restricted to 1.

#2: Creature Swap. With ATK of 0, switch into ATK position and just swap it.

#3: Enemy Controller. Tribute it for the steal.

#4: BANNED. Metamorphosis. Well, in traditional, you can do this. Turn it into TER for some stupid abuse.

#5: Monster Gate. Yeah, tribute it for something more useful with an actual ATK stat.

#6: United We Stand. Not as abusive as 4 tokens for 3200+ATK monster, but yeah, 2 extra monsters on the field means whoever is equiped with United We Stand will become alot more stronger.

#7: Plain old meatwall. Not as good as scapegoat for stalling since it's 4 tokens vs 2 tokens, but they CAN be walls.

--------

And let's go over the tribute option

#1: Dark Magician of Chaos. For this, you'll need to save both the tokens. So instead of using this card as meat shield, I would take the LP damage, then at the end phase, activate Blaze of Demise, and at your turn, tribute both for DMoC. Seriously, this card is broke.

#2: Jinzo. The best dark attribute 1 tribute monster. (For now) yeah, Jinzo is a good contender.

#3: Caius the Shadow Monarch. Yeah, we'll get it sooner or later. (I think it was April) And O BOY! when we DO get it, all those 1x Scapegoats WILL be replace by this buddy. (Yeah, run 3x Caius and 3x Blaze of Demise) Seriously, block one attack with Blaze of Demise for 1 token, and then tributing the 2nd token with Caius will be BROKEN AS CRAP. (especially if your foe wasted a s/t destroyer like Heavy/Breaker to boot) This card tops Jinzo no question, but we don't have this card yet so I'm putting it #3 for now. Heck, for a 1 tribute with broken effect of free RFP effect plus potential burn effect, I'll recommend this card as #1 most abusive card to tribute these tokens for this tribute summon no questions.

-----------

So a quick-play token summoner with a THOUANDS OF USES plus an added bonus of actually can be used for a TRIBUTE. (A Monarch no less in the near future) Yeah.... BROKEN!!!!

In the end, I give this card a

11 out of 10

BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN. I REALLY want this card to be at least 1 per deck by March Banlist. So that when we get the Dark Monarch in April, it would somewhat be balanced. Rather then "LOL, I activate Blaze of Demise on your turn to block your attack, and my turn, tribute for Caius" broken CRAP! HECK! Even NOW, it's broken cause people who Crush Card Virus will ABUSE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS of this card.

A lot of folks tend to look at cards in the "as good as" category. I tend to look at cards in the "supplemental" category. Rather then thinking that Scapegoat is better, I think this cards makes Scapegoat better. I would use them in concert. But then, I'm prone to stall decks.

Back