Question about 3...2...1 and Ancient Throne

cosmoccp

It's not very clear for me what would be the consequence to flip the card 3...2...1 from the resource row if the opponent has the Ancient Throne in his resource row and choose to discard a card to turn it face-down in the moment I'm flipping 3...2...1 face-up.

Can somebody explain me it?

For your convenience below I'm reporting the text of the cards.

Thanks

DCR-145 3...2...1
Play 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . only during the combat phase and only if you control a Villains United character. If 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . is in your resource row, KO 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . and KO target location. Otherwise, replace that location.

DLS-115 Ancient Throne
Whenever an opponent flips a location or plays a plot twist from his resource row, if you control a character named Darkseid, you may discard a card. If you do, turn a face-up resource face down. This power triggers only once per turn. Activate >>> Cards named Darkseid you own are not unique this turn.

Well, thanks to the VS rules, there's no such thing as choosing to flip it down in the moment you're flipping 3...2...1... face up. The chain of events goes like this:

You announce that you're playing 3...2...1... from your resource row, targeting Ancient Throne. 3...2...1... goes on the chain.

Ancient Throne now triggers. It's triggered power goes on the chain.

Assuming that neither player makes any other play, Ancient Throne now begins to resolve. The player who controls Ancient Throne may now choose to discard a card and turn Ancient Throne face-down. If they do, then Ancient Throne is turned face down.

Now 3...2...1... tries to resolve (after successive passes). However, it's target is no longer on the field. Thus, 3...2...1... will not fully resolve, and stays face up. No cards are KO'd.

Back