Question on chaining and costs

YugiDad

I was wondering about when your opponents can chain in regards to payments of cost. For example with Sebastain Shaw after I attack I choose to use the leader payment power by KOing two adjacent hidden Hellfire club members. Can an opponent chain a card to move one of the adjacent characters to my visable area to negate the ability or are costs paid at activation similar to Yu-Gi-Oh! so that the adjacent characters would be in the KO pile before another effect could go on the chain?

Sebastian Shaw, Black King
Character, Hellfire Club, 7
16/16
Mutant "” Physical<p>Concealed"”Optional
Leader: KO two hidden Hellfire Club characters adjacent to Sebastian Shaw >>> Ready Sebastian Shaw. Use this power only once per turn and only during the combat phase.

You got it, the costs are paid when you activate the effect. So, your opponent can't move the ajacent character to try to negate the effect.

Precisely, costs in VS are the same as in Yu-Gi-Oh!, where once a cost is paid it is before the effect is placed on the chain (therefore unchainable) and non-refundable. This would be true of payments, cards that read "as an additional cost to play..." and threshold/recruit costs.

Back