Suggestions For My Monarch Deck?

LeviaDragon

Evil Fishy
Hey, i run a monarch deck and i was wondering if anyone see's anything that needs fixin. ^-^ (also sent this to jathro for help, just thought i should put that out there)

(The Blueprint i used for this deck was Lazaro Bellido's Old Monarch Deck)

2 Thestalos
2 raiser
3 mobious
1 zaborg
3 nimbles2 cyber dragons
1 sangan
1 mole
2 gravekeeper spy
2 legendary jittutsu master
1 reaper
1 treeborn frog
1 skelengel(lookiong for dekoichi)
1 dark mimic level 1 (same as above)
(no card troopers)

Magic

2 brain controls
2 hammer shots(looking for smashings)
2 soul exchanges
1 preme
1 pot of avarice
1 snatch
1 heavy storm
1 MST

Traps

3 sakaretsus
1 ring of destruction
1 bottemless
1 torrential
1call of the haunted
1 mirror force

also, some questions
1. why do people run gravekeepers spy in 3's? i run 2 and they work fine

also, lazaro ran 2 Legendary J. masters, but then removed both of them for the last shonen, any clues why he wouldve done that?

It's not exactly easy to comment on a theme that has been well decked many times over with little variant (basically, whatever your personal style is).

That said, Fissure would be a better choice than Hammer Shot if you can't find Smashing Ground. Lightning Vortex would also be a good alternative in case you run into a swarming deck.

Also, instead of the Dark Mimic/Skelengel, since you are running a lot of Earth types, Giant Rat baby. Can find itself, the Mole, the Nimbles, and the Jujitsu Masters (which you can always put into Defense position after they're summoned.

As for why GK Spy is run in 3... it's because what do you do other than gnash your teeth if you draw 2 to start with?

If you're looking for explanations as to why certain cards are run, well, Densetsu answered you for the spies.

I'll answer you for the Hammer Shots. PLEASE don't run those, run Fissures if you don't have the Smashing Grounds at least, but not Hammer Shot, they can kill your own monster, and since you're playing Monarchs, they're more likely to backfire, than not, in this kind of deck.

The Jujitsu masters are just kind of a toss-up for people... I think that more and more people are running Card Troopers, which get pumped up to 1900, which make people still lose the jujitsu master for tribute bait could be one reason it's not being run as often as it has been, even if the trooper gets bounced back to the top of the deck. That's just an opinion, though. Plus, everyone plays to their own tastes, who's to say why someone really does something, afterall? I personally think playing Card Trooper in a Monarch deck is absolute madness, but he and his brother seem to do it so well, who am I to argue?

Your running Monarchs. Hammer shot will mostly kill your monsters since they're all 2400ATK beatsticks.

And I have to say it's a bit TOO much monarchs for that deck. (i.e. don't have enough tribute support for 8x monarchs) Yeah, I know you got 2x brain and SOul Exchange, but still.

People run in 3x cause of Card Trooper. If that thing hits a GK Spy, then it's a dead card for the rest of the game unless you hit a Pot of Avarice.

Back