What TV Shows would make good Anime?

Machinefreak

I was reading a recent article in Anime Magazine a month or two ago, and it talked about what shows would make interesting anime (or at least the kind that you'll watch at least once). They listed such shows like Weird Science or Baywatch. And that got me to thinking, what other shows would make interesting anime? I came up with a few:

Scrubs - Come on, you have to admit this would be interesting to see.

The Twilight Zone - Given all the strange things that can happen in anime, The Twilight Zone would be a perfect contender for TV Show/Anime adaptation. I mean, if a yellow rodent can shoot lightning (Pokemon), Ancient spirits can pop out of tops (Beyblade), and dolls from 1000 years from the past can come back and fight each other (Zatch Bell), The Twilight Zone wouldn't be all that out of place in the anime world. And besides, don't you wanna see the opening theme in anime form? ^_^

Tales From The Crypt - Some may call this an odd choice, but there's 2 things that Tales From The Crypt and most anime have in common:
  • There's almost always someone getting killed.
  • There's almost always half naked women running around.
And besides,

Anime style + Crypt Keeper = AWESOME.

Smallville - Well, it definitely has enough plotholes in it to be an anime. XD

Well, that's all I have for now. What can YOU think of?

Heroes would be good. And while it's not a TV series, Harry Potter would do well as a 26 episode series per year, keeping all the details intact.

Maybe Firefly too (just looking at my DVD collection here). Anime tends to ignore that "we need to hear sounds in space!" thing sometimes, which Firefly also did.

Anime tends to ignore that "we need to hear sounds in space!" thing sometimes...
True, but only if their aren't giant Mech Suits involved. Then it's time to break out the Star Wars library of sound effects.

For my vote, I'm going to say Star Trek. And here's why:

I thought of a couple more:

Reaper - Even they've only given us a couple of episodes so far, if it were an Anime, it would look promising. Just like the actual show is looking like right now.

Desperate Housewives - It might make a good Ecchi/Hentai. Need I say more?

Cavemen - Some would think: LOL! Others will think: WTF? Regardless what you may think, this would definitely be worth a laugh or two. Or at least a chuckle.

Good Vs. Evil - Yea, I figure this would look like a good Anime. It's got Demons, Succubi, Vampires, Secret Organizations focused on destroying the above mentioned creatures, and two awesome main characters. What's not to love?

Tenacious D - Yes. I suggest that the short lived HBO Series based on "The Greatest Band In The World" would make an awesome 6 episode Anime. Just like FLCL. XD

Well, when you think about all the obscure subject matter that Anime has featured at one time or another, then probably the more obscure the series, the better. In that case, I offer Red Dwarf, Dr. Who and Pushing Daisies into the mix. Oh, and Journey Man and Quantum Leap.

Back