#4 and #5 Collector's Tin monsters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalpdw

BURNER KING!!!
UDE is putting in: (drumroll please)

Uria and Hamon! Why not screw up YuGiOh forever and make the real duelist hate the tins? LOL! Geez, it's like they're pandering to little kids. YGO is not Pokemon! Oh well, maybe the #6 Tin will have something worthwhile!

BTW, I got this information from my local hobby shop store owner who talked directly to UDE on the phone. Has anyone else heard this or what the 6th Tin is?

- Paul

generalpdw said:
UDE is putting in: (drumroll please)

Uria and Hamon! Why not screw up YuGiOh forever and make the real duelist hate the tins? LOL! Geez, it's like they're pandering to little kids. YGO is not Pokemon! Oh well, maybe the #6 Tin will have something worthwhile!

BTW, I got this information from my local hobby shop store owner who talked directly to UDE on the phone. Has anyone else heard this or what the 6th Tin is?

- Paul
You're just a tad bit too late on this info, and had you asked anyone who has a Tin, ALL the monsters are listed right on the bottom, along with the Packs that are inside.

Cyber Dragon
Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
Elemental Hero Neos

Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman

Oh, ok. Well, I haven't found a Tin yet at my local hobby shop. Supposed to come in today. Anywho, go ahead Admins/Mods, delete this unnecessary thread.

None have come in at my local stores (that I've seen) but lots of people have them. I've checked the 'R' stores and the 'B' stores and several local hoby shops. Everyone says "soon". Same with the TOKENS and the Action Figures (with cards), I can only find Burstinatrix and Bubbleman. When have they come in at your stores?

Well actually all six tins have already been confirmed on Realms and Metagame which has an article about the tins.

http://www.metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=33&ArticleId=6965

It would be kinda of obvious that the other Sacred Beasts would be reprinted along with Raviel. This is not too bad. But what is so bad is that the sixth tin is Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman. I mean come on another E-Hero. I really, really, really, would have liked for Des Volstgalph to come in place of Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman. I am pretty such that UDE had said that they would wait at least a year, before reprinting Des Volstgalph, and a year has passed.
This particular series of tins, is just like the second series of tins that were released under the BPT name.

generalpdw said:
LOL! Geez, it's like they're pandering to little kids.

Yes they are, and they make no bones about that. Kids are the primary demographic for the tins. E-Heros and Legendary Demons (or whatever they're called in GX) sell.

For the more serious duelist, they're coming out with the Champion Packs to replace the Tournament Packs. The tins will continue to be revenue generating items directed at the kiddies, probably forever.

Be thankful you got at least one "worthy" (and quite relevant) card out of the bunch and they didn't just go with Neos and a bunch of fusions :D According to Kevin Tewart [pojo], the only new cards Konami was going to allow would be utter garbage that nobody, serious duelist or not, would want.

Before you question them tooooo much, consider this. When I picked up my tins yesterday at Wal-Mart, all 4 Cyber Dragons were still there, but there was only 1 Neos left. Why? Yesterday was Primary Election Day in Maryland, and all the schools were closed. The young-uns head out to Wally World with Mom and/or Dad, see Neos, and go nuts craving it.

Marketing and profits will forever be the motivating factor in retail promotional items.

djp952 said:
Yes they are, and they make no bones about that. Kids are the primary demographic for the tins. E-Heros and Legendary Demons (or whatever they're called in GX) sell.

For the more serious duelist, they're coming out with the Champion Packs to replace the Tournament Packs. The tins will continue to be revenue generating items directed at the kiddies, probably forever.

Be thankful you got at least one "worthy" (and quite relevant) card out of the bunch and they didn't just go with Neos and a bunch of fusions :D According to Kevin Tewart [pojo], the only new cards Konami was going to allow would be utter garbage that nobody, serious duelist or not, would want.

Before you question them tooooo much, consider this. When I picked up my tins yesterday at Wal-Mart, all 4 Cyber Dragons were still there, but there was only 1 Neos left. Why? Yesterday was Primary Election Day in Maryland, and all the schools were closed. The young-uns head out to Wally World with Mom and/or Dad, see Neos, and go nuts craving it.

Marketing and profits will forever be the motivating factor in retail promotional items.
That is so true... its sad...

Well i'm certinally pleased about the shinning flare wingman, i get three for the price of one :) which is cool. The ledgenday demons suck, but marketing rules, so thats the deal y'know. but because of that i get three shinning flare wingman's so good for that.

Anyone care too remind me what the packs you'll be getting in the tins are?

isnt neo in Enemy of Justice? or is it power of duelist?

either way, its still sad, and btw the red demon is actually preaty good.

one of the best Timmy/Johnny card i have ever seen in Yugi.

I would be happy if the cartoon would just keep Jaden's deck set for a little while.(I know they won't, for the reasons stated above by djp952) My son (6yr old) is still hounding me for E-Heroes and now he sees the Neo-Spacians and D-Heroes. Here in Phoenix, at least where I have been, Cyber Dragon is the big draw. Only 2 left at K*B and Wally-World only had Raviel and Neos.

around here, where i live, there's a lots of the tins. not very many kids like the show around here. the ones that are into the game are actually real duelists that are old enough to have a six o'clock shadow. :D (that doesn't mean they have any skills though :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back