A very sad time for me...

Aura

... first of all, I apologize in advance if my english isn't very good...

I'm not sure where to start off... my name is Aura, wife of Alex AKA "slither" and mother of his daughter Saro...

On April 6th 2008, a tradegy which could change my life and my daughter's life forever, occurred... Alex, was shot... (sorry for the lots of periods, gives me time to think)

We were grocery shopping in a local mall as a riot went off because of a few robbers trying to steal not sure what or who... as the riot continued, several mall cops quickly reported to the site, it was in a matter of seconds that the horrifying event occured, Alex picked up Saro and took my hand and got us in a shop as bullets started flying off all over the place... and 2 of them hit... my husband...

I really can't express what I felt at that time, nor what I feel at the moment, I only know God is with us... Alex got quickly taken to nearest hospital "Honduras Medical Center", where he has been in intensive care and a very close watch up until now...

His condition is extremely delicate, and the doctor's told me... he might not... make it...

He hasn't yet been able to speak, since he is facing a half comma... it's a medical term I have yet to know, not sure what it's called in english...

I know Alex would've wanted me to do this... since he spent at least 2 - 3 hours daily coming in, talked to me about many people here who he always felt fond off... I can't remember much names, I can only remember digital jedi (or something similar), squid (I think) and well my mind isn't working that much... but I know he always talks highly of them and plenty of other people in the site...

I didn't know what to say, and I still don't I do know that he was/is very commited to the site as he always talked about it and spent time on it daily...

I'm not sure how well he knew all of you or how well you knew/know him, but he is the best husband any woman can ever want... an amazing father, beyond standars, and a great friend... my heart is with him

I'll be back tomorrow since I just wanted to come in and make ammends to something he enjoyed so much as this...

Thanks to everyone...

... I'm speechless. Any initial comment I thought up would probably be censored.

Alex is one of the best members on this site; friendly, helpful and all-over great. I very much hope that he pulls through okay, and that whoever was responsible is suitably punished (I suggest shooting them). Violence is only an answer if you're a caveman, and I'd like to think most of us have evolved in the last million years.

My best wishes to you, to Alex and your family.

i'm very sorry to hear that, and i wish you nothing but the very best.

i haven't had the chance to get to know your husband on a personal level, but i know that he's an intelligent man that would never wish this upon anyone.

again, i'm really sorry for what happened and i hope he recovers.
for all of us.

Aura, I can't tell you how saddened I am to hear this, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this here. Just based on what I know about slither, he would be glad you posted here. I moved this to our main site-news area and stickied it, so that your post will appear on the front page.

Please let Alex know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you (Keep talking to him, even if it isn't apparent he can hear you). He's one of the friendliest guys around here, and I know how excited he was to have just been made a moderator on our site. I was stunned when I read this, and I've been scouring the Internet trying to find some news related to this unfortunate event. As soon as I find something, I will post it in this same news section. Aura, take care, and if you have time to keep us abreast of his condition, please let us know. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate everyone's response and I thank you all for being so understanding and helpful, now I see why Alex talked so fondly of the people of this site...

I don't think I can cry anymore, and I know I have to be strong because of my daughter, even though she can't yet really figure out what has happened she can feel her father's absence, and that saddens me even more...

His pulse is getting slower everyday as that the doctor's have told me, he's fighting still, but if he doesn't pull through this week, there will be very little chance that he can make it afterwards...

Again I thank everyone here...

Not at all a problem, Aura. We're still keeping your family and Slither in our prayers. Please convey our best wishes to yours and Alex's families. Know that even though we are merely online acquaintances, he was as good of a friend as can be. We sorely miss him around here, and we daily pray and wish for his well-being. We're here if there's anything we can do for you.

Aura,

I'm a little late getting here, but my prayers of me and my family are with you at this time. I know there are a lot of folks reading this that are sending their best wishes as well, but are probably just as speechless as to what exactly to say. We're all pulling for Slither, he is a man of high integrity.

My thoughts are with you and your family, i hope slither does gets better.

Due to my on again, off again nature of surfing Yugioh Sites, I have missed this rather disturbing news by over a week. I can only hope that things have changed for the better in this time, or at the very least stabilized. It's kind of strange as I was just browsing through a few old threads the other day and saw some of his post and remembered how he was one of the long time members of the site and how I hadn't seen him posting much lately....

I can only echo the same sentiments as everyone else. My prayers go out to your family and as well as hope for a speedy recovery!!

I don't want this thread to get lost in the backlog of RSS feeds, even if it is stickied. So I'm bumping it again. Aura, if you do happen to stop back by, please do let us know how things are going.

...Hello... sorry for a late reply... I thank everyone here for the moral support you have given me...

Until now I have acquired back a little bit of my strenght... and i'm looking for any comfort in this devasting time for me and my daughter... on May 10th... Alex passed away... I have my family and friends giving me all the support that they can, sometimes (or better yet I always feel that's not enough)...

I don't even know what hurts more, having lost my husband, or looking at my daughter having lost her father... I can't even think about it for a second without crying my eyes out...

I know this has not much to do with it, but he's birthday was May 11th, as he was declared gone at 11:55 pm, on May 10th, a day, a month, a year, I won't ever forget...

As I stated on my first post, I know Alex was very fond of this forum, and i'll drop by from time to time just in memory and compensation for everything and for him (which I hope he watches from the heavens and smiles when I do)...

I do feel obligated for ask for a favor from his friends and people who knew him here... I ask not to have pitty for me but to just to make me feel that I have friends as Alex did... sometimes one needs to just get out of the real world for a moment and clear our minds in something different...

For now I can't think of anything else to say, but I LOVED my husband, or better yet I LOVE my husband, my heart will remain with him forever...

Thanks once again to the people of this community, hopefully somewhere some people will read this and see what violence has left behind... a 11 month old baby without a father and a woman with a heart filled with love which was reserved to give out for many years to come... and if someone sees this, it hopefully will change peoples attitudes and at least make a tiny difference in the world...

My dear Aura,

I cannot comprehend the sorrow you are going through right now, but I can imagine it is quite unbearable. The prayers of me and my family are with you during this time.

As much as we are a city here, we are in a lot of ways a family, and you have always been family here by extension. Please take heart that you can come by at anytime and we'll be happy to have a chat or just listen.

Again, my deepest condolences to you during this rough time.

:: Sean ::

I don't know what to say, I'm at a complete lost. You do indeed have a friend in us, Aura. You have all my condolonces. I'm just completely at a loss...

It's a real shame to hear this. You're always welcome here.

I wish all the best for you and your family.

It's times like these that make us realize how random events in our lives really are. Each and every one of us, no matter what, wants to think that when we go to bed at night the next day will bring us right back to those same smiling faces we saw the previous day. I can remember the day he came to the forum and told us of his marriage plans and how proud he was to be a Husband and Father....

I wouldn't wish the events that recently occurred to you and Alex, on anyone. The senselessness of it all. I life lost simply because someone couldn't think of a better way to find their place in the world.

Hopefully, as long as this website is active and when you feel a need, you can always stop through and view some of Alex's post, as a testament of the good he tried to do, not just for himself, but for a community that he will now never have the chance of being shown the full appreciation of his efforts.

My sincerest sympathies...

Lord knows I haven't been around these forums in a long, long time. But while checking my mail, I received a message about my inbox being full here. I navigated to the site (which is quite different since my last visit), and happened upon the tragic news here, and this thread.

I would be remiss if I didn't express my deepest sorrow for Alex's family and friends. Slither (as I knew him here) was a friendly guy - always willing to help someone else, and willing to do whatever he could to better himself around here. By doing so, he bettered my time here, and I trust others feel the same way. We had traded YGO several times in the past, and his reputation more than speaks for itself. We spoke several times through PM, and if his excitement and passion in this tiny world of ours had any carry-over into his personal life, he surely brightened the lives of anyone fortunate enough to have known him.

I was very saddened to hear what happened, and can only hope that his family and friends and others who knew him personally can find solace in the memories they have shared. Your thoughts and prayers are with us all.

-Jathro (Jeremy)

I too have been away for quite a while. My companies mergers and growth have kept me all but completely absent from the site for all but the briefest visits for well over 18 months. Thank you Digital Jedi for letting me know about this tragedy.

Aura, I am truly heartbroken for your loss. I can't imagine losing my spouse and am quite impressed by your strength and fortitude letting those of us who knew and appreciated him here know about this. If there is anything at all we can ever do for you please let us know. I have a grand-daughter just 2 months older than your daughter and would give anything to keep the pain of losing a parent from her.

Slither was a very bright, helpful and inquisitive soul. I'm sure he chose someone equally special to share his life with and we would all be honored if you would visit us when you have time.

my deepest condolences(sorry if i misspelled), i know what it's like to lose a loved one. the news hit me as a shock, when i heard that one of the members of this site had passed on. i may sound kinda inconsiderate when saying this(i apologize in advance if i do), but as least he's in a better place now.i may not get on often, but know that my prayers are with you and your family.

My heart is broken. Slither, Deck Wraith...Alex, was more than just a compatriot to me. Yo perdio mi primo. He was my friend, from a hundred miles away. We shared so many things in common: he in Honduras, me in Guatemala; both of us married close to the same time, both of us becoming fathers close to the same time.

Slither....meant a lot to me. Someone who shared my passion for the game, who shared my sense of dignity and respect for others and who believed strongly in leading by example. Yes, he was intelligent, but more important, he was witty. He was bold, but with character. He...

...I don't know what to say anymore. I am crying now. Over all the years and countless hours I have spent online and in this game, I hold two close to my heart: Alex and Sean. My loss is nothing to that of Aura or Saro, but I hurt inside, all the same.

Aura, si necessitas algo, o si quieras hablar, dime. Voy a dejar me email privado. Mi espanol es basico, pero estoy aqui para Ud. y su familia. Sinceramente,

With all my love,
Michael Hunter
:aka:
~sQuid~

Back