AdventureQuest RPG - Eliminates All Your Free Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_C

Banned
I'm curious if anyone else here plays or has played AdventureQuest, a flash RPG with rather unusual cartoon animation and a highly elaborate and, in my opinion, balanced and effective system of stats and levelling for its characters.

Quick summary: You walk around and beat up monsters and make yourself stronger. There are three main character "builds", defined by the stats which that character trains the most. Mages train mainly in Intelligence (sometimes referred to as "Intellect"), which increases their Mana and the damage done by both spells and Magic weapons. Warriors (sometimes "knights") train mainly in Strength, which increases the damage done by Melee weapons. Rangers used Ranged weapons such as bows and guns, and they train both Strength and Dexterity, both of which increase the damage done by their weapons.

In addition to these builds, characters can train in various classes such as Wizards, Paladins, Necromancers, and Dragonslayers. Ironically, there is no mechanism preventing a player from learning the arts of all classes at once. However, since "class armors" must be worn to use the class abilities, and there is a limit of eight armors to carry with you on your adventures, you can never use more than eight different classes during a quest.

For a more detailed explanation of how to build a strong character, ask Neon.

If you are really serious about the game and want to find your own ways to work with the system and understand its intricacies, Neon also has something for that. This may be the most useful guide you'll ever find.

If you are a little overwhelmed by the game at first (it is not exactly a small game), there's a guide for beginners. Personally, though, I don't really like that guide, as I feel it skips over some important and useful quests that a beginner might want to try. If anyone would like a more useful guide, just let me know. Depending on what mood I'm in, you may get hit with a ten-page analysis of everything a beginner can possibly do in the entire game.

For bragging purposes, here's me and another analysis of me.

Apperently the Name "Lord Voldemort" wan't taken, so I took that, and now he's a level 40 something, with ranks in Necromancer... But I haven't played in quite some time, so his progress is kinda at a standstill right now...

Hmm... AQstats.com shows three "Lord Voldemort"s but none of them are in the level 40's range.

Also, just so you know, you don't have to come up with a unique character name. Only a unique username.

I played this game for awhile, when the forums here advertised it. I got turned off of it when logging in became a like an hour or more wait. I guess I'll dig up my old character and see what I have...

Jason_C said:
Hmm... AQstats.com shows three "Lord Voldemort"s but none of them are in the level 40's range.

Also, just so you know, you don't have to come up with a unique character name. Only a unique username.
I'm at level 42. Here's proof.

D.M.E.N. and jpnuar1: I've put both of your character ID numbers into www.aqstats.com and the trend report section has started tracking your stats. You can go there, search your character's name or ID number, and find an in-depth analysis of your character, including information such as what your bonus random damage to hit on the three attack types is, as well as what your training has cost you and stuff like that. If you visit the Trend Report section once a day, it will track your gold, experience, and wins. After at least three visits, it sets up a line graph of each, so you can see how you perform overall. :nerd

Woot for me, I finally reached level 90 and I'm now ranked tenth in the world for my age group. :woot

gigavenom said:
if anyone wants to use my carater it a lv 32

gigaman2000

q1w2e3r4
You may not give, sell, loan, or trade your character to anyone else. Any character found to be used by anyone other than its creator will be deleted.

Jason_C said:
You may not give, sell, loan, or trade you character to anyone else. Any character found to be used by anyone other than its creator will be deleted.

I'M GIVING IT AWAY :pot_bgrin

I am rehooked on this game. I'm a Lvl 32 Fighter, not too bad since I stopped playing ages ago. Now, how to get more money fast, for better weapons...

AtrusOfKrondor said:
I am rehooked on this game. I'm a Lvl 32 Fighter, not too bad since I stopped playing ages ago. Now, how to get more money fast, for better weapons...
Become a guardian. Travel to Isle D'Oriens through the Rip in the Sky. Find Vince (location is a spoiler and is NOT to be mentioned anywhere), talk to him, and complete his quest called "The Maze" (how to complete the quest and what directions to take in the maze also SPOILER).

If done properly, Vince's Maze can be done three times in about five minutes. This will amount to 3900 Gold and 3300 EXP for X-Guardians. Then the quest will "adjust" itself so that the rewards are lowered. There's a simple way to get around this "adjustment" but that is also not allowed to be told. Once you find this loophole, you can easily make 40,000 Gold in one hour of play.

Travel map > Dragonspine > The Uneasy Peace > Dracomancer Saga

Yulgar's Inn > Upstairs > Talk to the ugly guy whose name I've forgotten > Fighter Class Quests > Knight Training

Those two quests probably give the best gold and EXP of anything you would have access to at your level and Free-ness.

Hey, free-ness is good sometimes... The knight training didn't give alot of money, but it gave nice EXP. I'm going to try the Draco saga later. I just managed to get my Ninja class available, and I'm lvl 3 in it.... the class seems really good.

AtrusOfKrondor said:
Hey, free-ness is good sometimes... The knight training didn't give alot of money, but it gave nice EXP. I'm going to try the Draco saga later. I just managed to get my Ninja class available, and I'm lvl 3 in it.... the class seems really good.
Ultimately, you will find Necromancer and Paladin to be the two best classes. Although Paladin really only becomes useful once you can cast Holy Light - which you can't do unless you've guardianized. I really think it's worth the twenty bucks, and the X-boost is DEFINITELY worth the five bucks. I'm sorry if this sounds like advertising - it's just my honest opinion on the matter.

Has anyone here ever beaten the Fibbitiest Gibbest? I can't do it for the life of me. I checked the AQ guides for the Final Challenge, but none of them go into any detail about him. It's as though I'm the only person in the world who finds him hard. Funny, they act as though the Banshee was more difficult than Fib. I killed her without blinking. I don't get these guides at all. :-:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back