[2] Snipe Hunter
[1] Mind Crush
[3] Des Wombat
[3] Giant Rat
[3] Waboku

[3] Pulling the Rug

Thanks for looking! :eek:ldwink

The Advocate said:
When you get Shrink, what will you take out, or are you just going to add?

Hmm good question... the obvious choices will be taking out the two Rush Recklessly's as they are inferior to Shrink. As for a third Shrink, if I do plan on putting a third in... not too sure. I might take out an Enemy Controller instead.

So my future plan would probably be:
-2 Rush Recklessly
-1 Enemy Controller
+3 Shrink

Updated the deck.

Note: Still no Shrinks in Ireland unfortunately. Probably still going to take a while.

Updated!

Honestly, I hate creating new threads and would rather be conservative and continue existing threads. Anyways, with the Irish Nationals coming up in four weeks, I've decided to enter with an OTK version of my gadgets. I managed to get my hands on two copies of Shrink only. Most likely I won't be able to get my hands on anything I don't already have at the moment. So please, do not suggest: Solemn Judgement, Card Trader, Shrink, Pulling the Rug. Pretty much anything that would be difficult to get. I would love to get some advice on the side deck but please do not suggest Pulling the Rugs. If I had them they would already be in. :eek:ldwink

How about Mask of Restricts instead?
There's no Hard tributes in your deck.
Hard Tribute: Can only be initially Tribute Summoned or dumped/removed then, special summoned. Example: Jinzo or most level 5 and higher.
Soft Tribute: Can be summoned intially in multiple ways, Tributing or Special summoning from hand,deck, or grave, dumped/removed then specialed or any other method.
Example: Cyber Dragon, Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight, & Fusilier Dragon.
Hard summon: Can only be intially summoned from the hand, deck, grave, or when removed.
Example: Any level 4 or lower monster without restrictions like: Rare Metal Dragon.
Soft summon: Can be intially summoned/special summoned from the hand with no tribute,dumped in grave/removed.
Example: Spell Striker or Any level 4 or lower monster that meets criteria.
Why stop one tribute when you can stop them all?
That's what I'm running.
It's great in any deck without hard tributes.
You should see the look on the opponents' faces when they have a Monarch in hand.
It's a dead giveaway.

Updated!

Hopefully this will be the version I'll be taking to the Irish Nationals. I finally managed to get some Pulling the Rugs for the side deck and everything in the side has been maxed out for consistency purposes.

No third Shrink, nor planning on using one, the random Enemy Controller seems to be doing great for some reason, even against the likes of Demise.

So if there are any suggestions still fire them away. Just keep in mind the unexpected metagame that may occur this weekend.

Am I missing something or is there no Future Fusion. How do you plan on getting out Cyber End Dragon or Cyber Twin Dragon?

Future Fusion was originally in, but took it out since it wasn't working great for me. I just have those fusions there for the sake of it. :) I could put in Fusionist as well... :p

Peps said:
Future Fusion was originally in, but took it out since it wasn't working great for me. I just have those fusions there for the sake of it. :) I could put in Fusionist as well... :p

Dude, I'd so concede if you played that on me. ;)

No, seriously...you should walk around that day advertising that you made a Fusionist OTK combo that's gonna take you straight to Worlds. Let us know how many people believed you.

I really dont want to sound out of place, but around here, Gadgets and Ultimate Offering is a real pain. Just a thought >.<

This version is actually out of date for me now. :p The format changing constantly means my gadgets have to change constantly. :(

On the subject of Ultimate Offering anyways, tried it before, never really liked it too much. At one, it's just too inconsistent for me, considering it's impossible to search effectively and doesn't really have many uses apart from swarming when you have over 2000 life.

Updating the deck now...

EDIT: Some theory behind some of the choices:

Lightning Vortex - This along with Banisher of the Radiance can wipe out an entire line of Card Trooper (which most likely happened by Machine Duplication) as well as gaining a +1 out of it.

Giant Rat - Just to bypass Pulling the Rug, seeing how Pulling the Rug can only stop Normal Summons. Also acts as a search tool for Neo-Spacian Grand Mole. I was also thinking of side-decking Protector of the Sanctuary as Giant Rat can easily search it out.

Enemy Controller - Love using it against Raiza. From what I see normally, the backrow tends to be targetted. Therefore, simply treat Raiza as if it was a Mobius. Also, if they bounce a gadget to the top of the deck, it helps versus Pulling the Rug and Trap Dustshoot.

Lack of Monsters - The main purpose behind this is, believe it or not, is to reduce the damage by Trap Dustshoot and to increase the odds of survival in a general sense. A problem I've been experiencing is having too many monsters and not drawing enough defenses or field clearers. Therefore, reducing the number of monsters means I have improved chances of drawing removal, seeing how gadgets give me a stream of monsters already. Also, assume I drew into a pair of gadgets, and my opponent used Trap Dustshoot. If I was running more monsters, most likely my opponent would have a larger selection of monsters to choose from. However, if I only had a pair of gadgets to begin with, they'll simply be forced to return a gadget to the deck. Even if I only had one gadget in hand to begin with, the odds of drawing removal to "stall" until I draw a gadget are increased. Giant Rats act as a search engine to draw into a gadget anyways if I had them sided in.

Back