Champion Pack 1: Rant thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since they are prizes given out to players... Really they need to save the "good" and exciting cards to build a desire for purchase of products, like tins and what not.

I suppose they could revamp some of the Game cards...CMC, Widespread Ruin from DOD, DBT set would be good, though I don't know who would be excited about DOR cards or EDS, but FMR-okay, love metalmorph and don't want to pay $50.00 for Harpie's Pet Dragon, NTR is good, ROD, you get the idea.

But if they did come out with really good cards, would we then not hear complaints that good cards are going too easy, like we did when Magical Arm Shield came out in a Structure, right after it was released in TP8 as an Ultra? Although I got to admit, it was nice to see it in TP8 as an Ultra. The last couple of TPs weren't bad. Hopefully this is just because it is an introduction so it will be different with round 2. But this does not bode well for the "completely different 2007" way of doing Yugioh cards UDE was talking about. Still, I'lll take what Champion Packs you don't want.

DarkLogicianOfCaos said:
Well, since they are prizes given out to players... Really they need to save the "good" and exciting cards to build a desire for purchase of products, like tins and what not.

I suppose they could revamp some of the Game cards...CMC, Widespread Ruin from DOD, DBT set would be good, though I don't know who would be excited about DOR cards or EDS, but FMR-okay, love metalmorph and don't want to pay $50.00 for Harpie's Pet Dragon, NTR is good, ROD, you get the idea.

But if they did come out with really good cards, would we then not hear complaints that good cards are going too easy, like we did when Magical Arm Shield came out in a Structure, right after it was released in TP8 as an Ultra? Although I got to admit, it was nice to see it in TP8 as an Ultra. The last couple of TPs weren't bad. Hopefully this is just because it is an introduction so it will be different with round 2. But this does not bode well for the "completely different 2007" way of doing Yugioh cards UDE was talking about. Still, I'lll take what Champion Packs you don't want.
Like you stated, its a Tourney Prize Support, so that means if TO's dont buy them, then its another thing that will be out of reach unless you go eBay, and why get anything other than the Supers? Are you actually going to go after a Threatening Roar from the Champion Pack, or the FET one??

If they gave us Reprints of really hard to get Short Print cards, even if it wasnt the better ones, there would at least be some kind of pattern or "reason" as to why things were the way they are.

DarkLogicianOfCaos said:
... Widespread Ruin from DOD ...

That's precisely the type of card I was expecting. Granted, that particular one they can't reprint since it's a video-game-only promo, but it would have been an IDEAL selection for the set.

I really think it was high time to throw Des Volstgalph into something obtainable as well. Maybe not a 'champion' caliber card, but it would certainly get people into the hobby stores, and let's face it, that's what it's all about in the end.

Are these going to make it into Wal-Mart like the Water/Fire SE pack? That is where they would move the most.

I know it is Hobby League, but Wal-Mart tends to force it's own exceptions....

MightyDingo said:
Are these going to make it into Wal-Mart like the Water/Fire SE pack? That is where they would move the most.

I know it is Hobby League, but Wal-Mart tends to force it's own exceptions....
It's not "Hobby League". These are Tourney Prize Support in place of the discontinued Tournament Packs, which ended with TP8.

I have heard several disappointing reports that Store Owners are selling them (as many people have stated that they have the complete Set already, in less than 50 Packs...), but I dont think that Walmart will be getting these any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back