City of Gaming (An Open Letter from the Administrator)

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings Programs,

After much consideration, I've decided that City of Gamers is going to take a decidedly more focused approach to its theming. We are City of Gamers, and as such, I feel like we need to emphasize the gaming aspect of our forum. So while Yu-Gi-Oh! and TCGs will still be a major, if not primary, part of what we do here. We're going to broaden, while at the same time focus our message onto gaming as a whole. This is something I've always leaned towards anyway, but since I've always tried to enhance the TCG aspects of the site, I've muddled the gaming concepts somewhat. This will be an effort to seal a theme for the City that opens up membership options and discussion possibilities.

Now, with that said, I still have some important TCG related projects I'm working on. They will take time, however, and I'm still a novice at what I'm trying to do. So while that's simmering in the kettle, I think it would benefit CoG to enhance it's gaming thematic. I'll be making some subtle, yet major changes to the forum (as usual) over the next few weeks to do just that. I also will be endeavoring to increase membership, active membership, so that we can see some posting in the forums. As well as get some volunteers to help me with my major projects, articles, card reviews, game reviews, etc.

In addition to all that, we'll be maintaining the one aspect of CoG that has always made it great. A forum for gamers, by gamers. We'll still seek to make this one of the friendliest, reciprocal, useful forums on the internet. We've never tolerated the elite gaming prejudice of other similar forums, and we will continue that tradition.

So if you know any gamers who'd be interested in helping us get off the ground, and you know they hate the typical gaming type forums, send them our way. We'll welcome them with open arms, sharpened swords and sniper cross hairs. In other words, we'll be glad to have them around. Gaming is just a part of who we are. But gaming alone isn't what makes this site great. It's nothing without our members, so please do what you can to bring life and activity back to our outstanding City.

Peace,
-The Jedi

Back