Fantasy Card Review - Traps

StRiKe_NiNjA

Dimension Shift Ninja
Devious as they are, these are your real backup cards when your in a pinch. But have't you wonder what would it be like to have your dream Trap card? Reflection of the Pharoah's Wing, Spell Speed 3 Counter, You can only activate this card when your opponent declares an attack, destroy all monster on your opponent's side of the field. This is a thread basically where you can post your dream Trap Card!

Rules for posting
1. Please, make your effect based around the Yu-Gi-Oh! gameplay, nothing silly. [example1 below]
2. State the cards title, insignia, and effect. [example2 below]

[example1] - Not Acceptable lol

Trap Hole of Humor
[Counter Trap]
You may only activate this card when your opponent summons a monster of 500 attack or higher. Your opponent must stand up and act like he/she fell into a Trap Hole.

[example2]

Winged Stone Fortress accaptable
[Continuous Trap]
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your monster in defense mode on your side of the field are unaffected by Spell cards. Also, monsters in defense mode cannot be destroyed by Monster effects or Trap effects.

This manner of of display would be nice, but as long as your replies are in organized fashion, i dont see any problem with that.

Disclaimer :mad: mad: :mad:
This thread does not reflect, predict, or somehow curse Konami to release these cards one day. That would be dumb, or would it? :D

Annihilating Chakra Beam
Trap Card
Select 1 monster on the field. Pay Life Points equal to the ATK of the selected monster, and destroy it. If "Chakra" is face-up on your side of the field, you can instead pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated by any other card.

Camoflauged Trap Hole
Normal Trap
"When your opponent Normal Summons or Flip Summons a monster with an ATK of 1500 points or more, destroy the monster. This card may be played from your hand."

Jathro said:
Camoflauged Trap Hole
Normal Trap
"When your opponent Normal Summons or Flip Summons a monster with an ATK of 1500 points or more, destroy the monster. This card may be played from your hand."
Oooooooooo, I like that one. It would surely be limited, but man, that's not a half bad nor impractical an effect.

Kobayashi Maru
[Normal Trap]
Pay 500 Life Points. Your opponenent selects an activate's one of the following:
- Your opponent discards his entire hand.
- Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

RULING: "Your opponent" in the card text of this card is refering to the opponent of the controller of "Kobayashi Maru."

Simochi Six-pack

Trap Card

You may activate this card whenever a spell or trap card is activated that includes the effect of increasing a player's (or players') life points. This card's type and effect become that of the targeted card, with the following exceptions:

• Place a "Simochi Token" in each of your open spell/trap zones.
  • After the resolution of the current chain, all Simochi Tokens immediately form a new chain, with each Token's type and effect bieng treated as the Target card's.

Archfiend's Decision of the Dice
[Normal Trap]
Roll a six-sided die. If the results are even, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number rolled x500. If the result are odd, increase your Life Points equal to the number rolled x200.

Metagame of destruction.

normal trap (SS2)
You and your opponent reveal all face down cards on the field and all cards in your respective hands, if any of the cards in your hand or your side of the field have the same name of any of the cards in your opponent's hand or on your opponent's side of the field your opponent must send all copies of that card(s) to the graveyard, for every two cards (rounded down to the nearest multiple of two) sent to the graveyard this way your opponent may send one card in your hand or side of the field to the graveyard.

WOOT!!! DEATH TO THE METAGAME!!!! FINALLY, A REWARD FOR USING SOMETHING DIFFERANT!!! :D :D :D

exiledforcefreak said:
Metagame of destruction.

normal trap (SS2)
You and your opponent reveal all face down cards on the field and all cards in your respective hands, if any of the cards in your hand or your side of the field have the same name of any of the cards in your opponent's hand or on your opponent's side of the field your opponent must send all copies of that card(s) to the graveyard, for every two cards (rounded down to the nearest multiple of two) sent to the graveyard this way your opponent may send one card in your hand or side of the field to the graveyard.
Eh? That's a lot of words there. But I think I get the picture.

And I see that someone stole my idea of "opponent chooses the effect" cards. No worries, though.

Sudden Death
Trap Card
You can only activate this card when you have fewer monsters on the field than your opponent does. Discard your hand and send all cards in your Deck to the Graveyard apart from the bottom two cards. Reduce both player's Life Points to 1. You cannot attack in the same turn that you activate this card.

Why hasn't this been made yet?

Sudden Ambush (I'm really bad at names...)
Normal Trap SS2
Special Summon one Monster Card from your hand. Damage done to your opponent's Life Points by this monster is halved. Remove it from play at end of turn.

How about "Rapid Strike Force"? Or maybe make it for LIGHT monsters only and call it "Charge of the Light Brigade"?

Heavy Load to Bear
Normal Trap
"Activate this card when your opponent discards a card from his/her hand as a cost. Remove that card from play."

Here's one for those who thought they had the game won, then your opponent discards Kuriboh to survive, and wins next turn:

Anti-Kuriboh
[Counter-Trap Card]
You can only activate this card when Kuriboh is sent from the hand to the graveyard to reduce damage to 0. Negate the effect of Kuriboh and double the inflicted damage on your opponent.

-chaosruler

Maruno said:
How about "Rapid Strike Force"? Or maybe make it for LIGHT monsters only and call it "Charge of the Light Brigade"?

That could work!

Charge of the Light Brigade
Normal Trap SS2
You can only activate this card when there is a LIGHT monster on your side of the field. During this turn's Battle Phase, whenever a LIGHT monster on your side of the field is destroyed in battle, you may remove both monsters from play after damage calculation.

Kinda goes with the whole "suicide DDWL" theme.

furryjenny said:
Why hasn't this been made yet?

Sudden Ambush (I'm really bad at names...)
Normal Trap SS2
Special Summon one Monster Card from your hand. Damage done to your opponent's Life Points by this monster is halved. Remove it from play at end of turn.

how about just ambush?

Jathro said:
Camoflauged Trap Hole
Normal Trap

Oh Snap! I'm loving this one! LoL

Excellent! Keep these fantasy reviews coming.

I Enjoy reading these!

Hmmm... I've often wanted something like this set face-down on my side of the field during the Standby Phase ...

-----------------------------------------------
HEART OF THE CARDS
Normal Trap

Pay all but 1 of your Life Points to activate this card. Discard your entire hand to select 1 card from your Deck. The remainder of your Deck as well as all cards in your Graveyard are then removed from play. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated.
------------------------------------------------

For that all-too-often feeling of "if I only had <insert name> in my hand I could win this thing right now".

Special Treatment
Counter Trap
Discard 1 card from your hand. Negate the Special Summon of a monster and remove it from play.

Cyber Slime
Continuous Trap
After this card is activated, it becomes a Monster Card (Machine-Type/WATER/6 Stars/ATK 2300/DEF 2300) and is Special Summoned to your Monster Zone. This card is still treated as a Trap Card, and cannot be offered as a Tribute.

Apocalypse Now
Trap Card
Send all cards on the field and in both player's hands to the Graveyard. Skip your next turn. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated by any other card.

Token Defence
[Continuous Trap]
Select one token on your side of the field. As long as this card remains face-up on the field the selected token cannot change it's Battle Position or be destroyed as a result of battle. (Damage Calculaton is apllied normaly.)

Ok, some more cards that support the monster cards I posted:

Wolves Bane
Trap
Normal
Effect:
This card can only be played when your opponent plays "Wolf Pack". Negate the activation of "Wolf Pack" and destroy it.

Silver Bullet
Trap
Normal
Effect:
This card can only be played when your opponent has a Lycan Monster from any Clan on his/her side of the field. Destroy one Lycan Monster and remove the card from play.

And how about Scapegoats on steroids:
Brick Wall (picture the three little pigs building a brick wall and the wolf coming up the road)
Trap
Text- This card can only be played if you have no monsters on the field and your opponent declares an attack. Summon 5 Brick tokens on your side of the field in defense position (Earth/Rock/ATK 0/DEF 1500). Normal damage calculations are applied. These tokens are destoyed at the end of the turn this card is activated.

And to counter this:

Big Bad's Revenge (picture the big bad wolf with a detonator in his hand and a pile of TNT next to a brick wall)
Counter Trap
Text- This card can only be activated when your opponent plays "Brick Wall". Negate the activation of "Brick Wall" and destroy it.

And one more for the road:
Sphere of Annihilation
Trap
Normal
Text -
Negate the attack of 1 of your opponents Monsters and remove the Monster from play.

Back