Fantasy Card Review - Traps

Overkill
Normal Trap
Activate only when a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by battle with a monster whose ATK is higher by 2000 or more. Inflict 1500 damage to your opponent.

Underworld Synthesis
Normal Trap
For each monster you have removed from play, send 1 monster with the same name from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard.

Gear Mine
Normal Trap
Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from play 1 "Ancient Gear" card in your Graveyard to destroy the attacking monster. If you removed a Monster Card with this effect, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK of the removed from play monster.

Icarus Wind
Normal Trap
Pay 500 Life Points to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field for each Winged Beast-Type monster you control.

Flash Flood
Normal Trap
Until the end of this turn, negate the effect(s) of an active Field Card, the field is treated as "Umi", and WATER monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF.

Speed Break
Normal Trap
Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove 2 counters from each face-up card your opponent controls. Then if there aren't any counters on cards your opponent controls, end the Battle Phase.

Hyper Firewall
Continuous Trap
During the turn you activate this card, negate all Battle Damage that would be dealt to you. When this face-up card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can send each "Hyper Firewall" from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard.

Shield Tag
Normal Trap
Activate only when your opponent declares an attack while you control a face-up Defense Position monster. Special Summon 1 monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position with the same DEF as a face-up Defense Position monster you control.

Spectrum of Evil
Normal Trap
Activate only when your opponent activates a Normal Spell Card. Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of "Dark World" monsters with different names in your Graveyard x 300.

Volcanic Fallout
Normal Trap
Activate only by Tributing 1 "Volcanic" monster. Destroy each face-up monster your opponent controls with equal or less ATK than the Tributed monster.

Transmigration Wave-Motion
Continuous Trap
This card becomes an Equip Card, and equips to 1 Level 12 monster you control. The equipped monster can attack twice during the same Battle Phase, or each monster your opponent controls once each Battle Phase if the equipped monster is "Armitael, Phantasm of Chaos". The equipped monster is the only monster that can attack during its controller's Battle Phase. Pay 1000 Life Points during each your Standby Phases. If you do not, this card is removed from play.

Last edited:
Sure D-Generation X, I'll grant license to fanfic my cards. But afterwards, I expect to see the completed manuscript, and I'd better get credit for inspiring anything you use! By the way, do tell, what's the fanfic's basic outline? (send me a private message if you don't want to spoil it)

Power Mine
Normal Trap
Activate only when an opponent declares an attack when you control the face-up monster w/ the highest ATK. Destroy all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls.

Second Chance

Second Chance
Trap
Activate only when a monster you Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned this turn is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon that monster in face-up Attack Position.

For Turbo Duels...

Gas Shortage
Normal Trap
Remove all Speed Counters from "Speed World". Until the end of this turn, Speed Counters cannot be placed on "Speed World". At the end of this turn, put the same number of Speed Counters removed with this card for each player on "Speed World".

For a Turbo Duel...

U-Turn
Normal Trap
Activate only by removing 3 Speed Counters from "Speed World" when your opponent declares an attack. Change the attack target to another monster your opponent controls, or to your opponent if he or she doesn't control another monster.

Rainbow Highway
Normal Trap
Activate only if 7 or more different Spell Cards that have "Crystal Beast" monsters listed in their text are in your Graveyard. Special Summon 1 "Rainbow Dragon" or "Rainbow Dark Dragon" from your Deck or Graveyard, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

For a Turbo Duel...

5D's, come back already!

Gap Jammer
Counter Trap
Activate only while the difference between the Speed Counters on a "Speed World" you control and a "Speed World" your opponent control is 6 or more. Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card and destroy it.

Skull Mirror
Normal Trap Card
Activate when your opponent Summons a non-Zombie-Type monster. Special Summon from your Graveyard 1 Zombie-Type monster with the same Level as the Summoned monster.

Machiners Overdrive
Normal Trap
When this card is activated, it equips to a face-up "Machiners Force" you control. When a monster equipped with this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. If the equipped monster card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

Back