FienDillie-O: Pulverizing Anvils

Dillie-O

Council of Heroes
Yes, you may have seen this deck in Deck Studio, it was one of my favorite decks I tossed in to give people a starter deck to see some of the features of the program.

Howver! With the dawning of a new ban list, and some other decks I've been working in my head required me to retool the Anvil deck into a new, even more powerful beast. Take the wonderful aspect of face down monsters and merge some control and beatdown deck tactics through the side deck and you get something like this:

Deck Name: FienDillie-O: Pulverizing Anvils
Count: 40

Monsters: 17

Tribute:
Byser Shock
Dark Ruler Ha Des
Inferno Hammer
Mefist the Infernal General x2

Non-Tribute:
Archfiend Soldier x2
Magician of Faith
Mask of Darkness
Mystic Tomato
Night Assailant
Sangan
Shadowslayer x3
Slate Warrior x2

Spells: 14
Book of Moon
Giant Trunade x2
Graceful Charity
Last Will
Metamorphosis
Mystical Space Typhoon
Nobleman of Crossout
Premature Burial
Rush Recklessly x2
Swords of Concealing Light x2
The Puppet Magic of Dark Ruler

Traps: 9
Ceasefire
Divine Wrath
Interdimensional Matter Transporter
Magic Cylinder
Sakuretsu Armor
Spell Shield Type-8
Trap Jammer
Windstorm of Etaqua x2

Side Deck: 15
Ballista of Rampart Smashing
Big Bang Shot x2
Brain Control
Byser Shock
Creature Swap
Dark Jeroid
Dark Necrofear
Goblin Elite Attack Force x2
Inferno Hammer
Ojama Trio
Ring of Destruction
Robbin' Goblin
The Shallow Grave

Fusion Deck: 16
Cyber Twin Dragon x2
Dark Balter the Terrible x2
Dark Blade the Dragon Knight x2
Fiend Skull Dragon x2
Gatling Dragon x2
Ojama King x2
Reaper on the Nightmare x2
Ryu Senshi x2

It still needs some tweaking to be really really fiendish, so I'd love any suggestions/comments you can throw at me. Thanks!

In this upcoming format I wouldn't be afraid to side deck a 3rd Archfiend Soldier, a pair of Axe Of Despair, and a pair of Falling Down.

You could easily side out the 2 Rush Recklessly for Axe Of Despair, a Shadow Slayer for the third Archfiend Soldier, and the Falling Downs can come in for multiple items.

I Must say that 3 Shadowslayer is a bit overkill...
Out with one of those, and in with a Axe of dispair or a Mirror Force...

Also try to make room for a Mystic Swordsman lvl2, Cuz you flip monsters face down VERY often. (Inferno hammer, Consealing swords X2...).

You would also change one Trunade for a heavy storm...

in your side deck i see 2 big bang shots, getting an asura preist in the side deck means BIG damage. (also means game if you hit scapegoat :) )

Oooh, VERY nice insights all. I do like the Archfiend/Axe/Falling Down control angle to stress more, I had been pondering that a lot in the main deck, but splashing just one in doesnt' do it justice. I'll tryt o get an updated deck list out tonight or oever the weekend <ponders evil mayhem /> Thanks again!

Since Snatch Steal is gone and Sorcerer is out, I think you're going to see a lot more (not that there isn't enough now) Creature Swaps being played. You don't want Dark Ruler or Mefiest being used against you, besides giving you the option of taking your opponent's monsters with Falling Down it gives you an option for getting them BACK.

Since you're already playing Rush Recklessly and if you incoperate Axe of Despair into your side deck, you might also want to think about siding Deck Devastation Virus. If you're going to lose a monster with an Axe or if you've pumped up with Rush Recklessly and are going to lose your monster you'll likely regain the card advantage or break even by chaining DDV.

Other side deck options to consider, since you're going the trample route, Roblin Goblin could be killer in this deck.

Alrighty, lots of pondering and thoughts have brought up the following revision:

Deck Name: FienDillie-O: Pulverizing Anvils
Count: 40

Monsters: 18

Tibute:
Byser Shock
Dark Ruler Ha Des
Inferno Hammer
Mefist the Infernal General x2

Non-Tribute:
Archfiend Soldier x2
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Magician of Faith
Mask of Darkness
Mystic Swordsman LV2
Mystic Tomato
Night Assailant
Sangan
Shadowslayer x2
Slate Warrior x2

Spells: 13
Book of Moon
Giant Trunade x2
Graceful Charity
Last Will
Metamorphosis
Mystical Space Typhoon
Nobleman of Crossout
Premature Burial
Rush Recklessly x2
Swords of Concealing Light x2

Traps: 9
Dark Mirror Force
Divine Wrath
Interdimensional Matter Transporter
Mirror Force
Sakuretsu Armor
Solemn Judgment x2
Windstorm of Etaqua x2

Side Deck: 15
Archfiend Soldier
Axe of Despair x2
Big Bang Shot x2
Creature Swap
Dark Necrofear
Deck Devastation Virus
Falling Down x2
Inferno Hammer
Ojama Trio
Ring of Destruction
Robbin' Goblin
The Shallow Grave

Fusion Deck: 16
Cyber Twin Dragon x2
Dark Balter the Terrible x2
Dark Blade the Dragon Knight x2
Fiend Skull Dragon x2
Gatling Dragon x2
Ojama King x2
Reaper on the Nightmare x2
Ryu Senshi x2

It still feels just a smidge off, but I see how focusing a bit more on the defense position issue. I double checed Tragedy and its only when monsters go from face up attack to face up defense, however, I'm thinking good a random change with Dark Mirror Force will really catch my opponent off guard when they think they have their monsters stuck for a turn or two.

Mystic LV2 is going in to take advantage of the face down situation. The side deck is getting severely overhauled for some more control/beat down potential with Axe/Falling Down/Soldier, two recommendations from highly respected folks really are indicators of some fun here.

Its getting close, I can feel it. What do you think?

Back