Force of the Breaker Promo is revealed (Another TCG exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drzero7

More news, and Force of the Breaker have revealed the next promo card. And just like Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, it's another exclusive card that's being released in the USA first rather then Japan OCG.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/manjyoume3/fotb5/fotb-ensp1.jpg

The pic is from manjyoume website.

FOTB-ENSP1 Volcanic Rocket [Super Rare]
Fire/Pyro/Effect/4/1900/1400
When this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Blaze Accelerator" card from your Deck or your Graveyard to your hand.

Blaze Accelerator is "Blaze Cannon".

dmcomet.com

FOTB-JP040
Blaze Cannon
Magic - Continuous
Send a Pyro Type monster with attack strength 500 or less from your hand to Graveyard, destroy a monster on opponent's
field. Your monsters cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.

And for those who don't know, E-Hero Ocean is out for Shounen Jump.

EDIT: Fixed

JUMP-EN013: Elemental Hero Ocean
Water/Warrior/Effect/4/1500/1200

Once per turn, during your Stand-by Phase, you can return 1 "Elemental Hero" or "Destiny Hero" monster from your side of the field or your graveyard to it's owner's hand.

Using it to pick up monsters from your graveyard is the best use. (i.e. Warrior Returning Alive each turn) Of course, being a mere 1500ATK/1200DEF means that it usually won't live long to use it's effect in the first place. But still, if you can keep it on the field, real good. Best monster to pick up with this effect is Elemental Hero - Stratos (I would actually pick up Stratos even if it was on the field to abuse Stratos effect)

More news, and Force of the Breaker have revealed the next promo card. And just like Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, it's another exclusive card that's being released in the USA first rather then Japan OCG.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/manjyoume3/fotb5/fotb-ensp1.jpg

The pic is from manjyoume website.

When this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Blaze Accelerator" card from your Deck or your Graveyard to your hand.

Blaze Accelerator is "Blaze Cannon".

dmcomet.com

FOTB-JP040
Blaze Cannon
Magic - Continuous
Send a Pyro Type monster with attack strength 500 or less from your hand to Graveyard, destroy a monster on opponent's
field. Your monsters cannot attack the turn this effect is activated.

And for those who don't know, E-Hero Ocean is out for Shounen Jump.

(NOTE: Not accurate)

Elemental Hero - Ocean
Water/Warrior/Effect/4/1500/1200

Once per turn during your stand-by phase, you can return a [Elemental Hero] or [Destiny Hero] from your field or from your graveyard to your hand.

Using it to pick up monsters from your graveyard is the best use. (i.e. Warrior Returning Alive each turn) Of course, being a mere 1500ATK/1200DEF means that it usually won't live long to use it's effect in the first place. But still, if you can keep it on the field, real good. Best monster to pick up with this effect is Elemental Hero - Stratos (I would actually pick up Stratos even if it was on the field to abuse Stratos effect)

I'm not sure about this whole Pyro/Volcanic theme. It still seems to be lacking something. I guess time will tell.

As far as Ocean goes, don't forget about adding back a Destiny Hero - Dasher and discarding it again with a Destiny Draw.

Consider monster destruction in Trap form (Sakuretsu, Mirror Force, etc. and even Waboku) to protect your Ocean. I'm giddy with anticipation.

So far, it's volcanic Pyro/burn deck isn't that great, even with that card. (This isn't Grandmaster) Now, Crystal Beast is another issue.

Crystal Beast deck is about card advantage by the use of your S/T zone and simplifing the field and then swarm to death. (By card destruction. Jessie is a moron not using cards like Sakuretsu/Smashing Ground/etc.) Of course, some cards, like Treeborn Frog and Pot of Avarice, DEFINATELY don't fit since alot of your monsters don't hit the grave along with your s/t section getting clogged.

And somehow, there's two topics. Ignore the other one please.

Jathro said:
I'm not sure about this whole Pyro/Volcanic theme. It still seems to be lacking something. I guess time will tell.

As far as Ocean goes, don't forget about adding back a Destiny Hero - Dasher and discarding it again with a Destiny Draw.

Consider monster destruction in Trap form (Sakuretsu, Mirror Force, etc. and even Waboku) to protect your Ocean. I'm giddy with anticipation.

The Destiny Heros and the Elemental Heros seem to be getting more interesting as each set passes by. Makes me want to run a dedicated E-Hero deck but it's too costly.

Akabane said:
The Destiny Heros and the Elemental Heros seem to be getting more interesting as each set passes by. Makes me want to run a dedicated E-Hero deck but it's too costly.

too costly?? really?? are not most available in common and rare now?? even almost all the fusions...

Since it has "Blaze Accelerator" quoted, wouldn't that mean its any card with "Blaze Accelerator" in the name, since the new text given to cards that search with the same name have that too.

E-Hero Stratos for example:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can select and activate 1 of these effects:
- Destroy Spell or Trap Cards on the field up to the number of "Elemental Hero" and "Destiny Hero" monsters you control (not counting this card).
- Select and add 1 "Elemental Hero" or "Destiny Hero" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Um, no.

All names and such have been quoted since the beginning. That's part of the convention. Further, in your example, Stratos has the new "clearer" text (aka the short text form to save on ink). The fact that on Volcanic Rocket they talk about adding 1 "Blaze Accelerator" card means just that... the card named "Blaze Accelerator" and nothing else.

According to the new Shonen Jump, this is incorrect. Volcanic Rocket can add either "Blaze Accelerator" or "Tri-Blaze Accellerator" to your hand.

Well that would seem to fit along with the Grandmaster ruling of total inconsistancy when you look at other cards with the same effect. At this point, probably better to just wait to see what the higher ups have to say.

What are you guys talking about? It's perfectly consistent.

If it was talking about one specific card, it would say something like, "add 1 "Blaze Accelerator" from your Deck to your hand". Note the lack of "card" after the card name.

The rule is, if the card name is followed by a "card" or "monster", then it means any card (or monster) that includes the card name in its own name. If the name is stand-alone, then you search only for that exact card.

Example - The Ancient Gears
Ancient Gear only applies to itself, and NOT cards such as Ancient Gear Beast or Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Chimera.
Ancient Gear Workshop can return any monster with "Ancient Gear" in its name.
Ancient Gear Explosive works with any monster with "Ancient Gear" in its name.
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back