Gemini Mechanics

Dillie-O

Council of Heroes
Hey all,

I've been looking over the Gemini monsters again and had a few question I've had and seen arise that I haven't seen answered in the UDE judges list. I was wondering of some "experienced vets" has any answer about the following:

When I perform a normal summon, do I take the card off the field, or simply declare that I am re-summoning the Gemini monster and allow the opponent to respond with a Forced Back, if desired?

When I perform a normal summon, what happens to any equip cards attached to the monster, say Axe of Despair?

If the Gemini monster is equipped with Premature Burial and re-summoned, does the second part of Premature's effect, is the Gemini monster considered the same monster, and thus destroyed, or a separate monster (due to summoning) and stays on the field.

Can I resummon a Gemini monster from face up defense to face up attack position?

Thanks in advance guys!

Dillie-O said:
Hey all,

I've been looking over the Gemini monsters again and had a few question I've had and seen arise that I haven't seen answered in the UDE judges list. I was wondering of some "experienced vets" has any answer about the following:

When I perform a normal summon, do I take the card off the field, or simply declare that I am re-summoning the Gemini monster and allow the opponent to respond with a Forced Back, if desired?

When I perform a normal summon, what happens to any equip cards attached to the monster, say Axe of Despair?

If the Gemini monster is equipped with Premature Burial and re-summoned, does the second part of Premature's effect, is the Gemini monster considered the same monster, and thus destroyed, or a separate monster (due to summoning) and stays on the field.

Can I resummon a Gemini monster from face up defense to face up attack position?

Thanks in advance guys!
This was posed to some of UDE's personnel and the 'higher' judges at WoW Nats since a SJC was also going on. From what I learned from that, you 'activate' it's effect to 'Normal Summon" the Gemini monster which uses your once per turn normal summon; however, the monster never leavs the field so any/all equipment cards stay attached. I know we had ruled differently at the sneak peaks; however, that is the most current information I know of currently.

Since it is concidered a Normal summon, it falls pray to any card that can activate to a Normal summon.

From the v6 Rulebook:
n Normal Summon (and Tribute Summon)
This is the most common way to Summon a monster. Simply
place a Monster Card from your hand onto the field in faceup
Attack Position. All Normal Monsters, and most Effect
Monsters (unless they have a specific restriction), can be
Summoned in this way.
However, for Monsters that are Level 5 or higher, you must
Tribute at least 1 other monster from your side of the field
before the Normal Summon. This is called a "Tribute Summon".
Monsters that are Level 5 or 6 require 1 Tribute and Monsters
that are Level 7 or higher require 2 Tributes.

Again, since not covered and it's a monster ability that allows it to be normal summoned again (and without trubutes if LV 5+); than I see that you would just activate it's effect to 're' normal summon it if it was in defence mode and it would stay in defence mode.

hehe, thanks Simon. I've been stuck without the UDE forums at work and my quick peek at it from home went over that thread. That clears up plenty now. Thanks guys! Just log this in as another Bone-Head-a-Dillie-O post... 8^D

Back