me:

face down gorgons eye
face down windstorm

opponent (his turn)

summons tribe infecting virus

I activate windstorm, forcing tribe to defence mode
*Chain resolved*

new chain:

opponent discards 1 card, declares machine to destroy my spell canceller w/ tribe infecting virus's effect.

My question:

Could I chain gorgons eye to the activation of def position tribe's effect to negate it?

Any and all help appreciated.

I actually think it WILL. But like chaosruler said, they can just keep discarding cards for no reason other than to have the effect negated.

But, yeah, in my opinion, it will.

Dark Ruler Ha Des

Nocturne said:
opponent (his turn)
summons tribe infecting virus

I activate windstorm, forcing tribe to defence mode
*Chain resolved*
This is jumping the gun too early. First, your opponent has the priority to activate TIV's effect before you can activate anything.

Nocturne said:
opponent discards 1 card, declares machine to destroy my Spell Canceller w/ tribe infecting virus's effect.

My question:

Could I chain gorgons eye to the activation of def position tribe's effect to negate it?

Any and all help appreciated.
Yes, you may chain "Gorgon's Eye" and TIV will be negated. Activation of Ignition Effect is allowed while "Gorgon's Eye"'s effect is Active, but their resolution is negated if that monster is in face-up defense pos when its effect resolves. This is similar to "Skill Drain" effect.

But, if your opponent chains "Book of Moon" to your "Gorgon's Eye", then TIV's effect will still resolves.

Back