[JCP-YGO] My opponent has my Stardust Dragon - who Special Summons it?

This just came up in a game and it was ruled no one could special summon since the owner didn't negate an effect, and the opponent didn't have Stardust in his own graveyard.

Curtis' ruling doesn't seem to follow the text on the card which is: "If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase."

This seems to clearly state that only if "you" negated an effect this way, then you can special summon it, but Curtis acknowledges that it is the opponent who uses its effect. Curtis states that, "If your opponent controls your "Stardust Dragon" and they use its effect, during the End Phase you will Special Summon it from your Graveyard."

Thanks, dd

Interesting. But if Curtis says it works, then it works. We can only assume the wording of the effect is a bit wrong, then.

I've replied to this question in the forum with exactly this point. We should find out shortly what the case is.

If this ruling stands as is, then I think we should petition for a change to D.D. Survivor's effect. Who cares who's side of the field it's on, as long as it ends up in YOUR removed from play zone, right? Stardust's card text states "if YOU negate an effect". The text implies that YOU have to negate the effect of your opponent. It also implies that the card has to be sent by YOU and up in YOUR graveyard to get it's second effect. It doesn't say anything about your opponent. Just another day in the world of Yugioh and the poorly worded texts.

Last edited:
But you said it yourself, HorusMaster, this is poor wording. D.D. Survivor works the way it does, regardless of the wording. As I read it, you want to change how the card works just because the text is shoddy. That, of course, won't be done (unless UDE decides to actually change it but not inform people, as I know has been the case previously).

Back