Mineral Guardians

EmeraldFan

CoG iTrader
Emerald Emperor
MGD-091
9 stars
Light
Warrior/Ritual
Effect: This monster may only be Ritual Summoned by the Ritual spell card "Emerald". You must also offer monsters whose total number of stars equals 9 from your hand or field. Increase this monsters ATK by 500 points for every card with "Emerald" in it's name in your graveyard.
3700/4000

Emerald
MGD-001
Spell
Ritual
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Emerald Emperor". You must also offer monsters whose total level of stars equals 9 from your hand or field.

Emerald Warrior
MGD-055
4 stars
Earth
Warrior
Made completely of emerald diamond, very few have made a mark on this warrior's hard skin.
1900/2400

Emerald Hound
MGD-014
3 stars
Earth
Rock/effect
Effect: When this card is normal summoned or flip summoned, you can add one card with "Emerald" in its card name from your deck to your hand. Your deck is then shuffled.
200/2000

Emerald Armory
MGD-034
Spell
Equip
This card can only be equipped to a monster with "Emerald" in its card name. Increase ATK and DEF of the monster equipped with this card by 700 points. Also, you may offer Life Points equal to the monster's original ATK to allow it to attack your opponent directly.

Last edited:
Ruby Guardian
MGD-032
5 stars
Earth
Warrior/Effect
Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, you may discard one card from your hand to negate one attack from a monster on your opponent's side of the field.
2000/3000

Ruby Swordmaster
MGD-018
4 stars
Earth
Warrior
A warrior encased completely in red diamond with a skill in swords that is unrivaled.
1850/2100

Ruby Warlord
MGD-093
8 stars
Dark
Warrior/Ritual
Effect: This monster can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of the Ritual Spell card "Ruby". You must also offer monsters whose total level equals 8 from your hand or field. Increase the ATK of this monster by 500 points for every monster with "Ruby" in its name in your graveyard.
3500/4500

Ruby
MGD-002
Spell
Ritual
Effect:This card is used to Ritual Summon "Ruby Warlord". You must also offer monsters whose total level equals 8 from your hand or field.

Ruby Owl
MGD-020
3 stars
Earth
Rock/Effect
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, you can add one card with "Ruby" in its name from your deck to your hand. Your deck is then shuffled.
300/2000

Ruby Blade
MGD-041
Spell
Equip
Effect: This card can only be equipped to a monster with "Ruby" in its name. Increase the ATK and DEF of the monster equipped with this card by 600 points. As long as this car is equipped, the monster equipped cannot be destroyed in battle.

Last edited:
Opal
MGD-003
Spell
Ritual
Effect: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Opal King". You must also offer monsters whose total level equals 8 from your hand or field.

Opal King
MGD-092
8 stars
Light
Warrior/Ritual
Effect: This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of the card "Opal". You must also offer monsters whose total level equals 8. Increase the ATK of this monster by 500 points for every card with "Opal" in its name in your graveyard.
3800/4200

Opal Archer
MGD-017
4 stars
Earth
Warrior
Covered with blue diamond, this archer has never missed his target.
1900/2000

Opal Tiger
MGD-022
3 stars
Earth
Rock/Effect
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, you can add one card with "Opal in its name from your deck to your hand. Your deck is then shuffled.
500/2100

Opal Bow
MGD-039
Spell
Equip
This card can only be equipped to a monster with "Opal" in its name. Increase the ATK and DEF of the monster equipped with this card by 800 points. You may discard your entire hand in order for this monster to attack your opponent directly.

Last edited:
Mineral Master
MGD-100
10 stars
Dark
Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect
Emerald Emperor+Opal King+Ruby Warlord
Effect: Send every card with "Emerald", "Ruby" and "Opal" in its name from your graveyard out of play to decrease your opponent's life points by half.
5000/5500

Mineral Battlefield
MGD-071
Spell
Field
Increase the ATK and DEF of every monsters on the field with "Emerald", "Ruby" and "Opal in its name by 500 points.

Last edited:
I think I see where this is going...
I didn't. Well, I did, but I thought he was going more for the anniversary stones. I was waiting for paper and wood. :)

I kind of dig Mineral Master though (ahem, no pun intended). It's kind of like a like an Infinity Gauntlet for Yu-Gi-Oh!

I didn't. Well, I did, but I thought he was going more for the anniversary stones. I was waiting for paper and wood. :)

I kind of dig Mineral Master though (ahem, no pun intended). It's kind of like a like an Infinity Gauntlet for Yu-Gi-Oh!
You know, paper and wood have actually given me ideas. They are, after all, technically minerals. Yes, I can see it now. Mind if I take that idea?

Gold Soldier
MGD-013
3 stars
Earth
Warrior
These mindless drones are encased completely in precious gold. Very few have seen them in battle.
1500/1900

Atomic Number 79
MGD-023
Trap
This card can only be activated if you have at least 1 "Gold Soldier" face-up on your side of the field. Send them to the graveyard to increase your Life Points by 2000 for each monster tributed with this card effect.

Aluminum Charmer
MGD-42
4 stars
Light
Spellcaster/Effect
When this monster is normal summoned successfully, you may fill any remaining Monster Zones you have with Aluminum Tokens(Light/Spellcaster/1 star/500/1000).
1800/1500

Call for Aluminum
MGD43
Spell
Quick-Play
This card may only be activated when there are at least 2 face-up "Aluminum" monsters, including tokens, on your side of the field. Send them all out of play to Skip your opponent's next turn.

Bauxite Ore
MGD-033
Trap
Pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon one "Aluminum" monster from your deck. Your deck is then shuffled.

Aluminum Knight
MGD-011
6 stars
Light
Warrior/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you may add one card with "Aluminum" in its name from your deck to your hand. The deck is then shuffled.
2400/2000

Ammonium Nitrate
MGD-046
Trap
You may only activate this card if you have one face-up "Aluminum Knight" on your side of the field. At the end of the turn this was activated, destroy the "Aluminum Knight" and inflict 2000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. After activation, this card is sent out of play instead of to the Graveyard.

Last edited:
Garnet-Green
MGD-026
Spell
This card cannot be played on the field.

Garnet-Red
MGD-027
Spell

Garnet-Orange
MGD-028
Spell

Garnet-Yellow
MGD-029
Spell

Garnet-Brown
MGD-030
Spell

Granatus
MGD-080
12 stars
Earth
Fiend/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except when you have "Garnet-Brown", "Garnet-Green", "Garnet-Orange", "Garnet-Red, and "Garnet-Yellow" in your hand. Send all "Garnet" cards from your hand out of play and Special Summon this monster in Face-up Attack Mode.
6000/5500

Onyx-Black
MGD-004
4 stars
Dark
Rock
A large stone structure brought to life by an evil sorcerer.
1600/1500

Onyx-White
MGD-005
4 stars
Light
Rock
To defend his territory, a wizard used the Secret Arts to animate minerals.
1200/2000

Crypto Crystalline
MGD-070
6 stars
Earth
Rock/Fusion
Onyx-Black+Onyx-White
2500/2300

Last edited:

Paper Warrior
MGD-009
4 stars
Wind
Warrior/Effect
Any Rock type monsters that battle with this monster are destroyed at the end of the battle phase. When "Umi" is face up on the field, this card is destroyed.
1900/100

Paper Tiger
MGD-31
3 stars
Wind
Beast/Effect
When "Umi" is face-up on the field, this card is destroyed.
1800/1300

Origami Lesson
MGD-075
Trap
Continuous
As long as this card is face-up on the field, no "Paper" monster can be destroyed in battle. Also, they cannot be destroyed by "Umi".

Paper Price Tag
MGD-69
Spell
To activate this card's effect, you must discard every "Paper" card from your hand, deck, field, and graveyard from play. For the rest of the Duel, you no longer have to pay Life Points because of a card effect.

Paper Sparrow
MGD-061
2 stars
Wind
Winged Beast/Effect
This card may attack your opponent's Life Points Directly. When "Umi" is face-up on the field, this card is destroyed.
750/1000

Paper Spider
MGD-033
4 stars
Wind
Insect/Effect
After this card attacks, it is returned to your hand. When "Umi" is face-up on the field, this card is destroyed.
2200/300

Origami Master
MGD-090
7 stars
Wind
Spellcaster/Effect
This card can only be Summoned by tributing 2 "Paper" monsters on your side of the field. For this monster to attack, you must pay 500 Life Points. If "Umi" is face-up on the field, this card is destroyed.
3100/3000

Last edited:
Wood Fighter
MGD-010
4 stars
Earth
Warrior/Effect
When this card is destroyed in battle, you may Special Summon up to 3 Splinter Tokens(Earth/Warrior/500/400). When these tokens are destroyed in battle or by your opponent's card effect, inflict 200 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. When it battles a Pyro type monster, this card is destroyed at the end of the turn.
1900/2300

Splinter
MGD-059
Trap
To activate this card's effect, you must offer 3 "Splinter Tokens" from your side of the field as tributes. Your opponent discards every card in their hand to the graveyard.

Brush Fire
MGD-012
Trap
Send one "Wood" card from the graveyard out of play to return every card in your graveyard, on your field, and in your hand to your deck. Shuffle your deck and draw 6 cards.

Wood Mite
MGD-035
4 stars
Earth
Insect/Effect
Increase this monster's attack by 400 points for every "Wood" card in your graveyard.
1500/2000

Dense Woods
MGD-065
Spell/Field
Increase the ATK and DEF of every monster with "Wood" and "Paper" in their name on the field by 200 points.

Log Bomb
MGD-037
Trap
Send every "Wood" card from your hand out of play. For every card send out of play by this effect, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Wood Shield
MGD-021
Trap
When your opponent targets a "Wood" monster as an attack target, negate the attack

Wood Mole
MGD-016
4 stars
Earth
Beast/Effect
This monster can attack your opponent's life points directly. When this card has attacked twice, send it out of play.
1900/2000

Wood Moth
MGD-019
4 stars
Earth
Winged Beast/Effect
This card cannot be destroyed by monsters below level 6.
1000/1900

Wood Sculpture
MGD-062
6 stars
Earth
Beast/Fusion
[1 Wood monster+1 Wood monster]
2700/3000

Last edited:
Fool's Gold
MGD-025
Spell
When this card is activated, equip it to one face-up level 4 or higher normal monster on your side of the field. At the end phase of the second turn after this card has been activated, destroy this card and the monster equipped to Special Summon "Pyrite the Sly" from your hand.

Pyrite the Sly
MGD-078
8 stars
Earth
Fiend/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Fool's Gold". By sending your entire hand out of play, you may look at your opponent's hand and return up to 3 cards to the deck and shuffle the deck afterward(if you use this effect, this monster cannot declare an attack this turn).
3000/2700

Marcasite the Strong
MGD-015
4 stars
Earth
Spellcaster/Effect
This card may only be Summoned if "Pyrite the Sly" is face-up on your side of the field. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, "Pyrite the Sly" cannot be destroyed as a result of battle.
1500/3000

Bornite the Weak
MGD-006
3 stars
Dark
Rock
Though trained in the Martial Arts, this mineral-based warrior has never defeated a foe.
200/900

Chalcocite the Cowardly
MGD-007
3 stars
Dark
Rock
Born to a great warrior, she would rather run from battle then face an opponent.
500/400

Covellite the Dense
MGD-008
3 stars
Dark
Rock
This mineral covered citizen has never opened a book and refuses to hear any information
400/1000

Chalcopyrite the Brave
MGD-089
9 stars
Dark
Fiend/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand by offering "Bornite the Weak", "Chalcocite the Cowardly", and "Covellite the Dense" when they are face-up on your side of the field. By paying 5000 Life Points, this card may attack your opponent's Life Points directly(After concluding the damage step after activating this effect, this card is destroyed and sent out of play).
4000/3500

Last edited:
I thought this one up when I was watching Iron Man this afternoon:

Gargano the Mountain King
MGD-097
8 stars
Earth
Rock
The legends say that the gods chose one noble man's spirit to animate this entire mountain and rule over the desert lands for all eternity.
3000/4000

Last edited:
I have actually started seeing this as a real set called Mineral Guardians, or MGD. I will now begin numbering the 100 card set. If anyone wishes to contribute, just use a number not used yet.

Sapphire Blade Master
MGD-057
7 stars
Earth
Warrior/Ritual
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect "Corundum". You must also offer monsters whose total level of stars equals 7 from your hand or field as a tribute.
2800/3000

Corundum
MGD-060
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Sapphire Blade Master". You must also offer monsters whose total level of stars equals 7 from your hand or deck as a tribute.

Mineral Horn of Ritual
MGD-024
2 stars
Earth/Fiend
When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, you may add one Ritual Monster with "Emerald", "Ruby", "Opal", or "Sapphire" in its name from your deck to your hand. The deck is then shuffled.
1400/1200

Last edited:
Diamond Defender
MGD-034
8 stars
Light
Spellcaster/Effect
By paying 2000 Life Points, you may special summon this card from your hand in face-up defense position.
2000/4000

Diamond Knight
MGD-050
4 stars
Light
Spellcaster
If this monster attacks your opponent's life points directly, you must skip your next draw phase.
2400/2000

Sonic Wave
MGD-044
Trap
When the control of a monster with "Diamond" in its name switches, destroy all Diamond monsters on the field.

Diamond Burial Master
MGD-082
7 stars
Dark
Spellcaster
When this card is sent directly from your hand to the graveyard by a card effect, you may Special Summoned it in face-up in Attack or Defense position on your side of the field.
2600/3000

Diamond Shield
MGD-066
Equip Spell
Increase the DEF of the monster equipped with this card by 2000 points.

Precious Atom Bomb
MGD-098
Trap
Send every card with "Mineral", "Diamond", "Emerald", "Ruby", "Gold", "Opal", and "Sapphire" in its name from your hand to the graveyard to inflict 200 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for each card sent by this effect.

Last edited:
Blue Eyes Mountain Dragon
MGD-099
9 stars
Light
Dragon/Fusion
[Blue Eyes White Dragon+Gargano the Mountain King]
4000/4000

Mining Facility
MGD-074
Spell
Tribute one monster from your side of the field to look at the top 5 cards of your deck. Add any monsters from them to your hand and return the others to the top of your deck.

Mineral Dive Bomber
MGD-047
3 stars
Earth
Winged Beast
This card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.
900/400

Earth King of the End
MGD-048
10 stars
Dark
Rock
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card only be Tribute Summoned from your hand by offering every monster on your side of the field. You may send your entire deck to the graveyard for this monster to attack your opponent's Life Points directly.
3800/4500

Last edited:
Earth King of the End
MGD-048
10 stars
Dark
Rock
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card only be Tribute Summoned from your hand by offering every monster on your side of the field. You may send your entire deck to the graveyard for this monster to attack your opponent's Life Points directly.
5000/4500
Umm, that would imply you can get away with 1 Tribute. And 5000 ATK for that price is way too much.

Umm, that would imply you can get away with 1 Tribute. And 5000 ATK for that price is way too much.
Well, have you been playing long? Almost every card can have different sides like that. Take Graceful Charity for instance. If that's the only card in your hand and you play it, you end up with 2 more cards in the grave and only one card in your hand. It's just a part of the game. And about the Attack points, I bring your attention to exhibit B with Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. You don't even have to summon one blue eyes to get 4500 ATK points. I think the price for the direct attack is good enough since if you don't kill your opponent with that attack you are dead yourself when your draw phase comes around. So my ruling is NO VIOLATION. Thanks for your concern, though.

Back