Morlocks

Grippingrain20

This is my current build of morlocks. Any suggestions on how to make it better???

4x tommy
3x electric eve
4x tar baby
2x leech
4x healer
1x caliban
4x storm
1x hump
4x marrow
3x callisto
2x ape

4x shrapnel blast
4x bloodhound
3x Bum's Rush
3x Morlock Justice
3x Back against the wall
3x Retribution
2x Special Delivery
3x Flying Kick

3x The Alley

The deck relies on beat and not being stunned back in order to keep your field. Obviously evasion is the key on defense using each characters evasion ability to help against certain decks. The idea is to setup a turn 6 kill utilizing morlock justice and beat cards and if need be using ape's effect on 7 for an auto win. Thoughts???

-all morlock justices
+ a 4th retribution
+ a 4th bum's rush
- caliban
- hump or +2 hump and -3 marrow (you can under drop on 5 with hump and use healer's effect)

- all special delivery (bum's rush already prevets stunning back)
- all flying kicks

use the extra space on more 1 and two drops. your effects key off the number of stunned characters you have, so early drops are important.

you should have 4 tommy, 4 artie, and 4 electric eve.
4 tar baby, 3 leech, and 2 post man sounds right.

I didn't do the math so i don't know how many slots you have left. If you have extra then use the spots for Good samaratin (tommy). If you have to many cards then remember this: I have a friend who contends morlocks likes to under drop on 3 with a 1 and a two drop for use in keying off effects in the l8er turns. I agree with him to an extent, cutting all your 3 drops is not out of the question.

Also, don't forget 4 drop storm gives the characters ajacent to her the morlocks affiliation. you could use white tiger or toxin if you so desired to.

I like the idea of adding more beat. I was also thinking of taking out the special delivery for more beat or perhaps a couple mutant massacres. Ive used Hump on 5 and he works well. The only problem is marrow is still bigger. She has at the minimum been a 12/11. The other downfall I have found to Hump is that he reduces your hand because of his discard. Healer's effect is nice and I am trying to utilize it more. I am going to tinker with a few of the suggestions and see what happens.

hey, remember that physical card in hand you don't need anymore? it's called, recruiting a 10/7 4 drop and making sure your rougue doesn't die with your 3 drop's effect.

also, you can recruit hump turn 4!!! and recruit rouge turn 5.

Your right, marrow is bigger, but you can do alot when you use healer. Like I said, it's simply a option, you can do it or not; pick a direction and stick with it. both are good.

i agree, i think both ways will work. The nice thing about morlocks is their versatility. turns 4 and 5 can be done up in any number of ways and any would be successful.

+2 Massacres
-2 Special Delivery
+1 Bum's Rush
-1 Retribution

Seems to add another aspect to the Morlock deck being able to KO characters now. Im going to playtest this build against all the top MMA decks and if it fairs well, im going to run it at my next PCQ. Any other suggestions???

I use to live in the sewer and upgraded to an alley.... Both aren't places I would suggesting living in....

First, at least in the early game, the massacres aren't going to do you any good. I actually had to remove them.
Second, Hump is only good if you have the init. Other than that, Storm is the primary drop. there isn't another in the evasion build.
Third, who do I need to slap for saying to take out the Morlock Justice? This card is a necessity. you already don't have a single char with flight, you have a couple of chars with range, and now you want to castrate them further by taking out what will help Marrow win it on 5, or if you have evens, Scaleface (yes, I said Scaleface) and Marrow end it on 6? Feel my wrath...*smack*...final thought on this, AUTO INCLUDE.
Fourth, I suggest 4 Storms, only one Hump, tops. He is too much of a liability. max out bum's rush and retribution. Your low chars have no attack. Save these and the justices to end games on either 5 or 6, depending on your init. To go along with that, you might try and get a couple of subterranean sanctuaries to go with you maxed out The Alleys. Some will say use The Hill instead of sanctuary, so test and fit to your style of play.
Fifth, if you are needing help with energy chars, try adding in a phase shift or two. This single card has multiple functions in here. gives your massive attacker flight and range, and is treated as an energy card in hand.
Sixth, if you like, I can include my deck, and you can glean from it if you like.

Back