MySpace Magazine - Who Needs the Real World When You Have MySpace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
We have the scoop on the new Myspace Magazine! Never be alone again! You can now take Myspace to school, to bed or the bathroom with you. Who needs a life when you have Myspace?!

myspacemb1ly0.jpg

http://www.funforwards.com/index.cfm?action=view&id=13197&scid=0

........so......yeah.....

I know it's just a joke.....but.......

Think of it this way. Myspace is in some ways like COG is to us 1000+ members here.....who don't have lives anyways.....hell I'm logged into both right now!

And this is even worse....but.....I'm DEFENITELY leaving that as a comment on a few pages!!!

Akabane said:
My god..

The world is ending.
My thoughts exactly.

I created a MySpace because some insecure girl couldn't live if I didn't rate her pictures. I don't use it. I don't know what people use it for.

What do you actually DO on MySpace? You can't gain levels or attack Life Points. As far as I'm concerned, it is therefore pointless.

I've noticed that a lot of movies, musicians and tv shows are using MySpace as their official websites. Conan O'Brien has a skit on his show where he grabs a few members of the audience and pokes some fun at their MySpace pages. It's pretty much like this "magazine" says. It's for people who have nothing better to do with the Internet, who just want to post stuff, but don't really want to get into web building or dealing with webspace. It's also another way to socialize. I play around with mine somewhat, but I'm not sociable in that kind of way, so I'm not sure what to do with it yet. I have 5 friends. :D

I'll probably figure out a way to make my MySpace yet another venue for pimpin' art work. I just haven't figured it out yet.

My personal favorite on that cover was : "NO TALENT? NO CARE! Become an indie rock sensation overnight!"

I have 5 friends.
www.myspace.com/pssvr

Let's add each other so we can both be more emotionally secure in our social status.
My personal favorite on that cover was : "NO TALENT? NO CARE! Become an indie rock sensation overnight!"
My favorite was, "Exclusive interview with Tom's neighbor's cousin". This is hysterically true, because, of the amazing seven friends I have, one of them is a guy I don't even know. And that's not saying he's someone I've never met in real life. I meant I don't even KNOW who this guy is. :shudder

At least 100 of my friends are people I know personally, then I have about 20 bands.....they leave informational bulletins that you can only recieve by being their friend....lettting you know about upcoming underground concert dates or first to hear about a show and that type of stuff.....and then I have this chick from Cali that I have no idea why I added her....but it has made for some interesting conversations....

Myspace is a social networking site. Used by millions upon millions of people to meet other people with similar interests without leaving the comfort of their own home. Match.com ; True.com ; Friendster.com ; all the same thing. I know I used the wrong punctuation there but you get the idea of what I'm presenting.

Anywho, yes, there are many myspacers who just have nothing better to do than fill out pointless bulletins about random nonsense, or pimp their page just so strangers can compliment them and give them a sense of worth.....but then there are people (like myself) who use it for an easy place to message friends, find friends, and let them know what's going on with you. Bulletins let all your friends know something at the same time, if you post important things in them anyways......

Sorry to those who disagree, but I have to disagree that myspace is pointless. And Jason, search for 20 miles from your zip code for single females.....and you will soon understand the point of myspace. You might actually get a date!!! Miracles happen!! J/K. But seriously.....

What do you actually DO on MySpace? You can't gain levels or attack Life Points. As far as I'm concerned, it is therefore pointless.

WTF man!!! It's called a SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE because you network with people on a non-yugioh level. Consider it a worldwide forum with no real focus except for social interaction. That's all I can say about it right now. I need to check to see if anyone replied to my bulletin about going to see Dane Cook (see, not a pointless BS bulletin).....I'll be back later.

EDIT: And don't pretend you didn't log in today, Jason..... I would have added you except I need your last name (even though if I really tried I could read it in the default pic....I had no idea you knew Taekwondo)

Well, everyone likes their coffee different, and some people just don't like coffee at all. You've won this round, but I'll be back.........hahahahahahaha..........

Jason_C said:
My thoughts exactly.

I created a MySpace because some insecure girl couldn't live if I didn't rate her pictures. I don't use it. I don't know what people use it for.

Word, I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back