New Functionality

The reason I didn't make it case sensitive is because most people don't always capitalize the cards names. If I make it case sensitive all the card names will have to be case sensitive. To me that would be more annoying than usefull.

Here is the run-down on how the Yu-Gi-Oh auto-linking is going to work:

By default the feature will be disabled, if you look in the 'Addition Options' you will see that the 'Disable Yu-Gi-Oh card auto-linking' is checked. If you want to use the feature uncheck it and it will parse you post and add in any links it can find.

Also the following are not longer going to auto-link:

• Ante
  • Umi
  • Zoa
  • Gust
  • Toll
  • Minar
  • Question
Thanks to everyone who left their feedback on how to improve on this feature. And if you guys have any other opinions on how we can improve your experience here please post them.

Right. This just means that if you do actually need to link those cards, you'll have to use the manual method. Overall, I think this is an acceptable compromise for the usefulness of this particular functionality.

Massive kudos to Alex for creating this for us all!

I just have a question. Since the common words (like questions and toll) are excluded already, then why not leave the Auto-linking as default. I think most of the problem is solved already by excluding common words.

If the Auto-linking is set as default, people does not have to go to Advance to check the Auto-linking option. Most of the user don't even bother go to Advance Posting and don't bother looking at the "Additional Options".

It is enabled, it's just disabled as default when originally posting a message but enabled as default when editing. When you post a message you should see a list of 4 options below the text box, each with a tickable box beside it, untick the box for "Disable Yu-Gi-Oh card auto-linking".

I know it was being discussed but there is some crossover issues with autolinking. The vcard function itself, however, does work -- last I checked.

[vcard=DSM-005]Eradicator[/vcard]

Yup. It works.

HTML:
 [vcard=DSM-005]Eradicator[/vcard]

This is awesome. Another one of my suggestion that gets incorporated. This is cool.

Just unfortunately the days of this being around has been and gone, although(if it's possible) it being implemented again might be good.

Have to find out what XeroCreative plans on doing with the Netrep database. If they plan on instituting another API. I wish I had studied more rapidly these last couple of years, so I could have offered to take the helm of Netrep as well. But sadly, it's just beyond my range of knowledge at the moment.

Back