New Functionality

Come on people, Give me feedback....

This is your chance to put your 2 cents in!!!! Anything you want to see changed or added or even removed.....

I'm getting votes but no feedback on what to change to make it better. I am here to make your experience at these forums as pleasant as possible.

some common words like Question are also cards. Perhaps an additional feature like if you put ' in front of the word, it will not be linked? that'll give people options.

eg. 'Question would come out as questi0n and Question would come out with the link.

Also, some cards like Tribe-Infecting Virus .. well not many people put in the -, so its not almost never linked:) Tribe Infecting Virus ... see :D

I'm gonna put my vote in again for it to only link cards that are in "quotes". That would seem to eliminate the majority of the funky wildcard periods(.) or half a user's name being linked to cards (Raigekick), etc..

I have anoter suggestion:
It is very hard to control the Auto Link Generator when you don't want to auto link some words.

For example: I have finished my Deck List post, so I previewed it. I edited it to delete the ycard VBcode on some words that I don't want to have link (like 'Question' and 'ante' in wanted). I disabled the Auto Link Generator and posted it. Now, I need to edit my Deck List post and add new cards. Problem: I want my new cards to be included in the Auto Link Generator, but I don't want to Un-link the word 'question' and 'wanted' again.

I have a suggestion and it might not be the best way to implement this. How about a VBcode for words that we don't want to consider in the Auto Link Generator, like [word]question[/word]. It's just a place holder to be ignored by the Auto Link Generator.

I think this is a great new feature, especially that you can control whether you want it on or off.

Now I'm wishing I never typed an "Underscore" between my username StRiKe_NiNjA lol. Everytime someone would type it, "My Strike Ninja AuToLiNk AttAcK" WoUld activate. :D

the [ycode] over all is bomb, the auto [ycode] is good as well, since we no longer have to write up a long script for just a deck list.

but like people suggested maybe the words should be spoted out in beetween quotations. or a special character that will auto recognize the card.

Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the beginning

test on BLS-e

Merriam websters online dictionary has 559 words that have the letters A-N-T-E in that order, 512 for U-M-I

I think those 2 are too common in words for this feature, and should be ommitted (just like "7")

Some other poplular letter combinations are:
118 for Zoa
94 for Gust
56 for Toll
46 for Minar

I'm kinda changing my mind on the quote thing because not too many people uses quote when they write the card name. So, only selective people will use it. This will greatly eliminate the purpose of this feature because it relies now on people remembering to put quotes around it.

Though, I still have the following suggestions:
  1. The best way to do it is make the search only see the whole word(s). For example, wanted will not be parsed for "Ante" because there is a character before and after the word (non characters will be ok, like quotes) Though the word "question" will still be a problem.
  2. I still like the idea of using [word]question[/word] and don't parse anything that is inside that vBcode.

It's a tough call on how to fix these issues some people don't like the quote idea some people do.

What I'm thinking is going to be the best solution at this point is to disable the feature by default and force the user to check it off before they post thier thread. And possibly removing the card names that are common from the auto-linking feature like (Question, Umi, Ante).

How often do people actually even use these cards in their deck lists anyways.

I don't really like the quote feature myself either. You're right about removing those common card names.. especially Question.. tons of threads in 'rules and regulations' have that word some way or the other :D

Back