Question about Azrael & Batman

Hectzilla

Let's say I have Azrael, Jean Paul Valley and...whatever Batman. They're both on field. Then if I were to bring out Azrael <> Batman, Knightfall, would I have to KO the batman and azrael that are already on the field.

Also, If Azrael <> Batman, Knightfall is on the field, can Batman and Azrael, Jean Paul Valley character cards be discarded to power up Azrael, Jean Paul Valley?

Ugh, that's a mouth full...if I were talkin.

you would have to KO Azrael, Jean Paul Valley. You are considered to control Batman for effects such as Superman's extreme loyalty. You may only discard cards named Azrael to power up Azrael.

-chaosruler

Ah, so...I could have Azrael <> Batman, Knightfall AND Batman, Shadow of the Bat on the field at the same time??

correct, basicaly for the rule for unique is if the name before the <> is the same as somebody else on your side of the board then it gets KO'd and the new one takes its place.

weather it be a older copy or a newer copy itll go to the KO.

just remember the name infront of the <> is what you look.

Anything before the :vs_diamon is the character's Name and is the only thing used when determining Uniqueness. Anything after the :vs_diamon is the character's idenetity and doesn't have any bearing on uniquness.

"You are consider to control..." is a power, as chaosruler mentioned, used soley for satisfying effects that require you to control an a certain character. However, Azreal :vs_diamon Batman's Identity has absolutly nothing to do that effect.

As for power-ups, the requirement is the character card have the same name before the <>. Anything after the <> does not affect whether or not you can power up a character.

So you can discard Batman <> blah blah to power up Batman <> blah blah blah, but not Blah <> Batman. Same with Spider-Man, Superman, Hal Jordan, Bane, etc... They don't even need to be on the same team, they just need to share the same name (before the <>).

However, you cannot discard the location Mogo to power up your character Mogo. Still has to be character cards.

the whole purpose of azriel having the text "you are onsidered to control batman" is so that you can drop azriel on turn 7 and drop superman on turn 8 without actually controlling batman.

the same thing applies to doomstadt + Boris/faces of evil or christoff von doom + Boris/faces of evil

I hope this gives a clearer view of how cards like this work and what purpose they serve :icon_mrgr

P.S. when are we going to get rid of the holiday smilies?

We've had them ever since I petitioned (and pimped) the use of new smileys. They just weren't in the main listing at first. Being that there are some errors, even with my Smileys, I'm presuming they are waiting for the forum upgrade to correct those. Cause my smileys desperatly need to be sorted. Not to mention, no can use the Pot of Greed smileys. :cog_cryin

Back