Rulings for Dimensional Fissure

HorusMaster

Couple of things I'm not about with regard to Dimensional Fissure.

One of the rulings state that cards that are removed while face down are still considered to be removed while face up. However, D.D. Survivor's ruling is that it cannot return unless it was removed while face up.

Does this mean that if Dimensional Fissure is active, you can set D.D. Survivor and have it returned to the field at End Phase?

Also, what effect does Dimensional Fissure have on Future Fusion? Is the effect of Future Fusion sending cards to the graveyard a cost or is it like Polymerization and they just have to be sent that direction?

I've played a D.D. deck for quite some time and I can tell you that D.D.S will not return if removed face-down since it specifically states that it HAS to be FACE-UP on YOUR side of the field when its removed from play. Those are the requirements, which means that D.D.S will NOT return while face-down or on your opponents side of the field.

Also I can't think of any ruling that states that cards that are removed while face-down are still considered to be removed face-up?? I could be mistaken nevertheless though. Just doubting.

As for Future Fusion, I thought that you can still go ahead and activate even though the cards sent will be removed from play. Though I'm not too sure however.

Hope I was able to help you.
Greetz

vanguard said:
I've played a D.D. deck for quite some time and I can tell you that D.D.S will not return if removed face-up since it specifically states that it HAS to be FACE-UP on YOUR side of the field when its removed from play. Those are the requirements, which means that D.D.S will NOT return while face-down or on your opponents side of the field.

I understand that D.D. Survivor has to be face up when removed and that is the requirement.

vanguard said:
Also I can't think of any ruling that states that cards that are removed while face-down are still considered to be removed face-up?? I could be mistaken nevertheless though. Just doubting.

Look at the first ruling listed under Dimensional Fissure and you'll find what I was referring to about face up removal.

You seemed to answer your own question in regards to DD Survivor (that HE has to be face up on your side of the field) otherwise he won't come back.

Remember also that Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos (and the Banishers) just redirect cards going to the Graveyard to being removed from play. No cards are sent to the graveyard "face-down" (hence that ruling you were looking at).

Also, in general, cards removed from play are removed face-up unless otherwise dictated (Lightforce Sword, Different Dimension Capsule. Different Dimension Gate indirectly mentions that too, though the rulings are more specific in that the monster removed from play is removed in the same position as it was on the fied [face-up or face-down] and that doesn't change).

As for Future Fusion, it's like all the other Polymerization based cards. It's part of the effect so they'd just be rfp instead.

densetsu_x said:
You seemed to answer your own question in regards to DD Survivor (that HE has to be face up on your side of the field) otherwise he won't come back.

Remember also that Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos (and the Banishers) just redirect cards going to the Graveyard to being removed from play. No cards are sent to the graveyard "face-down" (hence that ruling you were looking at).

I appreciate the clarification. I wasn't sure if this was a conflict in rulings for Dimensional Fissure and D.D. Survivor.

densetsu_x said:
As for Future Fusion, it's like all the other Polymerization based cards. It's part of the effect so they'd just be rfp instead.

This makes it easier for me to still play my Chimeratech deck along with Power Bond for my Cyber Twin/End without worry going against a Removal deck. Also allows me to summon my monsters next turn with Rfdd.

To add to this, if you set D.D. Survivor in defense position while Macro/D.Fissure is out, and your opponent attacks it, it is flipped up and destroyed, and then removed from the game. But for some reason I'm you still don't get to use his effect in this situation.

Netrep states:
"If "Macro Cosmos" is active on the field and a face-down "D.D. Survivor" on your side of the field is destroyed by battle, its effect will not activate. "D.D. Survivor" needs to be face-up when it is selected as an attack target in order for its effect to activate."

can someone explain to me why this is?

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“D. D. Survivor” needs to be face-up when it is selected as an attack target in order for its effect to activate. That's just the way it is.
[/font]

D.D.Survivor:
When this card is removed from play while face-up on your side of the field, you Special Summon it during the End Phase.

Poison Draw Frog:
When this face-up card on the field is sent to the Graveyard (unless it was attacked while face-down and destroyed as a result of battle), you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

I don't understand why Survivor can't get his effect, is this just an error in text?

This is what I want to know! Telling me "That's just the way it is" doesn't help answer the question. If I want to be a judge some day, I need to know why.

Because Konami Said So. That's all you need to know.

Card text will never be perfect. There will invariably be some cards that say something different to what they actually do. That's why rulings exist. You just have to put up with it and learn the special cases.

Yep Maruno's absolutely correct. D.D.S 's effect simply states itself that it HAS to be FACE-UP on YOUR side of the field when removed from play in order for its effect to activate. There's no special ruling for it, that's just the monster's own ability with it's own requirements needing to be fulfilled. Interms of your question this means that D.D.S has to be already face-up when attacked and removed from play, in order for its effect to activate and have it return in the end-phase.
Hope this clarified it a bit for you.
Greetz

I believe that it's a general rule that, if a monster needs to be destroyed while face-up to get its effect, it does NOT get its effect if it is attacked while face-down and destroyed. It works that way for D.D. Survivor, Poison Draw Frog, and all others with that type of effect.

Oh believe me, I understand that it happens, I just didn't know why.
I use D.D. Survivor in my deck with MC+D.fissure, so I know that he has to be face up. It just doesn't make all that much sense since at the time he is removed from play, he technically is face up.

But I guess there aren't any cards that say "When this face up monster is sent to the graveyard"
Even Fox Fire's effect is written differently:
"During the End Phase of a turn when this face-up card attacked or was attacked and was destroyed by battle, Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. This card cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon."
it makes it more clear in the text that it must be face up when the attack is declaired, and not when it is destroyed in battle.

Which makes sense, since a card can only be destroyed as a result of battle while being face up.

I guess it's harder to find a way to say what they wanted to say.

Thanks for clairifying it for me though. Konami said so.

It is straight forward, the monsters in question have no effect while face down, flipping them up in the damage step doesn't make them activate as they are not flip effect monsters.
If they survive the battle and are later destroyed then they will get the effect.
Also, it has to be on your side to get it's effect, It will come back in the end phase, if all the conditions are met, and will do so even with Skill Drain active.
D.D. Scout Plane isn't so specific, so much less a problem.
Hope this helps a little

Back