1 x Premature Burial

Traps:
1 x Call of the Haunted
3 x Return of the Six Samurai
1 x Swift Samurai Storm
1 x Ultimate Offering
1 x Mirror Force
1 x The Transmigration Prophecy

Hopefully I have the formulae right for this new deck.
There is no Heavy Storm, as I intend to use the Effects of Yaichi and Kamon to shut those down. The use of equips like the Legendary Ebon Stead, and the use of United We Stand and Mage Power to pump up the likes off Yariza to give a big punch when attacking Directly, or Nisashi attacking twice with and attack pump from Fusion Sword and The A. Forces. So to make sure you get the Equips you need there are the Iron Blacksmith's.
This is all totally untested other than at the Sneak Preview, without the aid of Grandmaster and obviously the support cards outside of Strike of Neos.
The key would be to find the right numbers of each. I am very tempted to throw in Inferno Reckless Summon, especially with Return of the Swift Samurai. Marauding Captain is a possibility as well.
I look forward to your thoughts, and also seeing how well a Samurai deck will do in the current Metagame. Shonen Jump, Houston may see some results with this?
How do we get this to a forty card deck and still make it grunty

55 cards is a tad thick, don't ya think? I could see only running 2 of each Samurai since you can search them with Reinforcement of the Army, and some with Shien's Foot Soldier. Very well done in sticking with the theme though: Total Defense Shogun, Tenkabito Shien... nice ;)

Jathro said:
55 cards is a tad thick, don't ya think? I could see only running 2 of each Samurai since you can search them with Reinforcement of the Army, and some with Shien's Foot Soldier. Very well done in sticking with the theme though: Total Defense Shogun, Tenkabito Shien... nice ;)
Yes, it is a high number. 2 of each Samurai could work. That only reduces the count by 5.
Tenkabito serves the purpose of Wildheart, send him in first especially in a gadget/ sakuretsu rich environment.

If your gonna drop cards start with Kamon since he only destries face up magic and trap.Other wise I like it way different than my own.

Zarem said:
If your gonna drop cards start with Kamon since he only destries face up magic and trap.Other wise I like it way different than my own.
It gets there Call of the Haunted and Premature Burial, Royal Decree, Gravity Bind etc.

IMO, in an Six Samurai deck.

Main Deck
3x grandmaster (This is a must IMO)
1~2x Shien (Prefer 2x, for higher rate of draw)
2x Yaichi/Irou/Zanji

1~2x Kamon in SIDEDECK

Forget the rest of the Six Samurai. Foot Soldier isn't worth it IMO cause the only decent card it can search is just Yaichi.

And throw in some Cyber Dragons. And since with that, I might recommend Treeborn Frog, just incase you can't special summon your Cyber/Grandmaster/Shien. (IT CAN happen ya know)

Raistlin Majere said:
It gets there Call of the Haunted and Premature Burial, Royal Decree, Gravity Bind etc.

Yeah but he is second rate to Yaichi wich can destroy set magic of trap face up or down.

Actually, Yaichi can ONLY DESTROY set s/t. (i.e. face-down) But still, most of the time, s/t will be set, not face-up. The only face-up will be continuous s/t, equip spell, or field spell, which are all much more rare compared to normal s/t and quick-play. Seriously, if Yaichi can destroy face-up or face-down s/t, then Kamon is complete trash and not needed in main or sidedeck. (And I would be recommending 3x Yaichi if that was the case.)

The pair of them when activating their effects force the opponent to activate a set Spell or Trap to avoid it being destroyed, if it is a Continuous Trap that is chained then Kamon comes in and gets them. You can stop wave motion cannon, Swords of Revealing light, future fusion any equips, Card Trader and Birthright from the new set. It is a brave new world.

if yaichi targets a set s/t and its chained - it wont destroy the card...dont put all your eggs in one basket - esp with snatch back...

cuzwbd said:
if yaichi targets a set s/t and its chained - it wont destroy the card...dont put all your eggs in one basket - esp with snatch back...
If it can be chained. In this 3x Sakuretsu, (3x Widespread), 1x Mirror Force format, it's likely he can hit one of those.

Zarem said:
Yeah but he is second rate to Yaichi wich can destroy set magic of trap face up or down.

Sorry I miss reads the effect of kamen , I rethought it out and I would run 1 Kamen and 2 Yaichi

Two cards that really help this deck are Command Knight and Marauding Captain.
To do this I am dropping Total Defense Shogun and 2 x Shien's Foot Soldier.
Also adding Creature Swap.

Back