Site Navigation

harvey locust

Split from topic: http://www.cogonline.net/threads.50538

the biggest difficulty I have is finding the new messages. on most other message boards that i visit, if there are new messages in a thread there is a button to take me to the first of the new posts that I haven't read yet. not too big of a problem here, but for ex. in the YGO Card Name Game, I can see that there are new posts, but I only see a way to either jump to the last page, or jump to the last post, but there are usually 3 or 4 that I haven't read. I either have to scroll thru them to find where I left off, or start at the last one and work my way backwards. Not that big of deal, but some what annoying.
It also took me a long time to find that 'new posts' under your last loggin. If there is some way to make that more apparent it maybe helpfull to future newbs like myself.

thanks again for all your guys help and patiance with me!

Last edited by a moderator:
the biggest difficulty I have is finding the new messages. on most other message boards that i visit, if there are new messages in a thread there is a button to take me to the first of the new posts that I haven't read yet. not too big of a problem here, but for ex. in the YGO Card Name Game, I can see that there are new posts, but I only see a way to either jump to the last page, or jump to the last post, but there are usually 3 or 4 that I haven't read. I either have to scroll thru them to find where I left off, or start at the last one and work my way backwards. Not that big of deal, but some what annoying.
It also took me a long time to find that 'new posts' under your last loggin. If there is some way to make that more apparent it maybe helpfull to future newbs like myself.

thanks again for all your guys help and patiance with me!
There is a button to jump to the first new post in a thread. See the little square icon thing (I don't have any references at the moment) that appears next to the thread's title (in a board page, or in the "New Posts" page)? Click that icon, rather than the title, and you'll jump to the first new post. It's not just a symbol to indicate new posts; it'll take you to them as well.

I see why you might be having a problem. It's probably the skin (style) that's throwing you. Just remember that, barring customizations, all vBulletin forums (CoG, Pojo, Realms) are the same, only the style may have altered things somewhat. What your looking for on most forums is this button
firstnew.gif
, which takes you the first unread post in a thread. On our skin, the down arrow looks like this
firstnew.gif
. All the arrows have been replaced with that three-block styling.

Oh, there's also a New Posts link in your toolbar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back