Site Troubleshooting

slither

Alex (1981 - 2008)<br />Slithery When Wet
This past couple of weeks, the site appears to be down every other day, I just want to make sure it's not my PC that's having this problems, or has the site been having some troubles?

I should have also asked what browser your using.

Well, the last 24 hours I made some changes to the forum to address what appears to be something to do with server load. I notice we've not had as much trouble since then. I'm going to maintain things this way for the next few days, so if you notice the site down again, please let me know.

I'm having a bit of trouble with making a new thread (in the "General Discussion (YGO)" section). When I go to post it up, it goes to a blank screen and does nothing. When I go to preview it, the same thing happens. This occurs both in Firefox and in IE. Is it something to do with posting new threads, because I posted this reply just fine?

I also had slither's problem, by the way.

Last edited:
I'm using Firefox, this morning, I've experienced a much quicker loading, I'll keep you posted.

Ive been finding it down a lot the last couple days. Not only that but the feeds dont load in any feed readers either. Im using FF 3 beta 4 btw

I'm not sure if last night was the same issues we've been having. Even so, it might be time for an upgrade.

I was having the same problems with the Site, as well as Ronin and Netrep. I figured if all three were down at the same time, it couldnt be my Browser, but whenever it would come back up, I never saw any complaints posted. Now I know it wasnt just me.

I had noticed the same issues, as well as a couple reports on the RONIN forums about connection issues. Has Alex mentioned anything about some issues with his box?

I have a bit of a different problem with Netrep, the page loads "completely", but the only thing that shows up is both search boxes and nothing else.

Yeah, Netrep is doing the same thing to me to. Alex told me he was doing some maintenance over the weekend, so I'm not surprised, but he didn't mention if or how long things would be wiggy.

I'm having a bit of trouble with making a new thread (in the "General Discussion (YGO)" section). When I go to post it up, it goes to a blank screen and does nothing. When I go to preview it, the same thing happens. This occurs both in Firefox and in IE. Is it something to do with posting new threads, because I posted this reply just fine?
I'm still having problems with this. Any ideas?

I'm at a loss for why that would be the case still. But I do think I'll probably try to get our forum upgraded again within the next week (depending on circumstances) and see if any of our problems follow us there.

Have you tried starting a thread in a different section and then moving it to General Discussion?

That doesn't work. I've tried a few places, and the same blank (white) screen shows up. I can reply to threads just fine, but I can't start one of my own.

I'm getting issues too, I'm wondering if something with the AJAX wen't spooky behind the scenes. I tried both firefox and IE to no avail.

Back