"Skilled Dark Magician" vs "Book of Moon"

Tkwiget

Da Twiggy Man!
"Skilled Dark Magician" vs "Book of Moon"

Ok, this is what my situation is that I've been thinking.

Player A has a face-up Skilled Dark Magician with three Spell Counters on him.

Player B has a Set Book of Moon.

Player A attacks Player B's Life Pointsk and in a response Player B activates Book of Moon.

Does Player A, the Turn Player, have priority to use Skilled Dark Magician's effect?

This was just a ruling I made at a tournament and I say he can if he so chooses too. Thus the Book of Moon would resolve with no target, in a way it would "fizzle."

Can anyone correct me on this ruling if I am incorrect in some way. Also please explain to me the error in which I am wrong so I may inform the parties involved about my error.

Tkwiget said:
So the answer you gave me is this?

"No, Player A cannot activate Skill Dark Magician's effect."

But Player A can activate other cards in a chain to Book of Moon. Thanks. My problem is solved.
It is more like:

"No, Player A cannot activate Skilled Dark Magician's effect because you are in the Battle Phase, and in general ONLY Spell Speed 2 effects can be activated at that time."

Skilled Dark (White) Magician's effect is a Spell Speed 1.

I have a follow up to that match up.

player A controlling Skilled Dark Magician with 3 counters in main phase 1 activated Skilled Dark Magician's effect.

player B responds with Book of Moon targeting Skilled Dark Magician.

The Question will player A special summon Dark Magician?

skilled darks effect is a cost effect and costs are paid at time of activation, but it is spell speed 1 and can be chained to with any higher spell speed.
since cost is paid and skilled dark would not remain on the field after the cost is paid I would think Dark Magician would be special summoned. but I would like a second opinion.

Back