Star Trek Novels, Red Hulks and VS.

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
We went to Winston-Salem (again) today, this time for our first visit with our daughter's pediatric orthopedist. Afterwards we stopped by the Hanes Mall and ate, wandered around for a bit and finally happened upon a Waldenbooks. As per usual, my wife asked me if I wanted anything and I picked up my obligatory copy of Wizard (She wouldn't let me have an issue of King this time. :hrm: ) and I happened to see a Star Trek book called "Resistance" that sounded really nice. (After repairs of the damage inflicted to the Enterprise during Star Trek: Nemesis, Picard begins having dreams and hearing whispers again. Significant, considering the events of the last episode of Voyager. )

But after all that, we go to check out, and I see the usual VS packs sitting on table in front of the counter. Something like $4.99 crosses my view, and as per usual, I dismiss them because they're the usual Marvel Origins/Green Lantern packs that I can get cheaper elsewhere. For some odd reason, I decided to glance just a bit closer. Don't know why. Maybe subconsciously I realized I'd consciencly read the packing wrong. They "Were" $4.99, but they were "Now" .39 cents. :eek:

Sadly, they only had a few packs left. Three packs of Marvel Origins and two packs of Green Lantern Corps. But they also had one Batman and two Fantastic Four Starter Decks for $1.09 each. Needless to say, I cleaned the table out. I'm going to try and hit up some more Waldenbooks in my area tomorrow.

Back