Vice of Rumor - "Vice Dragon"

[cap=""They cancelled Lipstick Jungle? Nooooooooo!""][/cap]

Shriek TCG posted a picture of the TCG version of Vice Dragon yesterday, along with the disclaimer that the image could be a fake, so they couldn't verify if, much less where, it was being released. So naturally, the Yu-Gi-Oh! community's reaction was for their collective heads to explode like a piñata shot at close range with an AK-47.

Of Vice & Men
First off, the meat & potatoes
DDY1-EN001 Vice Dragon
:dark:/5*/Dragon/Effect
ATK:2000 DEF:2400
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, its original ATK and DEF are halved.​
Not terrible, but of course, not a game breaker. And to be honest, who really want's it to be? I can't tell you of the vitriol and venom against this card and/or anyone excited about the prospects of it being released in the TCG on some online venues. You'd think it was suggested we put babies into pies and sell them to the Taliban. But let's be realistic here. Every new release can't be Chaos Emperor Dragon, nor should it have to be on that level for us to be excited about it.

Vicotoryismine!
As best as I can piece together, here's what appears to have happened. User 2003malibu at Pojo posted a thread Thursday asking about the price of a card he says he pulled from Raging Battle Special Edition with the obscure set numbers DDY1-EN001. An ultra rare Victory Dragon. Since there was no prior evidence or word that Konami was planning on releasing VD*, there was suspicion the scan he provided, although rather large, was a fake. More accurately, this is ground zero for when Pojo Yu-Gi-Oh! fan's collective heads pulled a Raiders of the Lost Ark.

[floatl]
vice-dragon-proof-th.png
[/floatl]The figurative dark stuff hit the fan as 2003malibu began posting images and videos of him going so far as to hold the card trying to prove it wasn't a fake, clearly frustrated by one of his first forum experiences at the hands of Pojo's doubting Yugi crowd. The thread was locked, and that, as they say, was that.

Well, okay, that wasn't that. Malibu opened a new thread that went to 400+ posts before it descended to name calling and posts from even more doubters. He put his card up on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money, before the thread was again locked and name calling ensued.

V for Veracity
What I find funny (ironic?) is the immediate, knee-jerk reaction from the community to cry fake with no proof one way or the other. The funny thing about being gullible, is that it works both ways. One can easily dupe themselves. Evidence is required for both belief AND disbelief. The foolish who thought the Titanic couldn't sink, were just as foolish as the people who believed they could survive jumping into the freezing briny.

At this point, we've heard from some other people, some with some standing in the Yugi set, that there have been other Vice Dragon pulls. Evil Fiber Jar confirms that he's seen at least one Vice Dragon with the obscure numbering, purportedly pulled from a Raging Battle Special Edition. The DDY1 likely means Duel Disk Yusei. And it seems way more unlikely that someone would go through so much trouble to fake something that, ultimately, isn't all that highly sought after. I realize kids these days have some serious huevos. But US $1,500.00 for a Photoshop-ed printout isn't just cojones, it's stupid. It looks more and more like Konami goofed and slipped a few forthcoming items into the Raging Battle SE. Or they just wanted to stir the pot a little. The way some are reacting, you'd think 2003malibu claimed he pulled a solid gold Lightsworn Deck from the inside his toilet bowl. Hi-de-ho everyone.

Fake or not, this thing has created quite the buzz, and it's too soon to expect Konami to clear up the confusion any time soon.

*I love calling it that. Yes, I'm ten

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the blogs are reporting that DDY1 stands for Duel Disk Yusei. Don't know where they're getting that info, but they're claiming it as fact. Be nice if they sourced some of this for us.

If anything, 2 Horus and 1 Clear Vice Dragon to SS w/REDMD at any time you need it.

Its definitely worth having.

I am not liking the new Counter Fairy Card: Victoria though.

Back