Water Dragon Deck help

Tiso

Calculative Duelist
I been racking my brain all the time about this Deck and I cannot seem to be satisfied with it. Right now I need help in making it. I want to focus on summoning the parts and Water Dragon itself thanks to inspiration from Serial Spell. I want to focus just on to be able to get the parts on the field long enough to be Bonded with Serial Spell. What cards can help with this?

After playing your deck god knows how many times now, try this, ALO - Level Limit stall/pressure with your 'geddons and use trunades to time a Water Dragon play (with or without Serial Spell). Use united/mage to power up if needed...thats how I felt you should go about it. Use drains if you keep a limit on your opponent's hand or a dustshoot to hurt his chances early and to limit the reaper to mobius backlash.

Judicator said:
After playing your deck god knows how many times now, try this, ALO - Level Limit stall/pressure with your 'geddons and use trunades to time a Water Dragon play (with or without Serial Spell). Use united/mage to power up if needed...thats how I felt you should go about it. Use drains if you keep a limit on your opponent's hand or a dustshoot to hurt his chances early and to limit the reaper to mobius backlash.

Trap Dustshoot? Well my Side Deck as you saw had ALO and Levia, but I am looking for something that gives me a balance of enough Spell or Trap removal or stall until I get Water Dragon out. I think right now in order for me to get where I want with this, Water Dragon is going to have to be summoned upon a field with no Spell or Trap Cards and little to no monsters from my opponent so I can OTK him/her (like Special Hurricane my 2 Water Dragon's in order to all 5 Monster Zones field up).

Yep yep I saw, notice I didn't mention Levia, I meant to use ALO-Limit for field and some pressure, sitting back setting up for the Water Dragon kill won't do anything if they are ready, putting your 'geddons out there with no protection isnt too favorable; now one of the problems with that is your opponents hand builds up so you can use dustshoot to see what he/she has and get something out if it. Basically, you don't want to lose your 'geddons at all while pressuring, cause honestly getting that combo, 2 Waters off of a Serial Spel with an empty backfield is gonna be hard in game 1 and pretty much impossible games 2 and 3 with the opponent sideboard and ontop of that you want the Special Hurricane clincher that turn which makes it more difficult to pull. Basically what I am saying is don't rely too much on that combo, it works occasionaly but not as often as you would like cause the deck would pack so many dead draw possbilities otherwise.

Should I also fall back on ways to Special Summon my Geddons like through The Shallow Grave (I like the one ruling for it with Serial Spell), Premature Burial (because I will be using Giant Trunades), Symbol of Heritage (although I have to use Chain Destruction for that to be of use). I want to focus my Deck mainly on Water Dragon, as in not just use it but know how to play it with its effect. I already got the Special Summon effect worked out, but I want to work in the FIRE and Pyro-Type effect too. Magic Drain probably would be a good fit. What do you think my numbering should be for those cards? I already know at least 2 Gravity Bind, probably 1 Nightmare's Steel Cage, 2 Threatening Roars, 2-3 Magic Drains, 2-3 Trap Dust Shoots.

Not too sure about using Serial Spell.

I DID made a Water Dragon Deck with Fire Swapping. IMO, that's the best way. Give them YOUR Fire Monsters with Creature Swap/Mystic Box and let Water Dragon have it.

But your saying, but then I LOSE a monster. No, that's why in my deck design, I only put UFO Turtle and Fox Fire. When my Water Dragon bust my UFO Turtle gives me another UFO Turtle (For AGAIN, another swap) and Fox Fire when destroyed as a result of battle, it's special summoned on MY side of the field at the end phase. (Which then you can special summon it in defense position.) UFO Turtle can also work as searching my Fox Fire once that runs out.

And you don't HAVE to use UFO Turtle and Fox Fire just for Water Dragon. You can swap them for Hydrogeddon smacking as well. Very flexable. (I swap UFO Turtle. I steal my foe's monsters, let my Hydrogeddon smack UFO Turtle, then I special summon another Hydrogeddon and another UFO Turtle or Fox Fire from my deck so the result is I have 4 monsters on my field.)

Why I decided on swapping my monsters? Cause cards like Scroll of Bewitchment and Lava Golem are literally dead cards until I get Water Dragon on my field. (Which is annoying enough, Especially Oxygeddon is impossible to search) I do have Scroll just in case. (I need a fire monster and Creature Swap/Mystic Box to work) But I did took out Lava Golem in the final revision.

Here's my deck

http://www.cogonline.net/threads.15067

The way you laid out your Deck just does not do it for me, but I liked the idea of swaping FIRE monsters. I could consider that but I have my own ideas on how I am going to use the FIRE and Pyro-Type part of the effect and it involves DNA Surgery, not DNA Transplant. My Deck is going to focused on Water Dragon summon itself, with the other effect as secondary. Summoning Water Dragon, even 2 Water Dragons gives me a lot of room to work with. I was contemplating going with a Different Dimension support with summoning the parts, as in use Chain Destruction to my summons of Oxygeddon, Hydrogeddon. Soul Release them and Dimension Fusion them or even Question them, Serial Spell Question, and hope for the best. Of course I have to dump enough of my hand on the field for this to work out.

You CANNOT use DNA Surgery or DNA Transplant with Water Dragon Deck. What part of this people do NOT understand?

Water Dragon's effect is turning Pyro or FIRE monsters on the field 0 ATK, that includes even to YOUR FIELD as well. Using either DNA Surgery or DNA Transplant will turn your own Water Dragon 0ATK monster, multiple Water Dragons or not. Not just your Water Dragon, but it'll turn all of your other monsters on your field 0ATK as well. So on the field on both your side and your opponent side, you all got nothing but a bunch of 0ATK monsters on the field.... that's not really playing smart... (Even WITH ATK increasing equips, it'll still be 0ATK. Heck, even if you chain Rush Recklessly during Damage step it'll STILL be 0 ATK.)

I am still having problems with the strategy of this Deck. If I use Giant Trunade and Trap Dust Shoot, I would prevent anything going on with DNA Surgery or Transplant combo. I think I am more convinced the answer lies in sealing my opponent's cards, like Xing Zhen Hu and Ground Collapse. Then to stall enough to work on getting my parts out.

Hmm, okay, that could work. (Didn't read that part... I still can't find it) I would have to say if your gunna do that, DNA Transplant + Scroll of Bewitchment . The only prob is that your Water Dragon can die, and then Scroll is busted, and then your re-summon Water Dragon by another H20... and then everybody is 0 ATK again...

And I'm not too sure if Xing Zhen Hu and Ground Collapse can work with Water Dragon. You need some space just in case your Water Dragon dies and thus to bring out 2x Hydrogeddon and 1x Oxygeddon so you don't lose card field advantage.

Yeah, Water Dragon have alot going against it.

Tiso, How is the Water Dragon deck going ? I have a friend who want a Water Dragon deck.. So if you could help me with it?

dont forget magician of faith (or cards with the same effect).

if your wd dies you get 3 gedons back. so if you have the bonding you can summon wd again.

text of bonding-H02

Tribute 2 "Hydrogeddon"s and 1 "Oxygeddon" on your side of the field. Special Summon 1 "Water Dragon" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
des feral imp and maybe dork door could help

Back