WELCOME to City of Gamers 2.0!!

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings all! I know we barely made it under the deadline. But close is better then never. :] I want to apologize if I misled any with my typo. From the start, we were predicting a 48 hour shutdown, not the 24 that I mistakenly posted. There was far too much to fix and too much to optimize after the transfer, not including the transfer of the database itself which is also time consuming. I hope you all can forgive me now that our shiny new forums are ready to go.

Take a look around, there's a lot of new features to look through. Mods, this includes some nifty little moderator features you didn't have before. (HINT: Mods, go back to the Chatterbox main page, click on the title of any thread without clicking the link to the thread itself. I'll wait .... Pretty cool, ain't it?) We've got a new smiley set, which I've yet to complete. A new avatar set and size. Plus some other surprises

Some of the new features are obvious. The arcade is back with new games. The Art Gallery is back with new art. But others may take a while to notice. Take for instance, the multi-quote button that quotes more then one user in your posts. The redirect link to the post quoted. An option to upload images from your hard drive to ImageShack. And much, much more.

I have to also apologize for misleading you a few months ago. I was certain, at the time, that I could easily transfer your existing point scores from the old version to the new. Otherwise, I would not have even bothered with the Poll. But it looks like I will not be able to do that after all. As a consolation, I have awarded all users Credits (which is what our point system is now) in accordance with your level of participation and tenure on our forums. Again, I apologize for the error. This may not be precisely where you were at, but it is the best I can do under the circumstances.

There are still many adjustments to make to the forums. We don't quite have a store for our Credits yet, but we will. Development of many features for Credits is underway by the creators of the system. It's only a matter of time before we implement them. I will also be integrating our Credit system into the arcade to allow for "payed" games that also return Credits upon high score. Another will allow for an upgrade to your account status, like what we had before with Custom User Titles and Custom Avatars. But that will all come in good time. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy what we currently have to offer, which is quite a bit.

In addition to the new face, expect to see some new activity as the Council and I have been in discussions for some months on future enhancements to the City with regard to articles, and potentially ... Podcasting. ;) But you'll have to be patient, and I hope you'll stick with us as work towards that goal.

Once again, welcome to CoG 2.0 everybody! LET THE GAMES BEIGN!

Oh, by the way, Things might be buggy for a while. Please let me or the mods know if you encounter any problems.

hahah.. i didnt see this and posted a thread ..... the site looks awesome.. so many fun things .. announcements, and in general it just has a better feel to it...

ya, Im definitely diggin it.....

My bookmarks! My precious bookmarks! And my 15 trillion points! My 15 trillion points!

Oh, I suppose I'll cope. An interesting-looking place. I'm interested in seeing what happens to it.

Is there something wrong with the avatar function?

I selected my old avatar (The JMP BEWD) and the only thing I get is a link that says "Phantom6's avatar" that leads to my user profile.

Don't tell me I'm going to have to buy my avatar again, It's kind of annoying especially since I lost all but 2,000 of the 50,000+ credits I was given.

That should fix the issues with the JMP/JUMP avatars at least. I'm surprised you could even see an avatar to select since the path was stored incorrectly even in the menu.

Maruno, what do you mean by lost bookmarks? Anything I can help with?

Well, it's just that I'd bookmarked some threads so that whenever a new post was made in them, I got an email notification. I'll just re-bookmark any threads I want, though, so no worries.

Oh, I didn't realize that didn't import too. Dang it. Sorry guys. Bear with us as we figure out what we lost and what we kept.

Ah, I've discovered the New Posts link in the Search menu at the top (Home, Forums, iTrader, etc.). It was a bit annoying having to go back to the Home page each time to click it again.

And is there a way to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post in it?

There should be an option to do that for every thread you post in, in UserCP > Edit Options. Come to think of it, I need to turn mine on.

First off... looks great! Tastes great! Heh, wow, slick look Digi!

Second off... very fast update... I'm impressed...

Only things I was dissapointed in is: No TLM/DR3 for avatars (Where's my Monk Fighter!?!?!, heh) and my iTrader was 9... now 0.

But, all in all, highly seemless transition... I like the new features and think the point allowance is nice even though some of us lost millions. I'm happy with 4k.

Those bots are going to be really annoying with their new posts. 156 new posts in 137 new threads, very mostly the bots.

Can anything be done about it?

That was just the bots playing catch up. Apparently, UDE's RSS allows you to pull all threads that you hadn't pulled prior to setting it up. We received a bunch of threads retroactively. Now they'll only come as often as they post to Judges List. Plus, I had them set to fetch too infrequently, which was causing backlogging.

You may want to note, in hopes of saving you a click each visit, I've set the Recent Threads module on the index to disregard bot posts, and a separate module which only lists UDE postings. Hopefully you'll find that useful.

<snip>
You may want to note, in hopes of saving you a click each visit, I've set the Recent Threads module on the index to disregard bot posts, and a separate module which only lists UDE postings. Hopefully you'll find that useful.

Thanks! We'll find that very useful!

New issue... I went to submit iTrader feedback for a trade and I get a page after clicking "Submit Feedback for..." that tells me I don't have privileges to do that:

vbulletin said:
SoilentG, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I' m not sure what the issue is. There are no permission features related to iTrader. I can't imagine why it would be blocking you.

Could you do me a favor, Soilent? Go to your User CP and click Group Memberships. Join the CoG iTrader group and try submitting feedback again. I want to see if it's maybe a glitch with the iTrader settings.

I' m not sure what the issue is. There are no permission features related to iTrader. I can't imagine why it would be blocking you.

Could you do me a favor, Soilent? Go to your User CP and click Group Memberships. Join the CoG iTrader group and try submitting feedback again. I want to see if it's maybe a glitch with the iTrader settings.

Ha, joining the CoG iTrader group was the key. I didn't do that on the old forums so I didn't know I had to do that... maybe I didn't read the full announcement by EmeraldD. Thanks.

No, you didn't miss anything. We didn't have it before. It's something I started here, but I hadn't finished what I was going to do with it. I created the group as part of a process to force new users to read the Trade Rules before they could post in the trade area. I had no idea it affected iTrader and I still don't know why it would do that. There are no permissions in place yet, that I know of.

Back