Welcome to the rules forum (Read First)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdaniel

While I am not here in any official capacity, I would just like to say I am keeping an eye on this forum and will answer any rules related questions anyone may have.  All I ask is if you are asking a question about a specific card, please quote the card text from Official Card Reference found at http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/op/vs_rules/ Sometimes there have been errata that clarifies how a card was supposed to work and in some cases actually changes the functionality.

Also, check the FAQs at the above link as well.  Please note, the FAQ at this time is NOT updated with new errata, so if a card has been errata'ed or a rule changed, it may not be reflected in the FAQ.  The FAQ is good source for information, but is not the final authority on card interpretation.

Lastly, once we get some posts in here, before posting a new question, take a moment to the other look at the other threads.  More than likely if you have a question on a card, someone else has as well, and your question may have already been answered.

Chad Daniel
Level 2 VS Rules
Level 1 TO
Level 1 Player Management

Re: Welcome to the rules forum

cdaniel said:
Chad Daniel
Level 2 VS Rules
Level 1 TO
Level 1 Player Management

I wasn't aware a Player Management test was available. How did you score that?

I have a question about:

Raven, Daughter of Trigon
Character, Teen Titans, 7
14/14
Flight, Range
Loyalty. Pay 1 endurance -----> Locations and characters target opponent controls cannot ready this turn. Use this power only during the Recovery Phase.

SFGiantsRule said:
I have a question about:

Raven, Daughter of Trigon
Character, Teen Titans, 7
14/14
Flight, Range
Loyalty. Pay 1 endurance -----> Locations and characters target opponent controls cannot ready this turn. Use this power only during the Recovery Phase.

Er, I'm sorry...what's your question?

oops my bad, I meant to ask if you could recover it and activate and have all of your opponents cards stay exhausted.

SFGiantsRule said:
oops my bad, I meant to ask if you could recover it and activate and have all of your opponents cards stay exhausted.

Effects like these can only be used at the start of the recovery phase, before you KO or recover any characters.

alright thanks, I wish these UDE games were more specific, lol, I ended up losing at the last sacramento regionals; due to command knight's stupid wording I didn't call a judge and the ruling turned out to be a lot better I found out later, oh well, too bad....

I know Yu-gi-oh has problems like this, but for VS, everything follows a logical set of rules you can always reference.  I know Rob alredy answered this, but I am going to give a little more detail.

For example, in order to play any effect, you must have priority, and the rules specificy exactly when you get priority.  Here are the rules that relavent to this question.  Pay close atention to 408.2 because that is the one that directly answers your question. 

408.1 As the recovery phase starts, any powers or modifiers that trigger at the start of the recovery phase are added to the chain. Then the primary player gets priority.

408.2 After all players pass on an empty chain, all players must perform the following set of wrap-up actions to end the recovery phase. This is referred to as the "wrap-up." No player gets priority while these actions are taking place or between these actions taking place. Any powers or modifiers that trigger during the wrap-up will be added to the chain at the start of the next turn's
draw phase.

408.2a If at least one player has 1 or more endurance remaining, remove all players with 0 or less endurance from the game; otherwise, remove all players from the game that do not have or share the highest endurance total. When a player is removed from the game, all objects that player owns are removed from the game. Any effects that player controls on the chain are negated by the game rules. Objects that player controls but doesn't own revert to their last controller. Continuous modifiers from objects and effects that player controlled are no longer applicable. If only one player remains in the game, the game is over and that player wins. If more than one player remains, the remaining players play another turn.

408.2b Each player may choose one character he or she controls with the stunned characteristic. The primary player chooses first, and then all remaining players make their choices in clockwise order. Choosing a character is optional. Each player then simultaneously recovers his or her chosen character. Then, each player KO's the remaining characters with the stunned characteristic he or she controls. If a character can't be KO'd and was not chosen, it will remain stunned.  408.2c Each player readies all objects he or she controls.

408.2d Modifiers with the duration "this turn" finish their duration.

408.2e The initiative passes to the person clockwise from the current player with the initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back