Yugioh & Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how many people here under twenty even know who Nell Carter is? :eek:ldeek
LOL! Sorry, DJ. I forgot my probable target audience. :p Necromancer is less privileged.;) I don't think Gimme a Break was run where she came from.

At least the cast of Gimme a Break avoided the curse that befell the Diff'rent Strokes kids. :rolleyes

MightyDingo said:
LOL! Sorry, DJ. I forgot my probable target audience. :p Necromancer is less privileged.;) I don't think Gimme a Break was run where she came from.

At least the cast of Gimme a Break avoided the curse that befell the Diff'rent Strokes kids. :rolleyes
That depends on your point of view:

1741751cr5.jpg

:D

I almost freaked out, I thought I saw Blossom...

Oh wait a minute, it IS Blossom =P

umm yup. Did I miss anything besides Nell Carter's backside? *smurgle
I remember Diffrent Strokes (barely)
that middle-aged little "kid"
Now there's a scary thought. :-:

Well gee, usually I'm the one who spams the females' Intro threads. But I guess now that we're dealing with a 42-year-old, it's DJ's turn to scare her to death and create the impression that we're all insane.
I grudgingly agree with Jason. I have had my hind end handed to me MANY times by a fiend deck. *grumble, grumble, stupid darkworld munsters, whine, whine*
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
:2evil:death::2evil

*returns from lurking around CoG*

I remember that show. actually, i remember all three that were mentioned. not bad for a 22 yr old, with a swiss cheese memory! :p

First off, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to welcome you, Necromancer. I was away from my computer at the time.

Second, I actually WATCH the old tv shows. I've seen Diff'rent Strokes. I think I've even seen an episode or two of Gimme a break.
(I'm only 17, and yet I feel so old now. Sooo ooollddd...)

I understand where you're coming from with the annoying duelists. The young ones in my area (even the one's my age and older) are too young for their own good, and that aren't are all:

(them) "You need [this card]"
(Me) "I don't have [this card] "
(them) "Ill trade it to you."
(Me) "I'm not giving you 2 secret rares for [this card]. BACK OFF!"

Off course, now that I don't bother with them any more, I have no one to play. IMHO, sometimes you just have to ignore their comments and play anyway. It get's annoying after a while yes, but once you start playing (and tuning them out) it's worth it. Especialy when you beat them. Horribly.

So naturally, I don't duel much anymore either.

Fiends Forever!
:2evil:death::2evil

Necromancer said:
I'm not a newcomer to the game, but I am & will always be considered a "noob".
I'm an older, female duelist who runs a Fiend deck & this in itself causes problems.
I don't disrespect others at my "local" for running "cookies" or netdecking off "metagame" but they get really arrogant about it.
They have dissed my deck, age & skills once too often & thus I no longer go to tournaments.
It's not that I can't just "ignore" it, but as a "mature" duelist, I just don't have the time or patience for childish nonsense anymore, irrespective of how much I enjoy the game.
My game has suffered due to this, however. I am in semi-retirement atm, because I cant get no "satisfaction" or friendly advice without being told constantly "Fiends suck & you will never win, here, netdeck this cc" My confidence & self-esteem is at an all-time low. I would like to duel, but I just can't bring myself to do it anymore because of all the "put downs" & "excuses" I used to get if i either won or lost.
So, I am shy & scared now. If only "gg" meant "gg" & not "gg..BUT.."
I don't know any way out of this situation. I would really appreciate all advice here. Thanks in advance.
Lets put it this way, if your game play is suffering then you probably should focus on just what's happening in the game and tune out all insults that are thrown at you. If you happen to lose to that person, extend your hand and offer them a good hand shake. Overwhelm them so much with kindness that their insults no longer have any sort of effect on you. They're just words and you shouldn't really take what they say too seriously. I'm going to assume these players making the comments are at least half your age (also assuming that I read correct of you being 42) or younger. They're kids and kids are immature.

Whether you win or lose your game, you should replay as much of the key points of the match back in your mind. Get psych'd up for your next match and be more careful in your plays. The question that I ask myself is "What card that I can play will give me the most advantage over my opponent?" and if I can't answer that question quickly without using a lot of available resources I make the least risky play and continue to attack with a monster. If they respond to the attack with something like Mirror Force, Sakuretsu Armor, etc. I move to Main Phase 2 and think of what I can use to reduce resource loss during my opponent's turn.

Staying focused on what's happening in your game while maintaining a strong verbal communication to your opponent about your game play attempts is very important.

That's what I do at Constructed tournaments. Maybe some of those ideas could help you improve your game play. For the record, I consider Fiend decks to be a deck type that continuously proves to me how annoying they can be to play against. Notably Dark Ruler Ha Des, Mefist the Infernal General, and Dark Necrofear.

Well, I am way behind this thread but whoever says fiends can't win obviously hasn't read the cards. My favorite playing card in the game is a Fiend Arguably the best card in the game as well and he's way underplayed the fiend fans out there know of whom I speak. That is the DARK RULER HADES gaddzooks what a card. Anyway I am totally biased.

When he hits the field a knowing opponent quivers and thinks to themselves OH CRAP!!!

And as for fun ask dear old Simon aka 'Skey' about the night I discarded 3 Kuribohs in a row to cancel out his attacks. Still makes me Laugh yo.

Your opponent plays Card Destruction and you say thank you. remove three fiends from the graveyard and Special summon Dark Necrofear next turn.

Your opponent attacks your face down card and you say thank you, you just took 500 damage and I get 2 more fiends on the field thanks to Giant Germ's Effect

You play Graceful Charity and discard Night Assailant and Slate Warrior and get back Slate Warrior with Night Assailant's effect.

Oh did I mention Slate Warrior Yikes 1900 attacker that decreases your opponents attack by 500 when they kill it or you set him and next turn you flip him and have a 2400 attacker at no extra charge.

HOLY CRAP FIENDS CAN'T WIN ? Are they serious?

Fiends are so nasty, so over powered and so abuseable they had to rewrite and out and out change rulings just to make it fair.

Dark Necrofear has been one of the most debated cards in yugi-oh in it's prime. Granted the new ruling takes away abit of the abusiveness but still. Give me a well built fiend deck over a cookie cutter, copy everyone else, no imagination, blow field attack, blow the field attack, blow the field attack deck any day of the week.

I'll put my fiend deck up against run of the mill tourney decks and win at least 4 out of ten maybe more.

Bottom line there are lots of themes out there that can win. It just takes knowing how to make them interact.

But Fiends, oh yeah Fiends can win.

side note I'm 32 and I do know who Nell Carter is LOL

Simon, come over and let's play lol all this fiend talk is making me twitch.

my favorite fiend has always been 'HELPOMER' - i'm dissappointed it did not even get a mention.... :)
cuz
another fosil of a duelist...

my favorite fiend has always been 'HELPOMER' - i'm dissappointed it did not even get a mention.... :)
cuz
another fosil of a duelist...

I like Helpoemer as well, the only problemo is that Necrofear does not *I like her more.
Actually, my fave Fiends are a toss up between Dark Necrofear, Summoned Skull & Great Maju Garzett.
I also like Deck Devastation Viruses HEAPS!!

Well, it was suggested to me to lose my Lava Golems & just go with what I like & not what is more "effective"
It was also suggested to me that I try Dark World or Archfiends (*grumbles because non-splashable sub-fiends are definately not my type).

I also get cross when Konami gives us MORE Fiend types (like those new "Horus-type" level Fiends & stuff like Raviel) instead of supporting all the existing & way COOLER FIENDS!!!

Which leads me on to a question that I've been asking myself for ages..If you got 3X Helpoemers in the GY, does your opponent discard 3 cards every standby phase?
*I may make a fun Helpoemer/Mefist deck just for kicks.
Meh..who needs warrior "toolkit"?

*this comes on the back of me trying to make a deck incorporating Marie the Fallen Ones, Chain Energy, Dark Snake Syndromes & Dark Room of Nightmares..
Yes, I am incorrigable. :D

mine is Goldd. I lied, it's a tie between Ryu Kokki, and Goldd.
Except of course, Kokki is a Zombie..ah well time for a DNA Surgery I 'spose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back