Banisher of the Light and DDS

.v e l i u s

I want to say this is obvious that it will not work. But I'm getting people saying otherwise. Please tell me if DDS will be summoned if destroyed while BotL is on the field. I can't find anything on this anywhere.

Text:
If this face-up card on your side of the field is removed from play, this card is Special Summoned to the owner's side of the field during the End Phase.

Rulings:
The effect of "D.D. Survivor" activates during the End Phase if "D.D. Survivor" is currently removed from play. It does NOT activate at the moment he is removed from play. You can chain to this effect.
You can activate "Divine Wrath" against the effect of "D.D. Survivor" when it activates during the End Phase. In this case, "D.D. Survivor" is not actually Special Summoned. "D.D. Survivor" remains removed from play (its effect doesn't activate again).
If "Skill Drain" is active when "D.D. Survivor" is removed from play, it is still Special Summoned because its effect activates during the End Phase while it is removed from play.
If you have no open Monster Card Zones during your End Phase, and "D.D. Survivor" is currently removed from play, he is not Special Summoned.
If "D.D. Survivor" is removed from play, then placed in the Graveyard with "Miracle Dig", he is not Special Summoned.
If "D.D. Survivor" is removed from play with "Dimensionhole", and "D.D. Survivor" is Special Summoned by its effect, the effect of "Dimensionhole" ends (freeing up the "occupied" Monster Card Zone) even though the effect of "Dimensionhole" did not return "D.D. Survivor" to the field.
If "D.D. Survivor" or "D.D. Scout Plane" is removed from play with "Interdimensional Matter Transporter", you can choose whether it is Special Summoned (with its effect) or returned to the field (with "Interdimensional Matter Transporter").
[Re: Cyber Blader] When the opponent has exactly 3 monsters, "Cyber Blader"'s effect only negates the effects of Spell, Trap, and Effect Monster Cards that activate or are active on the field. It will not negate the effect of "Sangan" or "D.D. Survivor".

slither said:
No he won't as he will never be face-up when it gets removed.

Wrong. It is only removed face-down removed from play if the card specifically says so (like with Different Dimension Capsule).

If a f/d DDS is attacked by MS2 whily BotL is on the field, he is f/d destroyed, but face-up removed from play.

Same with Heavy Storm and BotL, all the f/d spell/traps that are destroyed are also face-up removed.

So what? "D.D. Survivor" would be placed in the Out of Play Area face-up, but it MUST BE FACE-UP ON THE FIELD when destroyed in order to come back in the End Phase. Slither is correct, it will not come back because it will never be face-up when destroyed (cards are destroyed on the field before they're sent to the Graveyard/Out of Play Area) by "Mystic Swordsman LV2".

Kyhotae said:
So what? "D.D. Survivor" would be placed in the Out of Play Area face-up, but it MUST BE FACE-UP ON THE FIELD when destroyed in order to come back in the End Phase. Slither is correct, it will not come back because it will never be face-up when destroyed (cards are destroyed on the field before they're sent to the Graveyard/Out of Play Area) by "Mystic Swordsman LV2".

Sorry, didn't read the part that he himself must be face-up ^_^

And I also thought they meant that a f/d card stays f/d when it is removed ^_^

have D.D. Survivor out while BotL is face up on the feild it is a decent move for keeping the feild full of monsters i like it myself
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
!!!

Back