Fantasy !!Breaking News!! City of Gamers Members and Staff Lay Siege to UDE and Konami

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
In an upset that resulted in the loss of more then a dozen interns and at least two sets of car keys (well, more like misplacement. The interns not the car keys.), staff and members of the online gaming forum City of Gamers laid siege to the offices of Upper Deck Entertainment including those of Official UDE Netrep™, Kevin Tewart and several Konami offices in Japan late yesterday afternoon. It is a move so shocking police are saying "What the hell is a net rep?" Indeed.

The offices in both countries are being occupied at the moment solely with City of Gamers forum members and staff. Strangely, no hostages were taken, but several security guards and Konami/UDE representatives were hit over the head with Yu-Gi-Oh tin containers. Conflicting eye witness reports say the containers ominously read "Dark Beginnings" or "Dark Revelations". Police believe this is some kind of ritualistic statement and now have SWAT teams surrounding the American offices. There is currently no word on what action Japanese authorities are planning.

While details are sketchy at the moment, sources say the move was prompted by a series of erroneous and/or confusing rulings laid out by the card game's developers and executives. "It was awful," said an anonymous witness to the scene. "There were all these old guys running around with Spider-Man t-shirts and pot bellies. And there were all these geeky kids with glasses and these big giant bazooka type thingies. I swear to God, I saw a monkey fly out of one!" That witness is currently being treated for post traumatic stress syndrome and checked for possible drug abuse.

At least 3 CoG members were captured in the assault, but none would reveal their real names and none were carrying any form of identification. Referring to himself only as "The Ruler of Chaos" one captured member stated to police "All we wanted was some consistency. All we wanted was clear concise card text. All we wanted was someone who would listen and explain why things were the way they were. But would they listen? Oh no. So we knew it was time to act. We knew it was time to take matters into our own hands!"

Although police say they have no idea what any of the captured members are talking about, a handful of experts we spoke to believe the isolated nature of the Trading Card Game community and the further isolated nature that results from popular online forums resulted in a form of militant cult like behavior. Dr. Heddy Uperarse of the Institute for the Studies of Human Behavioral Sciences and Cross Pop Cultural Influences (ISHBCPCP) says "The cultish and terrorist type nature of these varied age males is apparent in their use of titles. Some even referring to themselves as Judges, Bishops, Generals, Rulers and even Jedi of varying levels. No doubt some even look upon themselves as Juries and Executioners."

"We're dealing with a very deviant form a behavior and the police will need to exercise extreme caution when negotiating with them. They clearly feel a need to take over where they feel their game developers have failed them. Hence the use of monikers that denote rulership or mastery of some kind." Although, Dr Uperarse could not explain why a large number of the City of Gamers assailants were dressed like referees. "I'm not sure. Has anyone checked to see if a lot people who play Yu-Gi-Oh! work at Footlocker?"

As of this printing, no demands have been issued or made public. At least several phone calls have been made from the Upper Deck offices in the US to the Konami offices in Japan and there has been one confirmed report of a large Dominoes Pizza order.

We asked Official UDE Netrep™ Kevin Tewart, who claims he barely escaped the assault with his life, what he thought the motivations were behind this siege of his long time workplace. We expect an answer from him any day now and are keeping a close eye on our email just in case.

Ahh... we can dream:drugged: ...Half feel there should be a separate forum in COG for anti-UDE/Konami rants, might upset Kenjiblade if he logged in though...

>_< I like how I was randomly mentioned in there. xD I was captured though, blast it, it better have been doing something heroic. lmao

-chaosruler

Digital Jedi said:
We asked Official UDE Netrepâ„¢ Kevin Tewart, who claims he barely escaped the assault with his life, what he thought the motivations were behind this siege of his long time workplace. We expect an answer from him any day now and are keeping a close eye on our email just incase.
Just like to add that they'll all be old and grey when that happens! ;)

I like how Chaosruler and Chaos General (and Bishop and you) were thrown in, but I REALLY like how I was thrown in there! THanks for including me, cause we all know I'm the most important... yeah...
*loads monkey cannon*
-pssvr

but how did you know that I was pot bellied and wore spiderman shirts. OMG, your reading my mind, no! get out! Help! Mwahahahhahahahaha!

lolol :))

dANG fUNNY

I'm in dude that's great ,<laffin> as I print the last page of threads.
Good stuff wish I had posted it.
Loved the end about waiting for reply from Kevin LOL

Ah, wow... That was the most entertaining thing that I've read in a while... :teeth: Very nice!

Ahem... Now about this happening... ;)

chaos general said:
Ah, wow... That was the most entertaining thing that I've read in a while... :teeth: Very nice!

Ahem... Now about this happening... ;)
Good idea. Let's see... I'll Supply the monkey cannons, Mr. Danker can recruit people (cause where Danker goes, others follow), Raijinili can watch the enemy, observe their strategies, and concoct a brilliant counter maneurver, you and Tkwiget can catch inconsistancies in the plan...

And I guess Densetsu_X can watch and wish he were here? *misses Mr. Roth*
-pssvr

Lol that was great...but no TDK =o, lol jk....I have to earn my part around here still ^^. I liked it it made my day

:) Hi guys. I was occupied all day and didn't get to check in till just now. LOL I'm glad you all liked it. I wondered if you would catch the subtle references. ;) Everyone got a nod in some shape or form even if it was just refering to "deviant behavior". :D :D Whats more deviant than playing this game? And likeing it? ;) LOL

My daughter wouldn't go to sleep last night so while I hung around waiting for her to get sleepy this "article" happened across my visions. At least now that we have a good predection of what could happen we can iron out the potential flaws.

VIVA LA REVALUCION!....er, any one know a good Monkey Cannon dealer?

what about poor me i can bring the snacks and the rulebooks to throw at employees.0_0 i just thought of something why don't we make this a series? welcome to the land of good rulings biznithes[gta reference].lol

ahhhhhhh....what about my anime otakuness....ah well..ill bring swords, keyblades, gunblades, giant cross guns....the usual anime weaponry....

Be sure to bring at least one guy with spikey hair, and the ability to glow in some fashion while rocks float around his head. It doesn't matter if he can't actually do anything, it just looks intimidating. :D

Also, lets look into the potential of getting a bunch of girls in private school uniforms. They'll be huge distraction.....hmmn...

On second thought, never mind. That can be a double edged distraction. I think thats how chaosruler gets caught. :p

don't forget humungosly large shuriken,rocket launchers,gundams[had to mention it],gun arms,and rule books,don't forget to bring your mc2 cases. lol.

Digital Jedi said:
Be sure to bring at leat one guy with spikey hair, and ther ability to glow in some fashion while rocks float around his head. It doesn't matter if he can't actually do anything, it just looks intimidating. :D

Also, lets look into the potential of getting a bunch of girls in private school uniforms. They'll be huge distraction.....hmmn...

On second thought, never mind. That can be a double edged distraction. I think thats how chaosruler gets caught. :p
what about people who can use the millenium puzzles they gave as trophies[man there huge]

Digital Jedi said:
Be sure to bring at least one guy with spikey hair, and the ability to glow in some fashion while rocks float around his head. It doesn't matter if he can't actually do anything, it just looks intimidating. :D

ahahahaha...why of course...i cant believe i forgot the hot asian chicks with the school uniforms...guys always dig the short skirts...

Back