Create a Card Competition

So, according to you, "seems pointless" means "unhinged"?

Not quite what I had in mind.

Sort of like Bamboo sword seemed pointless at the time it came out, but mixed with things that hadn't come out yet made a Yata? That kind of "seems pointless?"

Zero Point Energy
Equip Spell Card
You can only equip this card to a monster you control. Any damage the Equipped Monster inflicts becomes 0.

Rulings: While the ATK/DEF stays the same, no damage is inflicted to the Monster or Player it Battles. Example: If it is equipped to your Dark Magician and Dark Magician attacks an position Gemini Elf, Gemini Elf is not destroyed by battle, nor does your opponent receive damage. If Dark Magician attacks your opponent directly, the damage equals 0.

Again, it's up to you to interpret what I said. I was just hoping for some cards that looked like they could actually be real cards (i.e. not unhinged/joke cards).

Encoumbered

Continuous Spell

During your End Phase, discard 1 card from your Hand. If you cannot, destroy this card.

Jerk - (Dark)
Warrior/Effect
If your opponent declares an attack, they must select a "Jerk" you control as the attack target.

500 ATK/ 0Def

Well they seemed pointless to me.

It's just struck me that it's been a week. You have until tomorrow to get in any more suggestions.

normal spell
caramel dancing
You can only play this card when it is the only card in you hand draw 1 card then send 1 card from your hand to your deck.

Holey Mole
1 Star Light beast 100 atk 100 def
This legendary mole came from heaven to smite evil as it gains 100 atk for every monster with in your graveyard with mole in it's name.

I'll change my criteria for this round a little bit. "Balance" is replaced by "combo-ability", where the more different uses a card can play, the better.

Spell Card
Mental Draw Power
During the end phase of the turn this card is activated draw 5 cards from your you do not get to look at the cards you draw with this card's effect.Then during your opponents next draw phase put the cards you drew by this card's effect back on top of your deck.
Relevance - 4/5
  • Quite relevant, yes.
Creativity - 4/5
  • Quite interesting. It'd be a bit difficult to decide which exact cards you need to return (not to mention 7 card hand limit makes things complicated).
Formatting - 3/5
  • Presumably the cards are drawn from your Deck. And as mentioned, a few niggling problems arise from this wording.
Elegance - 4/5
  • I can see what it does.
Combo-ability - 4/5
  • The inability to look at the drawn cards is, frankly, perplexing (given they've been "drawn" as opposed to "put aside"). But with them in your hand during your Draw Phase (note you can get the cards at any point to then do things with for the rest of the turn), there's good potential.
Total - 19/25

Redundant Magician
4*
0 atk
0 def
Dark
Spellcaster

When you summon this card, return it to your deck. The deck is then shuffled.
Relevance - 3/5
  • I dunno, it seems to exist more for the sake of being contrary than being a card. This feels like overspill from the "unhinged" thread next-door.
Creativity - 3/5
  • Monster and a Summon-based effect. Quite obvious. But points for returning to the Deck instead of the hand, though.
Formatting - 4.5/5
  • Capitalisation missing. It's not worth a whole point off, though.
Elegance - 5/5
  • Who couldn't see how this works?
Combo-ability - 5/5
  • By itself, a Deck shuffler and "Summon response" platform. And I'm sure there's plenty of combos out there.
Total - 20.5/25

Card of Safe Crisis
Continuous Trap

All cards in your hand, deck and graveyard are now monsters. If you control a monster, destroy this card.
Relevance - 4/5
  • This can't possibly be used by itself. Slight hint of unhinged.
Creativity - 5/5
  • It's certainly creative.
Formatting - 4/5
  • Missing capitalisation, and possible lack of important information.
Elegance - 4/5
  • Easy peasy, although there's probably some missing details.
Combo-ability - 3/5
  • I "Monster Reborn" a "Torrential Tribute", and "Card of Safe Crisis" is destroyed. Erm... This might actually be a case of combos breaking the card (what happens to TT?).
Total - 20/25

Quick play spell card
You Are A pirate
Say to your opponent.
Yar har fiddle dede if you love the seven seas you are a pirate.
Relevance - 1/5
  • If I wanted unhinged, I'd've asked for it. One point because interpretations may vary, but still...
Creativity - 5/5
  • Well, yes. Quite.
Formatting - ?/5
  • Inventing your own terminology, while creative, makes it difficult to rate.
Elegance - 5/5
  • I can see what you do there.
Combo-ability - 1/5
  • I suppose you can burn this Spell Card to get it into the Graveyard to do... something. It's mainly a stand-alone card, though, which doesn't work when looking for combos.
Total - 12+?/25

You may have noticed I'm humouring you by reviewing this.

Zero Point Energy
Equip Spell Card
You can only equip this card to a monster you control. Any damage the Equipped Monster inflicts becomes 0.

Rulings: While the ATK/DEF stays the same, no damage is inflicted to the Monster or Player it Battles. Example: If it is equipped to your Dark Magician and Dark Magician attacks an position Gemini Elf, Gemini Elf is not destroyed by battle, nor does your opponent receive damage. If Dark Magician attacks your opponent directly, the damage equals 0.
Relevance - 4/5
  • Certainly relevant.
Creativity - 2/5
  • As you mentioned, inspired by "Broken Bamboo Sword". Points go down.
Formatting - 5/5
  • Yep.
Elegance - 4/5
  • There's slight confusion with whether it can destroy monsters, but your ruling explains it (still, writing it on the card would be better - "the equipped monster cannot destroy anything by battle and the battle damage it inflicts to a player becomes 0").
Combo-ability - 5/5
  • A range of support cards come in here, clearly. If there wasn't that stipulation that you can only use it on your own monsters, it'd be a great card by itself, which ruins its combo-ability.
Total - 20/25

Encoumbered

Continuous Spell

During your End Phase, discard 1 card from your Hand. If you cannot, destroy this card.
Relevance - 5/5
  • A perfectly feasible card that doesn't do you any favours on its own.
Creativity - 4/5
  • Quite high, actually.
Formatting - 4/5
  • "Encumbered" is spelled incorrectly, and there doesn't need to be a "from your hand".
Elegance - 5/5
  • But of course.
Combo-ability - 4/5
  • Yes indeed. There's "Dark World", for one. "Manticore of Darkness" for another. I'm sure the list goes on.
Total - 22/25

Jerk - (Dark)
Warrior/Effect
If your opponent declares an attack, they must select a "Jerk" you control as the attack target.

500 ATK/ 0Def
Relevance - 0/5
  • Aside from the unlikely name, this is a more powerful "Decoyroid" (it protects face-downs as well).
Creativity - 2/5
  • Not as such, no.
Formatting - 5/5
  • I can't fault you on the phrasing, at least.
Elegance - 5/5
  • No comment.
Combo-ability - 2/5
  • Its main purpose, certainly, is to protect other monsters from battle, but that's not really a combo, is it? It's support.
Total - 14/25

normal spell
caramel dancing
You can only play this card when it is the only card in you hand draw 1 card then send 1 card from your hand to your deck.
Relevance - 4/5
  • Yes, relevant. It appears to do nothing (but there's a game mechanic about that...).
Creativity - 4/5
  • Okay, creative.
Formatting - 4/5
  • I'll assume it's not "Caramelldansen" to avoid legal problems.
Elegance - 5/5
  • All the cards in this round are scoring highly here.
Combo-ability - 2/5
  • It's hard to see, frankly. Maybe a couple of cards that care about cards returning to the Deck, but that's about all I can think of.
Total - 19/25

Incidentally, this is your third (and below, your fourth) entry this round. I remember 2 being the limit. These last two wouldn't count anyway.

Holey Mole
1 Star Light beast 100 atk 100 def
This legendary mole came from heaven to smite evil as it gains 100 atk for every monster with in your graveyard with mole in it's name.
Relevance - 1/5
  • Erm... Umm... What? I'll assume this card is a Normal Monster, because their descriptions can say anything. With this assumption, you're not going to be scoring well here.
Creativity - 2/5
  • A misleading description is creative, but it's only as creative as making any Effect Monster without also thinking up an effect for it (i.e. not creative).
Formatting - 3/5
  • Hard to score in the first place, but there's a few errors.
Elegance - 0/5
  • The card does nothing, so there's nothing to score.
Combo-ability - 2/5
  • Only as much as for any other Normal Monster.
Total - 8/25

bobandjim, you're up.

Sweetness!

Alright, well my friend says that spellcasters are going to be the new best thing ever. I want you to create 1-2 cards that essentially make the spellcaster player say," Damn, I wish I was running (insert any tier 1.5 deck here). Your card must punish spellcasters to the point where they have absolutly no hope of winning. Remember spellcaster decks can go a couple of different ways so take that into consideration.

Grading

creativity /10 (this is a create a card competition after all)
hate/10 (Your card will nuke spellcasters back to the stone age)
wording/5
elegance/5

balance is not an issue here because the card only affects one type, so it is now the hate category for this competition. However no cards that directly say, "if your opponent controls a spellcaster you win."

Burn The Witch
Trap Card
Tribute 1 Pyro type monster or fire attribute monster to destroy all spellcaster type monsters and spell cards on the opponents side of the field and in there hand. Then for a number of turns equal to the level of the tributed monster your opponent must show you any cards they draw or add to there hand if it is a spellcaster type monster or a spell card it is sent to the graveyard every time a card is sent to the graveyard by this cards effect do 200 points of damge to the opponents life points.

The Age Of Science
Field Spell
All Spellcaster type monster effects are negated.
When ever a spell or trap card is played you can disard 1 card from your hand to nagete the activation and effect of that card. If you discard a physic or a machine type monster for this cards effect you can draw 1 card from your deck.

Spell Pressure
Continuous Trap Card
You can only activate this card as Chain Link 1. While this card is face-up on the field, both players must discard 1 Spell Card when they Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster from their hand. Neither player can Summon Spellcaster-Type monsters from the Graveyard.

Bad Reaction to Magic
Effect Monster (Spellcaster / DARK / 4* / ATK 200 / DEF 600)
FLIP: Put 1 Spell Counter on each face-up Spellcaster-Type monster on the field. When this card is removed from the field, destroy all monsters on the field with a Spell Counter(s) on them, and each player takes 200 damage for each Spell Counter removed from their side of the field.

The good thing about the second card is that it's most likely the opponent who'll be attacking/destroying it, which means they wind up destroying themselves. Insert evil laughter here.

i can't edit your post Maruno so here is an evil laugh

:evil:WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WAHAHAHAHAHA WAHAHAHAHA
"cough cough" ouch my throat:crying:

Well it seems to me that we've gotten just about all the posts that we are gonna get so judging time.

creativity /10 (this is a create a card competition after all)
hate/10 (Your card will nuke spellcasters back to the stone age)
wording/5
elegance/5

Jinzo 64

Burn The Witch
Trap Card
Tribute 1 Pyro type monster or fire attribute monster to destroy all spellcaster type monsters and spell cards on the opponents side of the field and in there hand. Then for a number of turns equal to the level of the tributed monster your opponent must show you any cards they draw or add to there hand if it is a spellcaster type monster or a spell card it is sent to the graveyard every time a card is sent to the graveyard by this cards effect do 200 points of damge to the opponents life points.

creativity 6/10 (Good concept I like the idea of burning like in the old witch hunts, but its CCV for pyros)
hate 7/10 (Make a comeback on the part of the spellcaster player pretty much zero, but it hurts any deck because it also hits spell cards)
wording 3/5 (missing capitals, misspellings)
elegance 4/5 (a bit wordy, but not bad)

The Age Of Science
Field Spell
All Spellcaster type monster effects are negated.
When ever a spell or trap card is played you can disard 1 card from your hand to nagete the activation and effect of that card. If you discard a physic or a machine type monster for this cards effect you can draw 1 card from your deck.

creativity 8/10 (skill drain + royal oppression why is this a field spell exactly?)
hate4/10 (stopping all their effects is good, but the second effect is useful against any deck.)
wording3/5 (again spell check is your friend)
elegance5/5 (fine)

Spell Pressure
Continuous Trap Card
You can only activate this card as Chain Link 1. While this card is face-up on the field, both players must discard 1 Spell Card when they Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster from their hand. Neither player can Summon Spellcaster-Type monsters from the Graveyard.

creativity 9/10 (Not groundbreaking, but certainly unlike anything I can think of)
hate8/10 (Not many ways around this one, and will pose a major roadblock against spellcasters)
wording5/5 (You’ve done this before)
elegance5/5

Bad Reaction to Magic
Effect Monster (Spellcaster / DARK / / ATK 200 / DEF 600)
FLIP: Put 1 Spell Counter on each face-up Spellcaster-Type monster on the field. When this card is removed from the field, destroy all monsters on the field with a Spell Counter(s) on them, and each player takes 200 damage for each Spell Counter removed from their side of the field.

creativity 8/10 (I love the reference to the other bad reaction card, I’m not sure if it could work though. I think you can only put spell counters on cards whose effects allow it.)
hate7/10 (you can ram it into another monster to inflict massive damage, and there is no way around it really other than using up all your counters)
wording5/5 (again spell check is your friend)
elegance5/5 (fine)

So I guess Maruno has it

Remember all those old cards that were supposed to be your ultimate nightmare? Remember how they were actually rubbish? Gate Guardian, Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, and so forth. Your goal is to create a card that makes these old cards much better, but not by replacing them. Your card needs to support the existing card in some way.

I don't anticipate much variety of effects here, but if you can surprise me then you're almost guaranteed to win.

Red-Eyes Black Metal Armor
[trap]
If a "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" on your side of the field is attacked or attacks, increase the attack of all "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon"s on your side of the field by an amount equal to the attacking/attacked monsters original attack.

Used 'original attack' and normal [trap] to make it a bit weak.

Gateway to the Inner Circle
Trap Card

Tribute 1 "Gate Gaurdian" you control. Destroy every card on your opponents side of the field. Special Summon as many of any monster mentioned in the card text of "Gate Gaurdian" from your Graveyard.

Lightswrorns Release Of Power
Continuos Spell Sard
If a Monster that states in it's Card text that this monster can not be normal summoned, set or special summoned except by a certain condition is sent from the top of the deck to the graveyard by the effect of a lightsworn monster, You can pay 2000 life points to special summmon that monster from your graveyard to your side of the field during your next stand by phase ignoring the summoning conditions. The monster summoned by this effect can not attack or use any of it's effects till your next turn.

Bring On The Trumpets
Trap Card
If you would lose the duel this turn by a direct attack during the battle phase only you can pay 2000 life points to activate this card to special summon either 1 gate guardian, 1 perfectly ultimate great moth, 1 valkyrion the magna, 1 dark sage, 1 blues eyes shining dragon or 1 sorcerer of dark magic from your deck to your side of the field in face up attack position ignoring the summoning conditions.

Battle Cry
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate this card in main phase 1 of your turn.
During your opponents next battle phase they conduct you can life points equal to the level of a monster in your hand x 300 to special summon that monster to the field ignoring any summoning conditions.
(this effect can not be used to summon Judgement dragon or Dark Armed Dragon)

Last edited:
I was expecting a bunch of "easy Summon" cards that would just get the monsters out easier, and there are a couple of those offered. But there were other effects out there too, and the "easy Summon" cards weren't generic, so I was surprised.

Note that support =/= combo. This is relevant for bobandjim's entry, but it's good to bear in mind anyway.

Red-Eyes Black Metal Armor
[trap]
If a "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" on your side of the field is attacked or attacks, increase the attack of all "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon"s on your side of the field by an amount equal to the attacking/attacked monsters original attack.
Relevance - 4/5
  • Does what I asked.
Creativity - 2/5
  • While an upgraded "Metalmorph" for this card is logical, it's not really creative, is it? At least (apparently) it doesn't lose the ATK after the battle, and all the R-EBMDs get boosted by it.
Formatting - 3/5
  • Could be better ("ATK", not "attack", for example)
Elegance - 4/5
  • I can see what it does.
Balance - 4/5
  • Seems a little on the weak side, actually.
Total - 17/25

Gateway to the Inner Circle
Trap Card

Tribute 1 "Gate Gaurdian" you control. Destroy every card on your opponents side of the field. Special Summon as many of any monster mentioned in the card text of "Gate Gaurdian" from your Graveyard.
Relevance - 3/5
  • Yes, but how does the "Gate Guardian" benefit from it? It's not really support, I think.
Creativity - 4/5
  • A "De-Fusion" for "Gate Guardian" was rather unexpected. Not sure how you could get 3 "Sanga of the Thunder" from one "Gate Guardian", though.
Formatting - 4/5
  • Nearly there. "As possible"?
Elegance - 5/5
  • It's simple and clean.
Balance - 4/5
  • There's better cards than this around, and all preferable when you consider how difficult it is to get "Gate Guardian" out. A good card, but I still think it's a little on the weak side.
Total - 20/25

Lightswrorns Release Of Power
Continuos Spell Sard
If a Monster that states in it's Card text that this monster can not be normal summoned, set or special summoned except by a certain condition is sent from the top of the deck to the graveyard by the effect of a lightsworn monster, You can pay 2000 life points to special summmon that monster from your graveyard to your side of the field during your next stand by phase ignoring the summoning conditions. The monster summoned by this effect can not attack or use any of it's effects till your next turn.
Relevance - 5/5
  • That's the stuff.
Creativity - 5/5
  • I was expecting "easy Summon" cards to help these cards, but you've still managed to be interesting by throwing the Lightsworn series in there.
Formatting - 3/5
  • Could be better.
Elegance - 2/5
  • That's one large amount of "I can't see what's going on" there.
Balance - 4/5
  • It's all good stuff, except for the randomness of having this card (along with some completely unrelated-to-Lightsworn and otherwise useless monsters) in a Lightsworn Deck.
Total - 19/25

Bring On The Trumpets
Trap Card
If you would lose the duel this turn by a direct attack during the battle phase only you can pay 2000 life points to activate this card to special summon either 1 gate guardian, 1 perfectly ultimate great moth, 1 valkyrion the magna, 1 dark sage, 1 blues eyes shining dragon or 1 sorcerer of dark magic from your deck to your side of the field in face up attack position ignoring the summoning conditions.
Relevance - 5/5
  • Erm, yes.
Creativity - 4/5
  • It was going to be 3 for being an expected "easy Summon" card, but it gains a point for how it works.
Formatting - 3/5
  • Could be better.
Elegance - 5/5
  • I can see what's happening...
Balance - 4/5
  • Could've been a bit more specific and not gone for a random selection of cards. But the "I need to be taking >2000 Life Points damage and be killed" stipulation works.
Total - 21/25

Battle Cry
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate this card in main phase 1 of your turn.
During your opponents next battle phase they conduct you can life points equal to the level of a monster in your hand x 300 to special summon that monster to the field ignoring any summoning conditions.
(this effect can not be used to summon Judgement dragon or Dark Armed Dragon)
Relevance - 2/5
  • This can be used for any monster, so it's not what I asked for.
Creativity - 4/5
  • Obvious "Summon any" effect, but an interesting way to go about it.
Formatting - 3/5
  • Seems you just can't get your head around, say, capitalising "Life Points".
Elegance - 4/5
  • Quite good.
Balance - 2/5
  • You can get any monster you want out by paying very few Life Points (3000 maximum, which is very tolerable), plus Summoning conditions are ignored. Ouch, way too good.
Total - 15/25

jizo64, it's your turn.

dam my grammer and formatting but it is my go again.
so yippie.

I know what i want you design for cards based on the popular yugioh anime series:?:

No wait thats not right erm i meant design yugioh cards based on the popular franchise known as the legend of zelda.

You may use characters from

ocarina of time

majoras mask

and wind waker

Have fun:D

this isn't going to work as well as i had hoped is it?

the people NO

i'll change my criteria or we'll be here forever.

with the world the way it is the new criteria is cards to based on penguins,turtles,hedgehogs,hamsters and terrriors.

hope that makes things easier.

poor poor legend of zelda:crying:

and poor poor maruno for not playing them and missing out on ocarina of time:crying::crying:

Back