FienDillie-O: Fiendosity Evolved

Dillie-O

Council of Heroes
Greetings all!!!

This is a deck I've been working on for the past month or so. For those of you that know me, I've been obsessing/refining fiends for a long time now. Since Snipe Hunter came out in CDIP, there has been a new breed of fiends looking to take the banner and push the next generation of fiend decks. With that in mind, I've "evolved" my general purpose fiend deck (fiendosity) to accommodate for this next generation. It still needs some refining:

Deck Name: FienDillie-O: Fiendosity Evolved
Count: 42

Monsters: 17

Tribute:
Belial - Marquis of Darkness
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Dark Necrofear
Dark Ruler Ha Des

Non-Tribute:
Giant Orc x3
Goblin King
Kuriboh x3
Mystic Tomato
Newdoria x2
Phantom Skyblaster
Sangan
Snipe Hunter

Spells: 15
Allure of Darkness x2
Enemy Controller
Fires of Doomsday x3
Giant Trunade
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Pot of Avarice
Premature Burial
Shrink
The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh x2

Traps: 10
Crush Card Virus
Deck Devastation Virus
Destruction Jammer
Hate Buster x2
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgment x2
Soul Rope
Torrential Tribute

What's Soul Rope you ask? It is the LODT SE card I just found and raved over:
Soul Rope
Normal Trap
Activate only by paying 1000 Life Points when a monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your Deck.

I see this working flawlessly with some Giant Orc destruction or even some Hate Buster combos.

So what's "evolved" here?
Snipe Hunter - Like I said, first "new" fiend on the market that went to limited status because of its popularity and power.

Caius the Dark Monarch - Our newest ally. Sure there's the CC hype, but he's a fiend, and powerful, and we have every right to him.

The "Fuzzy Logic" Engine - A great way to protect life points and get tribute material to the field. With the Flute being a quick play, it is chainable and baitable and playable from the hand during your turn.

Belial - The Marquis of Darkness - This might be optional, or my "rotational" fiend, but I like the ability for some targeting control and he has an awesome attack.

Grave Squirmer - More versatile than Newdoria, though not quite the attack. I'm looking to have lots of fun with him and Soul Rope and figure out a balance with Newdoria. Currently Squirmer is something I'm pondering in the side, but I'm still looking for the balance.

Dark Support Spell and Traps - PTDN brought us tons of support and you can see it littered through the entire deck here. Just lost of power to harness.

Yes I know CCV is somewhat of a long shot, but I'm hoping to get a couple Gold Series packs for my birthday and get lucky. But that can rotate out of needs be.

So this is the rough draft. All suggestions highly accepted. thanks all!

You seem to really enjoy tokens don't you? Typically I won't do work on a non RFP themed deck, but as my current deck is primarily Fiend I think I can help here as well (and I want to expand out and learn more tactics before I exhaust all the RFP possibilities).

Lets look at the monster line up first:
1. With so many tokens running around (and the added option of Tributing a SS Kuriboh from Flute) have you thought about running more Tribute monsters? A second Caius or Dark Ruler could be a lot of help, especially with Caius ability to target anything on the field.
2. I've never seen the use for a single Goblin King (actually I never got much use out of any), I found it best to use at least 2 of them to lock your opponent down.
3. Why the single Tomato? It looks so random in this deck, not only is it the only non fiend in the lineup, a single searcher doesn't make any since to me. I'm sure you have a great reason to only run 1, but its still really weird. I'm also the type of person that just HATES seeing something out of theme in a deck.
4. You may want to think about Prometheus for obvious reasons.

Magic/Traps:
1. Escape from the Dark Dimension is a god send in Dark decks. By using Dark Necrofear or the Allure of Darkness to remove a Dark Ruler, Giant Orc, or Caius you can use Escape to bring it back and start beating down your opponent. In fact, Escape is almost the only time my Dark Ruler hits the field, as it can be Special Summoned from the RFP zone but not Graveyard its the first thing I ditch and remove. (You might think about a second necrofear to fully utilize this card).
2. Dark Eruption is also a very nice card to be running in this deck. You can easily cycle well over half of your monster line up back to your hand using it. While its not as good as being able to Special Summon them back to the field, it is a nice way of reusing them regardless.
3. Return From the Different Dimension: See Escape from the Dark Dimension but with an OTK capability.

Thats all I have for now, I'm sure its nothing you haven't thought of already so I'm not sure how much help I was able to give you. I'd love to discus how this deck works and runs, so if you'd ever like to share idea's I'm usually available on YIM, AIM, and MSN.

Well, I'm not a token ring subscriber typically (sorry, old networking pun), but Fires of Doomsday really helps pack a punch in here. Interestingly enough I haven't seen them much in some of the initial tests of things. I'm thinking of dropping Skyblaster for a second Tomato, to help with the search. I think the deck "stalls" a bit more than I play like, but when the right items show up, the tech and power that gets sent out is quite tasty!

i'll ponder promethius. I don't have him, but that won't stop me from proxying! Thanks so much!!!

Anybody else?

Sorry about taking so long to respond...
anyway...

You could go with more enemy controllers too... you probably have enough tokens, you could do a lot of damage with the controllers, or even creature swap...

Raviel, Lord Of Phantasms might even work, with as much fiend tokens as is possible with this...

Invader of darkness is another fun fiend to play with especially with all the book of moon and enemy controller's flying around this format. not to mention E-Tele, Forbidding Chalice (my new fav card), MST etc. Quickplay spells are rampant this format.

Also not sure but perhaps you could try to work in a couple of trade ins using Belial and Invader. Just a thought.

Fires of doomsday would also be a good pick, for sevaral reasons. Including econ abuse, CCV targets, for defense and the obvious tributes. even at one it helps the deck imensly (sp?). by reducing the risk of dead cards.

some food for thought anyway.

Back