Archfiend of Gilfer JMP-EN003

This is one of the "big" ones. Not only is he the newest Archfiend to hit Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, he is one of the most saught after cards in the game right now. At 2200/2500, the stats are decent for a 6 Star, though most people are not decking him for his stats. His effect, where after he is sent to the graveyard, he can come back to the field as an equip card and take 500 ATK of the monster he is equipped to.

Now, let me preface this by saying, HIS EFFECT IS OPTIONAL. Therefore, like "Peten the Dark Clown", "Archfiend of Gilfer" being sent to the graveyard must be the last thing to occur in order to activate his effect (the 2 cards have the same timing issues).

That said, play "Painful Choice", dump 3 in the graveyard... have all 3 come back on the same monster and then attack that monster... watch all 3 Archfiends hit the Graveyard... all activate and attach to the next... and work your way down the line.

Expect this card to fit in with Fiend and Archfiend decks. However, his recursiveness is even more annoying than "Dark Necrofear" so watch "Archfiend of Gilfer" fit in with most deck styles as well. This is one demon you don't want to cross.

yea its great when you are facing 3 spirit reaper and dumb it, you can then use it to beat up all 3 reapers, not to mention you then have the option to attach it to another face up monster on the field.

card is kool, but i havent seen it played too often, my sister uses it in her fiend deck but hasnt been able to pull it off on me, well atleast in a hardkore way.

Well put densetsu_x. Gilfer is brining a renewed interest in fiend decks, especially due to Gilfer's power....

Another nice little combo is to have Gilfer attached to a monster, DNA Surgery your Mazera DeVille to Spellcaster, then use Diffusion Wave-Motion and walk down the list of monsters, Gilfer each giving them an injection of ATK poision before the final blow 8^D

Well... If your opponent has no more monster on the field, 3 would go to grave Permanently unless you revive them.

Actually you can equip him to one of your own monsters (hopefully a smaller one in DEF position) it works great as a deterrent to that monster getting killed.

just to make sure, if equiped to a monster, and if that monster is destroyed by battle, is archfiend requiped, not sure about that one

But provided there is at least 1 monster on the field. :roll: Guess I am repeating my earlier point. :wink:

well you dont have to activate the effect which is a good thing, unless you want to keep the "Flint" Effect going for a very long while.

Beast of Gilfer JMP-EN003

Note: Sorry, just like I refuse to call King Genocide Demon "Terrorking Archfiend", I refuse to call Beast of Gilfer "Archfiend of Gilfer".

Card Description: Fiend/Effect: When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can activate its effect. You can then equip it to a monster on the field, and this card will be treated as an Equip Spell Card that decreases the ATK of the equipped monster by 500 points.

Every so often comes along a card, that despite how much criticism it gets, you just love it on sight and refuse to listen. BoG is the latest of these cards for me. I just wish that a) I didn't have to pay $15 s&h to ship it from the US b) I had one when I was running a Necrofear Deck.

Now I put this card in my deck instead of End of Anubis, since a Creator based deck would shoot itself in the foot with Anubis - and I was expecting major calamity... but to my suprise Gilfer really came through for me. When I summoned him, he was the strongest monster on the field and did some damage, and when my opponent managed to bring something stronger, just like with my Reflect Bounder, they refused to attack him because they were worried about his effect - and he actually outlasted both a Jinzo and Mobius in seperate duels (Yes he did get OWNED by a suicidal DDWL, but most monsters have that problem).

Pros: As Dark/Fiend he can fit into a wide range of decks
Pros: Decent effect that's re-useable, not game breaking, but decent.
Pros: Awesome artwork

Cons: His relatively low attack for his level brings him down ALOT. He would have been awesome if he had the normal 2400 ATK.
Cons: His effect is optional not mandatory, which narrrows down the ways you can activate it, and really thwarted by original plan of discarding him as part of the Creators effect to summon something else. It's also good for stopping that burn/infinite loop, I hate cheap wins.

I would personally give this card 7.4/10 because he works really well for me, but if I had to be objective, with the low attack and absence of spectacular effect to compenstate...

Overall: 5.5/10

Re: Beast of Gilfer JMP-EN003

there is already a thread on "Archfiend of Gilfer" for review, it would be on the second page towards the top...

Xeno said:
Note: Sorry, just like I refuse to call King Genocide Demon "Terrorking Archfiend", I refuse to call Beast of Gilfer "Archfiend of Gilfer".

If you're going to call it by its proper name; that would be Gilfer Demon (or was it Demon Gilfer).

What's in a name, that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

2/2/47-8

DaGuyWitBluGlasses said:
Xeno said:

If you're going to call it by its proper name; that would be Gilfer Demon   (or was it Demon Gilfer).

What's in a name, that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

2/2/47-8

Thanks Gilfer Demon.

Also, sorry, I did check if someone else already posted anything on this card, must have missed it.

About Gilfer, as long as it's equiped it counts as having a Archfiend on the field if I'm not mistaken, if you then play falling down and take control of a monster woo hoo. But if then the monster it's equiped to(Gilfer) is destroyed would falling down instantly be desroyed in the gap of Gilfer going to the grave, which would then make gilfer going to the grave not the last thing that occured? I could be overlooking it but it could make for a cool control archfiend deck.

What would be the best way to get rid of Gilfer is your opponent has attached him to one of your monsters? With Raigeki Break/MST etc... he would just return again, no?

Xeno said:
What would be the best way to get rid of Gilfer is your opponent has attached him to one of your monsters? With Raigeki Break/MST etc... he would just return again, no?
If you chain MST or Ragieki Break to any card Gilfer will miss its timing.

DaGuyWitBluGlasses said:
If you chain MST or Ragieki Break to any card Gilfer will miss its timing.

Really? I wasn't expecting it to be THAT easy. :)

Strange that no one has tried that on me, I've attached Gilfer to opponents plenty of times and I'm sure they had a MST or Dust Tornado set because they used on it on their next turn.

Back